• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had a few folks on my twitter feed saying that if the show stays this dark, they are gonna need to rethink watching it every week.

Also re: new Gregor, I love his voice, not a fan of his actor. Looks tall and gangly, IMO.

[aCoK]
I thought they were gonna finish with Renly's death scene. The scene was described in the book from Cat's pov, unless they mean to start the next episode with that.

Pollux

fucking fuck that was fucking awesome. And if people are bitching that the show is "getting" dark, it's about a war in a medieval society...of course it's going to be dark.

[aCoK]
I thought they were gonna finish with Renly's death scene. The scene was described in the book from Cat's pov, unless they mean to start the next episode with that.
it was in the scenes for next week.

Amir0x

Banned
It seemed so cheap to keep hiding the dragons off camera like that, but with that last scene I understand why they needed to save some money :p

jett

D-Member
Shadowbabby was perfect, gives me a lot of faith for the more fantastical moments of the books.

Again, this episode is the best yet. The Dany scene was a bit too awkward..and am I misremembering or does that scene not actually happen in the book?

I guess no peach for the peachlovers.

RPGCrazied

Oh the power of CG, she really looked pregnant. I have a feeling what she gave birth to is seriously bad news. I haven't read the books, so I don't know.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
[aCoK]
Judging from the synopsis of the next episode that's posted in the OP [ACoK]
Renly's death will start the next episode.

[aCoK]

Yeah, it removes the "wtf just happened" aspect of that scene, which is a shame. Although they clearly just moved the reaction to this scene, heh.

The non-spoiler thread is lulzy

I'm curious if that's going to be too much for some people--it seems like some non-book fans of the show have trouble coming to grips with any of the fantasy that lurks in the corners of the story as it is.

KingK

Wow...Even better than last week I think. Fucking amazing. That last scene was everything I could have hoped for and more. Goddamn.

Also, it's like they heard the bitching from last week about not showing enough of the "sufferings of war" and showed that off right at the beginning and again in Arya's scene. Also, Arya's starting her "list." Fuck yeah.

Kinda wish Renly had pulled out the peach in that parlay with Stannis.

Pollux

That preview for "The Newsroom" looks awesome. First I've heard of it also. But I'll be tuning in. And watching "VEEP" now.

Altazor

I just can't wait for the non-book reader people to comment in the NO BOOK SPOILERS thread, heh. Just a few replies so far.

oh, and, WONDERFUL episode: both Tyrion and Tywin were BAMF this episode. The "tickling" scenes were creepy as fuck (thus, very well done) and... Scumbag Littlefinger is Scumbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom