• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arment

I like how they're taking some characters like Margaery and [ACOK]
Jeyne
and making them a bit bigger than they were in the books.

It's going to really pay off in the future.

Ark

Finally have my copy of A Game of Thrones :) Time to start reading.

Also got myself the first season on blu-ray, I'll get through watching that sometime over the coming couple of weeks and hopefully convince everyone else I know to watch it too! :)

The OP is updated with some longer episode synopses for Ep 2.06-2.09 that WiC posted. Spoilers, obviously. Also, the unconfirmed title for Ep 2.10 was added, as well.

bengraven

Still so insane to me that Charlie Chaplin and then his son both had kids so late in life; to the point that a man born in 1889 would have a 25 year old granddaughter it's so fucking bizarre, but cool.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Finally finished Dance with Dragons last night, so I can finally start watching the TV show! Soooo excited! :3 Hopefully I can be all caught up by next Sunday. Whoooo!

bengraven

Oh wow, so they are combing that major event and a minor event.

(CoK spoilers DO NOT READ)
Mel giving birth with Davos as witness and the shadow killing little brother.

agrajag

Banned
So I finally saw Episode 3 the other day. It was good. Brienne is awesome. Loras looks way different from Season 1.

Glad that the Margaery seduction scene played out almost exactly as I predicted in this thread! It was kind of obvious, so I don't give myself too much credit. Didn't expect them to be so explicit with Margaery knowing about Loras and Renly, but it doesn't surprise me that they went in that direction. They like to take things that are slightly hinted at in the book and flesh them out in the show. Although, I don't think that was even hinted in the book, but Margaery is a very savvy lady, so I'm not surprised their secret bromance would fly under her radar. This gives another dimension to her character.

Oh, and I'm going to do a complete 180 on Margaery. I didn't think her very pretty from looking at pictures before, but she was absolutely gorgeous in this episode.

A couple more items from today:

- Digital Spy: 10 teasers about 'Garden of Bones' *spoilers for next Sunday's episode, please tag any discussion*

- Michael K. Williams interview with NY Magazine about Tupac and a few other things
Have you seen Girls on HBO?

No. I guess I'll get around to it eventually. I'm more of a Game of Thrones kind of guy. I'm a little freaked out about Game of Thrones right now. That's more my speed. I really can't wait to see what happens when the North and South fight and who's going to win. I want to see if the daughter who hides as a boy, if they're going to find her out and how she'll eventually get back to her family. It just has a lot of things I really, really appreciate. A lot of good writing, a lot of good acting.

Do you want to do fantasy like that?

Why not? I'm doing a period piece right now with Boardwalk Empire.
It's always entertaining to see other actors geeking about about GoT.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Racking my head on who Michael Williams could play as in GoT (not speculating he's being considered just a wish). I'd love for him to come in Season 3 or 4. Maybe when Dorne comes into the picture? Oh man.

1ze5Y.gif

hbo pls

Subitai

I like how they're taking some characters like Margaery and [ACOK]
Jeyne
and making them a bit bigger than they were in the books.

It's going to really pay off in the future.
Ya definitely! Also Tommen [AFFC]
already giving his mom control issues in the opposite direction of Joffery in terms of being susceptible to maneuverings of the Tyrells leading to her to doom herself
. It is interesting to sometimes read new view reactions that dismiss a character on the screen as unimportant, cause you know on the re-watch they'll appreciate what was going on.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Racking my head on who Michael Williams could play as in GoT (not speculating he's being considered just a wish). I'd love for him to come in Season 3 or 4. Maybe when Dorne comes into the picture? Oh man.

hbo pls

I don't care that it doesn't make any sense...

Dondarrion comin' yo!

the Dance "spoiler" I mentioned is not even about
Theon or the other Greyjoys. It is more about the characters and scenes on the Iron island.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I absolutely love Michael K. Williams but I honestly don't think there are any characters in this fiction that he would be right for.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I know everybody thinks Beric will be recast (quite rightly I'm sure) but they certainly could not replace him with a black guy.

gutshot

With regards to the Michael K. Williams discussion, after watching the ep last night, I found it interesting that [minor ep14 spoilers]
Xaro Xhoan Daxos announces himself as a Summer Islander. They never said where Saan is from, but they may change his origin to the Summer Islands as well. Meaning, despite casting some PoC in roles that were non-PoC in the books, the writers have gone out of their way to keep them consistent with GRRM's racial descriptions. Assuming that they continue down this path, and in the unlikely event that Williams would be cast as someone in this show, it would need to be a character that could theoretically originate from the Summer Islands.

gutshot

I forgot gutshot has already seen ep4. Jealous, looks like a lot of great material from the preview.

Yeah, sorry, probably should have prefaced my remark with the clarification that it is not a spoiler one would know just from watching the previews. And yes, ep14 is pretty insane!

AngryMoth

Yeah, sorry, probably should have prefaced my remark with the clarification that it is not a spoiler one would know just from watching the previews. And yes, ep14 is pretty insane!
It's okay its not even a spoiler really, just a cool tidbit, but I'll spoiler anyway for consistency.
If I remember correctly from episode 3 though Davos says something like "you'll be the most famous maan in Lys" to Saan, so I think they're keeping him a Lysenni. Seems a little unnecessary to me to have Xaro be a Summer Islander just to explain his ethnicity but I'm sure it will appease some fans. I remember a podcast of ice and fire complaint that they cast a black guy as Xaro because he's the one guy described as extremely pale :lol

bengraven

With regards to the Michael K. Williams discussion, after watching the ep last night, I found it interesting that [minor ep14 spoilers]
Xaro Xhoan Daxos announces himself as a Summer Islander. They never said where Saan is from, but they may change his origin to the Summer Islands as well. Meaning, despite casting some PoC in roles that were non-PoC in the books, the writers have gone out of their way to keep them consistent with GRRM's racial descriptions. Assuming that they continue down this path, and in the unlikely event that Williams would be cast as someone in this show, it would need to be a character that could theoretically originate from the Summer Islands.

Didn't one of the books say that there were (very light series spoilers that aren't even 100% confirmed)
striped horses in the Summer Islands
? Also, this description from Wiki:

The Summer Islands are a number of islands in the Summer Sea, to the south of Westeros, that form a single nation. The port of Tall Tree Town serves as its capital. The natives of the islands are a dark-skinned people who speak their own language and often wear capes of brightly colored feathers. Archery is an important cultural skill to the Summer Islanders. Their special bows have a longer range than most others, giving their merchant boats added defense against pirates.

He has said this is a secondary world, similar to Middle-Earth, which is basically an "alternate earth". Kind of gives credence to him basically saying The Summer Isles are Africa.

New episode descriptions [ACOK]
Anyone else notice The House of the Undying is mentioned?

As it should. I don't understand why people thought it wouldn't be there. ACOK
just because it's "trippy" doesn't mean anything for HBO. They had multiple Sopranos dream moments, including a 20 minute sequence in Season 5. Budget-wise, it's easier say then Blackwater.

I absolutely love Michael K. Williams but I honestly don't think there are any characters in this fiction that he would be right for.

They should just have him play
Jalabar Xho

he doesn't even need any dialogue for a while, just have him standing around in the background at King's Landing wearing his cape of colored feathers or whatever

gutshot

Someone needs to make a video of Yoren saying crazy shit like "There's men out there want to fuck your corpses!" and "This lot, halfa them would turn you over to the king quick as spit for a pardon and the other half would do the same, except they'd rape you first" and "What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? A bear's balls" and "I buried an axe so deep in Willem's skull they had to bury 'im with it!" but set it to sappy music and then end it with "Yoren 243AL-299AL"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom