• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodh

goddammit that was GOOD. Should've been included instead that of creepy Littlefinger scene.

I agree. Of all the stuff that's been cut or shortened so far I think how they decided to just marginalize The Hound despite the excellent casting and him being such a great character in the books. His scenes were really powerful and I think they added a lot to the whole King's Landing part...

agrajag

Banned
Saw the newest episode yesterday... The shadow birthing scene, I thought it was a little too explicit. I think it would've been a little more tasteful and artistic to see just her silhouette giving birth to the shadow. And the actress playing Dany is getting annoying, all of the Dany scenes and writing strike me as very weak. The editing is really bizarre too, they had a Qarth sequence for about thirty seconds and then they cut to something happening with Arya. Why even bother at all.

LuchaShaq

Banned
(SOS)
hopefully they don't skimp on the Hound/Arya scenes in season 3 and 4.

SOS spoiler
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Arya with Beric/Hound were 2 scenes each, meeting beric, beric-hound fight, with hound outside the twins, aftermath of that

KingK

SOS spoiler
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Arya with Beric/Hound were 2 scenes each, meeting beric, beric-hound fight, with hound outside the twins, aftermath of that

(SOS)
this is why I'm really hoping they don't try to rush season 3 just to get to the Red Wedding. If they split the seasons more in line with the book split, we would actually have a lot of breathing room to flesh out Arya's storyline and really show the horrors of war on the smallfolk. I find it funny that a of people complaining about them skimping on Arya's storyline this season are supporters of Red Wedding being in season 3. If they try to do that, then it's guaranteed that we're going to have another season gutting Arya's story.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
And now for some juvenile humor(you've been warned):

cockskskxc.gif

fartstpfsx.gif

queefefkk1.gif

KingK

Thanks for that.

So, do we know which actors have read the books and which haven't?

I think I remember seeing in some interview that Robb and Jon's actors have read the first 2 books and plan on reading the third before doing the third season.

Cersei's actress still hasn't read the books to my knowledge.

apana

(SOS)
hopefully they don't skimp on the Hound/Arya scenes in season 3 and 4.

SOS:
If they do the "you know what" at the end of season 3 then they have very little choice other than to have a bunch of Hound and Arya scenes.

AngryMoth

And if it is included, it won't have the same impact because the character has not been developed at all. But at least we have Ros, right?

Seriously, check out his audition tape:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIWX2fPx-5k

And yet he does nothing on the show. jesus
Goddam. I was never too fussed about that cut but seeing this has really changed my mind. Would have been an incredible scene. I can feel my inner book purist awakening this season :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
"always going on about climate change" is fucking brilliant

Fjordson

Finally got around to watching last week's episode.

Thought it was quite good. Some of the casting choices are really starting to shine for me. I love Davos, love Bronn, Jorah, Tywin, Gendry, Melisandre. All spot on and compelling when they're on screen.

That birthing scene was more...direct than I remember it being in the book, but some of the reactions from friends who haven't read the series have been pretty entertaining.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Is he such an insufferable hardass also in the books? I'm still stuck in ASOIAF.

Edit: Davos has too many fingers/knuckles. I wonder how much of a swordsman he is given his limitations.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Is he such an insufferable hardass also in the books? I'm still stuck in ASOIAF.

Edit: Davos has too many fingers/knuckles. I wonder how much of a swordsman he is given his limitations.

No spoilers but considering basically all of his limited fighting experience has been on a ship? Probably not any better than the average footman if even that.

I can't help but feel robbed of (ACOK spoilas)
the Hound's interactions with Sansa so far. I really don't understand why they had Littlefinger tell the story of how he got burned in the first season. He is seriously one of the most brutal and dangerous characters I've read about in a book (it's amazing how well GRRM portrays brutes), and I'm not feeling that yet from the TV Hound. Makes me wonder if they're even going to include her singing at knifepoint and his breakdown during the Blackwater (though the latter at least has to be in for plot purposes).

[Series Spoilers]
There has been some subtle hints, they may not have been picked up on by the audience though. The two I remember is last season when she thinks about pushing joffery off the edge, the hound stops her gently, and the scene last episode where he winces when she is hit and puts his cloak around her. I think they'll still have the knifepoint scene, they just are stretched for time and don't have any to do any of the bird mocking he does in the book.

I can't help but feel robbed of (ACOK spoilas)
the Hound's interactions with Sansa so far. I really don't understand why they had Littlefinger tell the story of how he got burned in the first season. He is seriously one of the most brutal and dangerous characters I've read about in a book (it's amazing how well GRRM portrays brutes), and I'm not feeling that yet from the TV Hound. Makes me wonder if they're even going to include her singing at knifepoint and his breakdown during the Blackwater (though the latter at least has to be in for plot purposes).

Its coming, future episode spoilers: http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2rckda1Ro1qze1ryo1_1280.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I guess future episode spoilers
Sansa's going to be taller than the Hound one day.
That was my first thought also. :lol

Switching gears a bit...[ASoS]
The taller Sophie Turner gets, the funnier Sansa's wedding to Tyrion will be. I really want to see him struggling to put his cloak on her.

Series spoiler(including ADWD)
Can't wait to see the reactions of people who shipped them when Gendry goes 'Screw this, i'm just gonna stick around and be a blacksmith.' and Arya responds with a 'Rofl Westeros, imma go explorin and become an assassin!'

series
I almost feel bad for new people watching the show, there are going to be SO MANY people intensely frustrated by SO MANY things in coming seasons, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom