• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

I've discovered ASOIF this year. Read the first five books between jan-march this year.

I can't believe people waited so long between each release. Sounds painful O_O

But I guess I'll have my share of pain until TWOW gets released. But the show is a good remedy.

ZeroRay

GRRM has a tendency to repeat a bunch of lines over and over again.

Series
Dark wings, dark words. Words are wind.

Majmun

And they sometimes sound like cooking books. GRRM sure likes to write into details about the food that's beeing eaten.

I'm glad the show is ignoring those details lol

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
GRRM has a tendency to repeat a bunch of lines over and over again.

Series
Dark wings, dark words. Words are wind.

Well, those are suppose to be colloquialisms. Although, it is weird to read them when they're found only in one/a few of the books. But that can't be helped.

It is known.

It is not known. This post is as useful as nipples of a breastplate.

Though really, the repeating phrases didn't get out of hand until ADWD, but it's mostly because that book was rushed and poorly edited. AFFC had some issues with it, but nothing that took me out of the reading process and make me shake my head at GRRM like ADWD did.

Lothar

Banned
It is not known. This post is a useful as nipples of a breastplate.

Though really, the repeating phrases didn't get out of hand until ADWD, but it's mostly because that book was rushed and poorly edited.

Rushed? I haven't read it yet but how could that be possible? It took 12 years to make!

Rushed editing. Although most of it was already edited before he finished the last chapters, so even thought it was a very quick turnaround, I'm not sure that was the case. Probably more friends with the editor than anything.

Nowhere near as bad as Rothfuss. God damn does that man need to hire his worst enemy as his editor.

Rushed? I haven't read it yet but how could that be possible? It took 12 years to make!

The editing process was was done incredibly quickly to get the book out as fast as possible. And he seemingly finished a large portion of it late and it wasn't properly refined. Even beyond the actual prose, the book has no structure and feels like they just cobbled together a bunch of disparate chapters and said here is what we have, let's publish this.

Rushed editing. Although most of it was already edited before he finished the last chapters, so even thought it was a very quick turnaround, I'm not sure that was the case. Probably more friends with the editor than anything.

Nowhere near as bad as Rothfuss. God damn does that man need to hire his worst enemy as his editor.
I agree that the problem starts with GRRM here, but it was clearly rushed as well. Ran at Westeros' comments about the editing process from last year make that pretty clear.

FStop7

Banned
I like sayings, especially if they carry dramatic weight. Winter is coming, for example. Or from Dune - 'May your blade chip and shatter' and 'the spice must flow.'

The only GRRM saying that irritates me, is

ACOK/ASOS
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

God I hate that phrase.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I like sayings, especially if they carry dramatic weight. Winter is coming, for example. Or from Dune - 'May your blade chip and shatter' and 'the spice must flow.'

ACOK/ASOS

God I hate that phrase.
Are you serious? [ASoS]
I shed a tear when those were her last words.

suzu

ASOS
You are crazy. That's like one of my favorite phrases from the book. lol.

endre

ACOK/ASOS

God I hate that phrase.

I found
It is known!
way more irritant.
Especially in the tv show.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ibbYIiddL1g5BR.gif

ihrvxKQa0mAUO.gif

"Actor" of the year:
icEP2iapZAips.gif

iVUBsHAlU84g5.gif

ibbgymb5IrbWEI.gif

ilqEIm0doFWJo.gif

ibw2bsmIUw3mNH.gif

iyh5fOkI75m87.gif

ibhFTPP0YFCaxO.gif

i36sdwUGQ2IIl.gif

ibgAE1FGDOdOkZ.gif

ibwlHyZtdSp68d.gif

ibgq6uJ8eX6nW2.gif

idjspWQ9NRh95.gif

iC0TgjMdfUo2k.gif

ibzY8a9mhbMhPl.gif

ibdoTMq06N3Kfl.gif

immyUwNIyqoDD.gif

ibbiQkgtv8tmRg.gif

ijcfwMov2UfPW.gif

irdiZ7I0llrIj.gif

ird33ehlZoWeg.gif

iJUsWkfX3wdDQ.gif

ibajq8baTBxRty.gif

ik3pQxvA0WRZu.gif

If you're looking for ideas, Dolorous Edd/Grenn/Jon's reaction to Sam's "three horns" comment would be great as well as Jaqen's eye point with the Arya part removed.
I'll have to look for that one.

Fuzzy

I found
It is known!
way more irritant.
Especially in the tv show.
Why are you spoiler tagging that?
You know nothing, endre.

EDIT: Nice gifs.

ibhFTPP0YFCaxO.gif

Another one with "Anyone can be banned." would be nice.

Spell with semen reagents and a long cool down.

(series spoiler)
doesnt it also make Stannis look years older as a result? I wish they had made him seem a little weaker or something at least, i've read a lot of complaints about how the shadow baby seemed OP and that it didnt seem to have any limitations. Also the whole thing about Melisandre not wanting to continue doing it because it was draining his life fires

Loofy

Man wouldnt be awesome if they did an animatrix/halo legends/gotham knight type compilation for GoT.
I really dont think the show will ever go into much detail on alot of the flashbacks and history told in the book.

Man wouldnt be awesome if they did an animatrix/halo legends/gotham knight type compilation for GoT?
I really dont think the show will ever go into much detail on alot of the flashbacks and history told in the book.
Great idea. I was pleasantly surprised with Halo Legends.

Fuzzy

lol

Also, Ros has been in more episodes than Robb Stark this season. Think about that.

whatintheactualfuck
Who's more important, King in the North or Queen of the Whores? I think I just answered my own question.

EDIT: I have no idea what the spoiler below me says since I haven't started AFFC yet and I'm scared to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom