• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ned would be proud of this boy :) Warms my heart seeing his lad achieving greatness.

Theon letting the cat out the bag, Arya being sent off on a mission, Cerci being slapped about. Man what a gift to Team Stark.

too lil too late

bring back greywind >:O (and robb)

Ned would be proud of this boy :) Warms my heart seeing his lad achieving greatness.

Theon letting the cat out the bag, Arya being sent off on a mission, Cerci being slapped about. Man what a gift to Team Stark.

I don't think Jon seeing death personified would be the definition of a gift.

Alright, I do have to admit that the Sparrow/Tyrell/Lannister story has been a good one. That said, I don't think it was a serious struggle until the jailing of Cersei. Marjory and Loris hadn't actually exerted much influence. She had only got started with Tommen, but leverage didn't translate into much with him being spineless. I sort of see her jailing as inconsequential until Cersei was jailed. The Crown went from being a useless pushover torn between two people to being a useless pushover with nobody to push him. If Littlefinger had occupied that vacuum or Lady Tyrrell, that would have been a big shift. If they had focused more on the shift of popular support from Crown to Church, without so much exposition, that would have been a fantastic story. In short, loved the arc, but thought the focus was off and the pace was slow.

As for Danerys, she is in the same position as the end of the last season - a bumbling ruler in a city she doesn't understand. Sure, she has Tyrion at her side, but that hasn't stopped the Harpies or anything and there are two episodes left. Whatever happens, it will seem to jump from a standstill or reverse.

While Jon has a change of title, I don't see his relationship with the Watch to be very different. Essentially outcast, seen by many as a traitor, and Sam is in danger without him there.

Stannis is still plotting conquest but with no gains in the seven kingdoms. Still moving pieces on a map in the firelight.

Sansa, well, same situation, different sadist.

I know I probably sound terribly pessimistic. Thing is, I do love the show and this season. It feels very very different and, until recently, was leaning slightly more towards soap opera pacing than I'd like.

You ain't a pessimist dude, you're talking truth. This the first episode where real major developments have actually been made. Look over the thread and anyone can see that most aren't just surprised with how great this episode is, but how it's been a long time coming and potentially an indication of how great the next couple of episodes could be.

2spooky4me

cE6WQ3p.gif

3spooky5me

Why they gotta stand there like that, man.

iNvid02

this show needs more comedy, throw out some suggestions.

Dany seemingly waving to jorah, he smiles ecstatically but out walks daario from behind

"Valhar morghulis"
"Fuck you"

rexor0717

Goddamn, episode was good. Those 4 White Walkers on the hill, that shot was perfection. And Jon shattering one with his sword was a total fist-pump moment.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
wow. that was epic.
they were just havin a round table and then all of sudden shit got real :eek:

Just think guys.

Winter is basically here now, and this winter is going to last at least a decade.

This show is ending during the middle of the worst winter in over eight thousand years.

Shit's going to get fucking crazy.

Just think guys.

Winter is basically here now, and this winter is going to last at least a decade.

This show is ending during the middle of the worst winter in over eight thousand years.

I'll believe that it is finally 'here' when it finally convinces people in King's Landing that it needs to be taken seriously.

Tits are basically here. Tits are coming, as well.

Yo.

That was the best war sequence since...Battle of Helm's Deep in LoTR:TT.

And the symmetry between arriving and leaving.

So good it almost makes the whole season worth it.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
My prediction on Shireen. Ramsay will set fire to camp, Shireen will be in danger and Melisandre will see this but instead of help or call for her she will let her burn. "Opps sorry your daughter died but hey the Lord of Light is happy now!"

basically lost hope there, and given the track record of this show, I lost hope too.

I was too impressed and inspired with last night, had to do something this morning
11374584_1445751179054322_4331914_n.jpg

Nice. Wish I could do that.

I'll believe that it is finally 'here' when it finally convinces people in King's Landing that it needs to be taken seriously.

Tits are basically here. Tits are coming, as well.

Well, if we go by Danny's and Brann's visions, Kings Landing is going to be fucking toast at some point in Winter. By the time they take it seriously it's already too late.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the entire continent of Westeros has a mass migration to Essos as the Walkers rampage down taking city after city.

My prediction on Shireen. Ramsay will set fire to camp, Shireen will be in danger and Melisandre will see this but instead of help or call for her she will let her burn. "Opps sorry your daughter died but hey the Lord of Light is happy now!"

They need her blood, wouldn't really work if she was burnt to a crisp.

Furoba

I wonder, did they burn king of bones before the others attacked, or did they leave his body on the floor? If not, that would be a rather inconsistent detail.

With so many costumes made from animal skins, you'd think the wildlings would have quite some animal oil on hand to use in their defence. Yet no one used fire?

Jon would better stock up on all the tar in Westeros he can get.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wonder what the hell is going to happen in episode 9.
That's usually where they have their huge episode. It's either going to have some huge plot moment or they just decided to make episode 8 their episode 9 of this season. I can't possibly imagine that next episode will have another massive battle.

Dennis

Banned
Best episode of the entire show.

Dany/Tyrion/Jorah

and

then a scene that looked and played better than most $200,000,000 movies.

The Jon/White Walker fight and the Come At Me Crow guy at the end were just breathtaking.

Well, if we go by Danny's and Brann's visions, Kings Landing is going to be fucking toast at some point in Winter. By the time they take it seriously it's already too late.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the entire continent of Westeros has a mass migration to Essos as the Walkers rampage down taking city after city.

Hope this will come true. Heh heh.

CHAOS. I WANTS IT~

I wonder what the hell is going to happen in episode 9.
That's usually where they have their huge episode. It's either going to have some huge plot moment or they just decided to make episode 8 their episode 9 of this season. I can't possibly imagine that next episode will have another massive battle.
I thought from episode 1 it was gonna be the battle for winter fell but with each passing week that seems less and less likely. I think they'll split it two ways between Ramsay's attacking force, the fighting pits and maybe they'll also throw in a Cersei escape or confession.

I thought from episode 1 it was gonna be the battle for winter fell but with each passing week that seems less and less likely. I think they'll split it two ways between Ramsay's attacking force, the fighting pits and maybe they'll also throw in a Cersei escape or confession.

Ya i think so too.

thekad

Banned
The budget constraints make it seem very unlikely for there to be a Stannis/Bolton battle. Ramsey's "20 good men" thing pretty much cemented that for me. After Hardhome it's hard to complain, but Ramsay just surprise killing Stannis would be the most anticlimactic thing ever.

Lorcain

It's amazing how much better this season could have been if each episode followed two story threads at a time, instead of like six.
That's my biggest complaint about the show structure. It's jarring to be bounced around between 4-5 characters in a single episode. There's not enough time to develop any single story arch.

The focus on Jon for the last part of this episode was great.

The budget constraints make it seem very unlikely for there to be a Stannis/Bolton battle. Ramsey's "20 good men" thing pretty much cemented that for me. After Hardhome it's hard to complain, but Ramsay just surprise killing Stannis would be the most anticlimactic thing ever.

Ramsay's my boy but I dont think he can win against the Lord of Light's chosen one

:<

(i fear for him)

Nah I think there'll still be a bigger battle at Winterfell next season. Ramsay might weaken Stannis but I highly doubt the battle ends for either side next week.

Blader

I legit thought for a moment there that Jon was going to die. In the seconds between the Walker approaching him for the last time and when their swords clashed I was running through my brain with the "Is he safe? Does he still have plot armor? Does Jon last longer in the books? Does he die here?" thoughts at a mile a second. :lol

These last two seasons have redeemed his character a lot for me; Stannis too. I'm far more comfortable with these two guys being as important as they are now than I would have been a couple years ago.

Avinexus

Just think guys.

That was still north of the wall, no? It isn't here yet.

Dennis

Banned
The weapon-shattering effect of the White Walkers attack was honestly one of the coolest special effects I have seen in a long time.

You see so much shit in movies you get jaded but that was fucking super cool (pun intended).

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I really love how Jon got a boss fight and won. Also, love how the army of the undead straight up has boss characters who are clearly huge badasses with ice weapons and special armor. That said, I am super worried about next episode.

I want Jon's wildling plan to work and have them go through the wall.

I want Stannis to not get decimated by Ramsay and his blitzkrieg.

I don't think either of those is gonna happen though :<

I really love how Jon got a boss fight and won. Also, love how the army of the undead straight up has boss characters who are clearly huge badasses with ice weapons and special armor. That said, I am super worried about next episode.

I think Ramsay and his blitzkrieg will die :<

Either way, one of us will be pleased next episode :D

#TeamManflayer

Jon still has his fleet. Worst case Castle Black tells him to fuck off and they sail around the Wall.

EDIT: Wait, I'm watching the re-run. Tyerion said Cerci had Robbert killed??? When the fuck was that mentioned?

Jon still has his fleet. Worst case Castle Black tells him to fuck off and they sail around the Wall.

EDIT: Wait, I'm watching the re-run. Tyerion said Cerci had Robbert killed??? When the fuck was that mentioned?

I think it's what Tyrion believed. So he said it.

Also, Winter has been knocking forever.

Flowers, hahahah i know right. i mean. logically, it's like what? I see a banner of manflayingness, and i'm staying the fuck away from these people, but no. Not in Westeros. I have no idea how it works, but maybe it's like some inspiring terrorist cult ??? Someone with a real scholar knowledge in how fear plays into allegiance might be more helpful in drawing allegories in how the Boltons 'work' psychologically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom