• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peff

I don't remember anything about this peach.

Renly gives Stannis a peach while they're talking and Stannis thinks he's going to draw his sword. It's referenced a couple of times in the same book in later Davos chapters by Stannis but that's it.

Puddles

Banned
I really hope we get ACoK
The Tickler's torture scenes
in tonight's episode. Or at least soon. Glossing over those scenes is absolutely unacceptable considering their impact on Arya's journey.

I really hope we get ACoK
The Tickler's torture scenes
in tonight's episode. Or at least soon. Glossing over those scenes is absolutely unacceptable considering their impact on Arya's journey.

ACoK
Aren't his standard questions (is there gold in the village, etc) based on being in a random village and not in Harrenhal?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
ACoK
Aren't his standard questions (is there gold in the village, etc) based on being in a random village and not in Harrenhal?
That can easily be changed to reflect the changes in the show from the book.

I'm back home so I don't have to wait to see tonight's episode. :)

- Westeros and Gold Derby take a look at the HBO's "For Your Consideration" Emmy package that was recently sent out to voters:

Of interest:
Westeros.org said:
Gold Derby has a mass of pictures and details concerning HBO’s “for your consideration” package that they’ve sent out to the 15,000-strong Academy of Television Arts & Sciences to help provide material for them to decide their Emmy nominations. Of particular note to fans will be the Game of Thrones actors and actresses that HBO has submitted for consideration with the academy:

• Best Actor/Actress: None. Which is interesting, to say the least. Is it because the ensemble cast suggests there’s no single lead actor? That’s fair enough, but it does seem strange to not have Dinklage here when he’s now heading the credits…
  • Best Supporting Actor: Peter Dinklage, of course, joined by Alfie Allen, Kit Harington, and Richard Madden. As Gold Derby notes, eligible performers can submit on their own, so nothing is stopping Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Stephen Dillane, Liam Cunningham, or others for submitting themselves.
  • Best Supporting Actress: Maisie Williams, Michelle Fairley, Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey, and Sophie Turner.
  • Best Drama: Game of Thrones joins Boardwalk Empire, Luck, and True Blood.
  • The episodes submitted for consideration are simply the first two (The North Remembers, The Night Lands)

Subitai

They may be submitting Dinklage for Supporting Actor because they think he's got a better shot at actually winning it.
IMO this is the year to get it though. [series]
He has the most agency and will closer to the center of than at any other time in the story. I mean, he ends the season losing his face and almost dying saving the city for the rest of his ungrateful family.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
IMO this is the year to get it though. [series]
He has the most agency and will closer to the center of than at any other time in the story. I mean, he ends the season losing his face and almost dying saving the city for the rest of his ungrateful family.

[series]
I disagree. I think whenever his trial and the later ASOS stuff comes up, that's when Dinklage is really going to shine.

apana

This seems kind of early. So does that mean the first two episodes were the best ones? Maise and Michelle have the best chances but I was surprised by them also picking Sophie Turner. Dinklage should have been nominated for best actor but they want to win an emmy and this is their best shot so I am fine with the choice.

jett

D-Member
The first two eps(and the third too) don't really showcase any interesting acting from Dinklage. Weird to use those, weird to submit so soon.

I've finally caught up to the show schedule, to watch my first episode the night it's released. Can anyone tell me what time the new episodes arrive on the HBO Go app for the 360?

My friend gave me his Direct Tv login info. :)

Dany

Banned
I've finally caught up to the show schedule, to watch my first episode the night it's released. Can anyone tell me what time the new episodes arrive on the HBO Go app for the 360?

My friend gave me his Direct Tv login info. :)

Its been right when the show airs for the last 3 weeks, :)

ITS up on HBO GO!

Memles

The first two eps(and the third too) don't really showcase any interesting acting from Dinklage. Weird to use those, weird to submit so soon.

These are less submissions, and more reminders - actual submissions only come after the nominations, at which point Dinklage (who will get nominated) would submit a more Tyrion-centric hour. Those two episodes are simply those that sell the series more generally.

I didn't notice until today but it's lame that all the map locations beyond the initial ones have a single "shot," as opposed to the originals that have numerous. Just one of many lazy things about the intro.

And wow, they just used the most generic fart sound effect I've ever heard. And the fade to black as Robb charges...

Wait so, did he make her BEAT her, or did he make her fuck her?

edit: beaten. Yeah, the early reviews said "ugly sexual torture" (which of course that was), but i really hope she hit her with the stag not uh...the other thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom