• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been letting my roommate borrow my season one blu-rays, and he's currently watching them in the living room. He just finished "Baelor," and when it cut to the credits he calmly muttered, "godammit."

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I was actually trying to come up with a hip-hop version earlier as well. haha

Drinkin' ale so hard I'm gettin plastered
Poppin' seed in your tummy makin' little bastards...
Yeah, I fucked your daughter son, but it wasn't my fault
She wouldn't swallow cuz she said it tasted like salt...

lol

Uchip

Banned
As someone that only watches the tv show, without knowing anything about the books
Can someone tell me if they keep introducing all sorts of fantasy elements?
I mean im ok with some of them but that wasn't the real appeal for me
How heavy is it?

Dany

Banned
As someone that only watches the tv show, without knowing anything about the books
How heavy is it?

Light fantasy, I'd say. As the show progresses they allow bits and pieces of 'fantasy' to come in but the most part, IIRC, its like an old wise tale turns out to be true.

Subitai

Another satisfied customer!
Who is completely hooked!
How heavy is it?
Ya, I can't really add much to Dany. I'd also add though that the show will work to underplay it when it can due to the constraints of the medium.

finally got around watching the latest episode.
I really like the pacing of this episode.
Seeing the Greyjoy being baptist. I can't wait for Dance chapters.

Another Thank u based-HBO. I've never scene the actress that played Margery nude.

^Can we get some spoiler tags?
of wat the episode that aired 4 days ago?

I thought once it aired u don't need to spoiler tag an episode. if u haven't seen the episode, enter the thread at ur own risk. I've never visited the thread until I saw the episode.

Unless ur talking about the mention of Dance. I do believe this is not the "No Spoiler book" thread.

ronito

It's been a while since I read the books but was
Stannis having sex with Melisandre
in the books? Or was it just implied?

Perhaps
they'll use the sex to explain the shadows she births
??

Roxas

uzF1I.jpg

Yoren <3

Yoren :(

Socreges

Banned
So can we all agree that the Brienne actress is more attractive than the Yara actress?

Not to rehash the complaints... just kinda interesting since 'Yara' is supposed to be kinda hot (with a bigish nose) and Brienne is supposed to be repugnant.

Also Margaery is hnnnnggg.... and hopefully not considered to be 14 years old.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I'd kill for a Yara sex scene.

I have a foot fetish hahaha I couldn't help it, but fuck it I still hate that casting

I thought once it aired u don't need to spoiler tag an episode. if u haven't seen the episode, enter the thread at ur own risk. I've never visited the thread until I saw the episode.

Unless ur talking about the mention of Dance. I do believe this is not the "No Spoiler book" thread.

You have to spoiler tag (and label) anything from the books that hasn't aired on the TV show. Implying that a character or characters are alive in later books is a spoiler.

Anything that has aired, and its related content in the books is fair game though of course.

jett

D-Member

There are clear rules in the OP of how to behave in this thread. This is not the "post anything you want" thread.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
It's been a while since I read the books but was
Stannis having sex with Melisandre
in the books? Or was it just implied?

Perhaps
they'll use the sex to explain the shadows she births
??
[It's heavily implied in CoK. DwD
and stated outright in DwD

that was the implication from the book yes.

Iirc she offers davos that deal. Sleep with me to create more shadows. Or something like that

Question:

Was the prayer Yoren taught to Arya on the books as well? I must've forgot about it when I read ACOK

And Francis Magee is awesome for portraying Yoren. I liked how Yoren fought to the death in the TV series even though the books did not tell how Yoren went down

pr0cs

Question:

Was the prayer Yoren taught to Arya on the books as well? I must've forgot about it when I read ACOK

ACoK :
no she sort of comes up with it herself, before the battle with Lorch's men. They left out the whole part with Weasel too but I can see why.

Gvaz

Banned
Question:

And Francis Magee is awesome for portraying Yoren. I liked how Yoren fought to the death in the TV series even though the books did not tell how Yoren went down
It wasn't taught to her. She came up with it herself but unfortunately for tv viewers that would make them dislike her more because she would seem more psychotic and less relatable. The thing is, that's what happens with this story. You go from hating characters you liked to liking characters you hated.

Just a quick refresher on the spoiler tagging and labeling rules for this thread from the OP. The majority of posters are doing a good job adhering to these, but please take some time to review them if you're not clear on what to do. Thank you.
Zb44O.jpg

Please keep in mind that many viewers haven't read the books and will be new to the ASoIaF series. As such, please spoiler tag any plot points that haven't aired yet on HBO and label what book you're discussing. This includes book spoilers as well as promos and teasers that HBO has released for upcoming episodes. Also note that mentioning a specific character in a specific book confirms that they're still alive at that point, so please do not do this.

I know it's a hassle to use tags, but some of the spoilers involved with this series are HUGE and there are plenty of other places on GAF to discuss ASoIaF on GAF. I've included some links (see above) to other GAF threads for the series as a whole. Remember that this show needs to put up some big viewership numbers to stay on the air, and most of the potential audience hasn't read the books before. Let's be respectful towards them, and when in doubt, put it in spoiler tags.

Properly using spoiler tags:

Good usage:
  • [ACoK]
    Put your spoilers from A Clash of Kings here and talk about whatever you want from that book.
    It's obvious which book you're talking about and all content is tagged.

Poor usage:

• Example #1:
    There's no label on this one, so no one knows what books it's from. Probably shouldn't click on these anyway.
    Label which book you're talking about.
  • Example #2:
    Hodor's best moment is when [ACoK]
    HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR
    Don't confirm which characters are alive in which books. Always put the character name and the content inside a spoiler tag.
  • Example #3:
    I don't like it when Hodor hodors in that scene.
    [ACoK]
    HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR
    This is the same problem as above. We know which character you're talking about because of what you quoted, and then you confirm that he's alive in the second book. Your best bet is to just label it as a [series spoiler] and leave it at that.

If you do see an untagged spoiler your best course of action is to 1) ask the poster to edit their post quickly 2) don't quote spoilers as that's how they end up spreading 3) PM a moderator that's online and ask them edit the post for you.

Thanks for your help with this - I know that all of the new fans will greatly appreciate your effort. For the new fans that aren't familiar with the series, your best bets for avoiding spoilers are to 1) read the books beforehand, 2) don't highlight any spoilers in this thread, and 3) avoid the spoiler-heavy ASoIaF threads on GAF that are listed above.

suzu

Robb is hot. :p

I forgot which interview I read it from, but it must be amusing to have random people call out "The King in the North!" when they see you on the street. lol.

I do believe this is not the "No Spoiler book" thread.

You're still supposed to put book spoilers in spoiler tags.

Did you completely fail to notice that everyone else is doing that around you.

From what I can tell you just spoiled ALL BOOK SPOILERS
Theon's appearance in ADWD. And I'm just finishing up AFFC. :(

3rdman

finally got around watching the latest episode.
I really like the pacing of this episode.
Seeing the Greyjoy being baptist. I can't wait for Dance chapters.

Another Thank u based-HBO. I've never scene the actress that played Margery nude.

She appears nude in The Fades all be it briefly.

Magnus

I forgot which interview I read it from, but it must be amusing to have random people call out "The King in the North!" when they see you on the street. lol.

I'd do a lot more to him than call out on the street....damn. #inheat

Jarmel

Banned

That's almost as awesome as the one with Emma Watson which was when she answered some question in class, someone would scream out "5 points for Gryffindor".

bengraven

That's almost as awesome as the one with Emma Watson which was when she answered some question in class, someone would scream out "5 points for Gryffindor".

That was actually proven to be false.

Which is good, because that would be a really douchey thing to do.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
You're still supposed to put book spoilers in spoiler tags.

Did you completely fail to notice that everyone else is doing that around you.

From what I can tell you just spoiled ALL BOOK SPOILERS
Theon's appearance in ADWD. And I'm just finishing up AFFC. :(

That's not what I got from what he said at all. He was talking about
the priest
I think.

Just add spoiler tags, what the fuck. And quit talking like ur on GameFAQs.

Snake

ir5aXHXvViUE3.gif

Agreed. She had that smirk and playfulness down pat in ep12, don't know where it went for ep13 though. Wonder if the change in directors had something to do with it?

Perhaps. Speaking of which, LF's accent also changed for this episode as compared to the previous one, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom