• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, from South Park last night:

0o0Wg.jpg
WiC.net has the short clip up on their tumblr.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Julian Glover said [series spoiler]
there is one upcoming death in the next series (assume he means season 3) that is "completely staggering".

I don't think so, he hasn't read the books and this video is from before Season 2 started airing, so it's probably referring to this season.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Really not digging the new Mountain. He's tall, but he's not really imposing. Just long and lanky.

Snake

New Mountain needs some new armor + shoulder pads, and maybe a better fake beard. His voice was pretty good though, at least in my opinion. Someone compared it to Christopher Lee.

Vodh

New Gregor really is inferior... but it's ok, it's not like he has a lot of face time in the books.

I just rewatched the Harrenhal scene a couple of times and I think he's alright. Shoulderpads and he's good to go.

But that's not what I thought when I saw The Mountain in the first series. Back then I was absolutely in awe for the people who did the casting, old Gregor was just amazing.

That being said, the new Gregor looks more like a brother of the TV Sandor (who's just awesome) and that's a good thing. So yeah, he needs some bulkier armor and someone to tell him to act more pissed off, and he's going to be great.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
New Gregor really is inferior... but it's ok, it's not like he has a lot of face time in the books.

I guess, but the only thing Gregor's actor has to bring to the role right now is to stand there and look terrifying, and he doesn't.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kinda OT but any suggestions for other HBO shows to watch? I just finished season 1 of Game of Thrones, and now I'm needing something to watch while I wait for Season 2 on Blu-Ray since I don't have HBO. I'm really loving Boardwalk Empire, but I don't know what there is after that.

Kinda OT but any suggestions for other HBO shows to watch? I just finished season 1 of Game of Thrones, and now I'm needing something to watch while I wait for Season 2 on Blu-Ray since I don't have HBO. I'm really loving Boardwalk Empire, but I don't know what there is after that.

If you want more swords n incest, check out Rome. Can't go wrong with The Wire (or The Sopranos)

the sopranos and the wire

"how to make it in america" :)))

Clevinger

Deadwood, The Wire, Rome, Carnivale

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Big Love, Tell Me You Love Me, OZ, Band of Brothers, Treme, True Blood.

Can someone post a pic of the new Gregor?

ouzyG.jpg

This is all I could find.

apana

He has a great voice, no one can deny that. He is the Darth Vader to Lord Tywin's Emperor Palpatine. Now if he could only get the physical presence down.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. I have no problem with the new Cregor and truthfully didn't really notice.

2. I was uncomfortable with the Joffrey torture scene, but I think it's important for reasons that have nothing to do with spoilers. I'm generally against having a character with absolutely ZERO redeeming qualities (or scenes that prove them), but I'll make an exception. I think there's a coherent this-then-that from the Sansa scene (and Tyrion's subsequent public tutelage) straight to Joffrey's reaction to his 'gift.'

3. I haven't read the books in years (stopped halfway through FFC), but the way I imagined Qarth and the 13 was the first time I sat up and said to myself, "this isn't what I imagined." Everything else has been spot on.

4. Agreed with the earlier comments that the pain felt by the commoners was much more prevalent in the books up to this point. Like seriously, we're facing a fucking uprising while we play this game of thrones.

5. Am I the only one that missed Jon Snow and his misfits north of the wall this episode?

6. The actress playing Catherine Stark is outstanding.

7. I really, really love the intros and the theme music. I don't think it's an accident that the world map is laid out on an inside-out globe, with everything working as an intricate machine. Really neat.

8. I haven't been this engrossed in a television show ever, outside of moments of far inferior shows. I know I'm going to be let down as we get to seasons 5-6 and they run out of material.

9. I think it's time I re-read the books. :)

10. I treat this thread like few others in my 6 years on GAF. I'm scrolling quickly, not clicking on a thing for fear of spoilers (even though I've read the books). I have a fantastic ability to forget things (short term memory loss?) so watching this show means far more to me than reading this thread. Still, I want to be involved and the other thread really pissed me off.

Daenarys' actress is the worst on the show.

I like her, but I'm kind of getting Emma Watson one-note vibes from her to a certain extent. Nearly every line is dramatic, often semi-forced. I get that the Qarth scene was Dany portraying herself as strong in an attempt to save her people, but it did come off a bit too dramatic at times.

Still, she's a good actress with lots of potential.

Sophie Turner also suffers from that. Both could take some notes from Maise Williams in terms of subtlety

Loofy

Did they say why they had cast changes?

The first loras looked very lorassy. And this new gregor doesnt even look like hes related to the hound.

(short term memory loss?)

Short term memory loss is argued to be in a range of a few seconds to a few minutes tops. So that's not it lol. :p

Did they say why they had cast changes?

The first loras looked very lorassy. And this new gregor doesnt even look like hes related to the hound.

Loras is the same actor.

Gregor was originally believe to be scheduling conflict because Conan Stevens was cast in Peter Jackson's upcoming Hobbit films, but we have since found out recently that HBO/D+D did not ask Stevens back for season 2 regardless of scheduling issues.

kirblar

Gregor was originally believe to be scheduling conflict because Conan Stevens was cast in Peter Jackson's upcoming Hobbit films, but we have since found out recently that HBO/D+D did not ask Stevens back for season 2 regardless of scheduling issues.
Any rumors as to why?

Ok, so what's the memory loss called where you were fucked up as hell and can't remember what you were doing in the interim?

I'm not sure if there is a specific memory loss associated with loss due to alcohol and/or drugs, but short term memory is also sometimes called "working memory", for example short term memory is what I use in a conversation to help formulate a response to what another person just said to me. Beyond that, things are stored in long term memory, there is no "storage" of information in short term memory.

This is just off the top of my head, but I think that's the gist of it.

Any rumors as to why?

Not that I know of.

I read it on Wic.net I believe, it may have been Gutshot.

Jonm1010

Banned
Her story is the most boring to me

Its funny hearing this sentiment so much online. Almost exclusively from men.

In my own experience every female viewer i've ever talked to finds her story the most fascinating and interesting.

Not saying one is right or wrong, but I actually enjoy her story both in the film and the books.

Socreges

Banned
Fucking LOVED the last episode. Great direction, great set pieces, great scenes. Harrenhall and Qarth looked good.

The direwolf scene and transition to Robb was terrible, though. Their worst attempt yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom