• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
BTW I'm supertired of the dragons being hidden in such a shameful manner. They're literally the direwolves of season 2. Worse, even. Only one dragon has appeared, and only in one scene. :lol

Meier

I was wondering how they'd do the shadow birth. Damn, they nailed it... disappointed that they're making people wait until next week to see the end result though.

Gruco

Banned
Catelyn and Arya stole the show tonight. Catelyn's scene w/ Littlefinger and Ned's Bones really captured how incredibly and and overwhelmed she's started to get.

Arya beginning and adapting her prayer, with the spontaneous addition of Polliver was really good too. Arya's story gets really dark and scary around here and they just nailed that angle of it. Also loved Tywin just showing up and calling out all of Gregor's men for idiots.

Turning Xaro into a Summer Islander seemed like a neat twist too. At least, it looks like they'll make him a bit more interesting than he was in the books.

Final scene was holy crap. Guess they'll have to lead off next week with the follow up. Not quite where I expected the episode to end, but it will be good to see it hit the fan from the get go next week.

ROOSE BOLTON

Joffrey's scene was honestly a little too over the top. It's like, we get what a little shit is already. The beating Sansa stuff was enough for that. Torturing whores to spite his uncle? Too much.

Overall, best episode of the season by a pretty good margin. Only getting better from here on out.

Dany

Banned
CoK
My Boy lives another week!

I loved the episode, everything was perfec,t Tywin entrance was magnificent. Littlefinger and Cat were great, Tyrion continues to steal every scene. Shadowbabies, god damn they didn't hold back.

KingK

I think this might be the best episode of the series so far.

I seriously can't get over how well they nailed that final scene. From the dialogue between Davos and Melisandre leading up to it, all the way to final shot, it was just so perfect.

This episode also felt dark as fuck, which is definitely appropriate. I hope they can keep nailing this mood and atmosphere.

Gruco

Banned
Oh yeah. and between the Janos Slynt scene in ep 2, the Myrcella bait and switch in ep 3, and now Lancel, they're really doing a great job pacing Tyrion's cleaning house. [COK]
This is something that could probably continue all season, as the chain and wildfire events haven't even begun yet

KingK

What was Arya muttering in one of the scenes? I heard Cersei, and that's it.

Joffrey, Cersei, Ser Ilyn (the executioner), The Hound, Polliver, The Mountain...

All the people she wants revenge on. Yoren told her the story of how he muttered the name of that boy who killed his brother until the day he got revenge. Well, Arya's starting her own list.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Judging from the synopsis of the next episode that's posted in the OP [ACoK]
Renly's death will start the next episode.

[ACoK]
It would almost have to. No way they could end one episode with the birth and then switch to a different story but still come back to Renly's death in what would be that same night.

The Hound, Ilyn Payne (Ned's executioner), Joffrey, Cersei, Polliver, the Tickler...she's naming people she wishes were dead.

Did she actually say The Tickler? I know I heard Polliver.

Omega

Banned
I've never read the books and only just started watching this show last week (up to date thanks to HBO GO) and I have a question.

What was up with that last scene? Looks like one of the enemies from Alan Wake..

Gruco

Banned
Did she actually say The Tickler? I know I heard Polliver.

Yeah, I think you're right, she only added in Polliver after the scene where he punched that lady, but I don't think Tickler got a call out.

Content Roundup

3adBD.jpg

Reviews:
- Sepinwall
- Onion Knight A|V Club
- EW.com
- WiC.net
- Westeros.org
- memles

I'll post a refresh a little later tonight with more reviews and video links.

An-Det

That was awesome, loving how dark it is. Impressed with the ending scene, wasn't sure how much they would show with that.

Damn having to wait a week, the episodes go by too fast.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
The Tickler was done really well.

Also, that was supposed to be Harrenhal, right? Looks pretty damn awesome.

[ACoK]
Can't wait for Jaqen to start ninja-murdering some motherfuckers.

Altazor

I've never read the books and only just started watching this show last week (up to date thanks to HBO GO) and I have a question.

What was up with that last scene? Looks like one of the enemies from Alan Wake..

GTFO of this thread and go to the NO BOOKS SPOILERS one. Seriously, it's for your own good. You really don't want to get accidentally spoiled.

jett

D-Member
That intro is got unnecessarily cramped hehe. I don't know why they even bothered showing Winterfell and The Wall this episode. Pretty dumb.

LordCanti

This was my favorite episode of the season I think. The shadow baby birthing was perfect, and I really enjoyed both the tickler and the scene at the gates of Qarth. I'm not fully buying that Tywin recognizes Arya as a girl (the same age as the missing Arya Stark) and doesn't put two and two together considering that they came from King's Landing. It's one of those little changes (it is a change, isn't it? It's been so long since I've read them) that makes you wonder where they're going with it.

I can't wait to see the [ACOK/Next Episode]
Shadow baby doing it's work
I know it's going to be epic.

This was my favorite episode of the season I think. The shadow baby birthing was perfect, and I really enjoyed both the tickler and the scene at the gates of Qarth. I'm not fully buying that Tywin recognizes Arya as a girl (the same age as the missing Arya Stark) and doesn't put two and two together considering that they came from King's Landing. It's one of those little changes (it is a change, isn't it? It's been so long since I've read them) that makes you wonder where they're going with it.

It's been a while but I think it's a change, IIRC it seems like they're combining something.

My favorite episode of the series so far, all my non-book reading friends were freaking out at the end, everyone was asking what's going to happen in the next episode

Also, (spoiler from the preview of episode 15)
Watching that preview got me so excited to see jaqen messing people up. The name of the episode is perfect and dope as hell

KingK

Pretty sure Tywin recognized her as a girl in the book as well. I might be mistaken though.

edit: or maybe it was (COK)
Roose Bolton who recognized her as a girl.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Pretty sure Tywin recognized her as a girl in the book as well. I might be mistaken though.

[ACoK]
She revealed herself as a girl while prisoner in the village because she had no choice because she had to pee.

Igladius

Neo Member
Just got done watching on HBO GO, and everything was done absolutely PERFECTLY... except, I must say one thing:

aCoK:
No peach :(

LordCanti

Apparently it's the latter (I checked a wiki). [ACOK book spoilers]
Roose
wouldn't have known that
Arya was missing
and would have had no reason to suspect a peasant girl. Tywin Lannister would have on the other hand, which is why it rubs me the wrong way somewhat.

Oh well. Water under the bridge.

Still a fantastic episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom