• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Another requested one:

i3S9nd2YrIml.gif

suzu

I wish the wolves were talked about more. It seems like they are barely even acknowledged except for Rob's. So far I haven't heard of any encounters with wild ones much less anyone else having one as a pet, so I would think it would be unusual enough for characters in the show to comment on. Specifically, it seems no one gives a shit that snow has a giant wolf buddy. Are they afraid of it? Do they think it is awesome? Do they think it dangerous? I don't know.

People seem to only mention the dragons and Robb's wolf on the show. I suppose the Night's Watch folks and the people of Winterfell are just used to them being around by now.

Although I find it strange when the wolves aren't around when the children are in danger (ie: Bran getting attacked by the wildlings, Jon getting knocked in the head by Craster). lol.

FStop7

Banned
Although I find it strange when the wolves aren't around when the children are in danger (ie: Bran getting attacked by the wildlings, Jon getting knocked in the head by Craster). lol.

*checks to make sure this is the books OK thread*

I'm pretty sure that Summer fucked up some of those wildlings that attacked Bran in the book. I'm like 99% sure of it, in fact. The reason they didn't use the dogs a lot in season one is because they were difficult to work with. And now in season two they don't use them a lot because CGI is expensive...

suzu

I'm pretty sure that Summer fucked up some of those wildlings that attacked Bran in the book. I'm like 99% sure of it, in fact. The reason they didn't use the dogs a lot in season one is because they were difficult to work with. And now in season two they don't use them a lot because CGI is expensive...

It's just weird when they are with the children or nearby almost 24/7 in the books.

Pretty much for that reason, I think. But they did show Ghost for a few seconds in the background when the Night's Watch were at the Fist of the First Men.

Aww fuck you guys. Can't anything be innocent anymore?

Shippers.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

The difficulty was having the dogs and horses in the same scenes. They said on the commentary that the dogs spooked the horses.

Summer and Grey Wind fucked up the wildlings. One woman was still alive as a wolf started eating her belly, and another got hamstring'ed, then eaten. There were more wildlings to kill in the book, though.

I understand the difficulty in using the wolves, but it is a shame. Grey Wind + Robb talking to Jaime in episode 11 was one of my favorites.

Magnus

Someone needs to edit this so it alternates between Charles Dance in drag, shaking his ass, and Arya's cold stare.

The best I could muster with GIF Brewery. Enjoy, lol.

ijyJhSUHOZe1Z.gif

Also, has no one taken Renly in his Stag Crown for an avatar? I swore I used to see it. I'm doin it up. Fuck the haters. He still lives in me! :(

Summer and Grey Wind fucked up the wildlings. One woman was still alive as a wolf started eating her belly, and another got hamstring'ed, then eaten. There were more wildlings to kill in the book, though.

I understand the difficulty in using the wolves, but it is a shame. Grey Wind + Robb talking to Jaime in episode 11 was one of my favorites.

That Robb and Jaime scene is easily one of my favorites in the series. Great dialogue, great score, well shot, and Grey Wind and Robb were badass.

The direwolves were probably my biggest disappointment from season 1. And it wasn't really not seeing them much, but the omission of the importance of the wolves as realized by several characters.

They've done better in season 2. Grey Wind has been featured nicely, and I thought Bran's dream in episode 1 was so well done, as well as his talk with Luwin about his wolf dreams in episode 3. Even touches like Ghost standing watch over the scene as the Night's Watch arrived at the Fist of the First Men last week was cool.

Also, has no one taken Renly in his Stag Crown for an avatar? I swore I used to see it. I'm doin it up. Fuck the haters. He still lives in me! :(

Dany M used to rock it, but then Stannis happened, and he died.

Where the fuck have I been? I got the next episode preview and I thought I saw
Ygritte!
so I google this and oh my goodness! The last I had heard about her I thought she was getting pushed back into season 3, so I didn't know they picked an actress yet. But anyway, I like the look of her.

Only her teeth other me, which are exceptionally straight. Maybe they'll gank'em up for the series, who knows.

KingK

It's possible he's hoping [ACoK]
when she's introduced sleeping naked under the furs that they'll show her without the furs.

I suppose. I sounded like he was referring to (ASOS)
Jon and Ygritte sexy time.

ASOS
Then again it might get moved up like many other things in the show, or it might get written out.

(ASOS)
I doubt they would have time to move Jon and Ygritte's relationship up to this season. There's only 5 episodes left this season, and you have to figure at least a couple of them won't even feature Jon (at least the Blackwater episode will probably exclusively feature that battle). Plus Jon doesn't start having sex with Ygritte until a decent amount into ASOS, iirc. They'll probably end him this season right where he ended in the book, killing Halfhand and joining the Wildlings, because it's a great stopping point.

I've never done an audiobook. I was tempted the last time I drove home (16 hours!) but they are prohibitively expensive. Still, a very cool touch.

Isn't he rerecording Feast, as well?

I subscribed to audible for a time while I was on the road a lot. Loved listening to him narrate. I actually wish the actor for Hodor sounded more like Roy's version.

Majmun

Today I've had a free day from work and rewatched all of the season 2 episodes so far.

SO.GOOD.

Each episode blends well together. The quality* compared to first season is so much better imo

acting, clothing, pace, production(values)

God I wished they'll keep on producing the show until TWOW gets released. I need my annual ASOIAF fix ;_:

Today I've had a free day from work and rewatched all of the season 2 episodes so far.

SO.GOOD.

Each episode blends well together. The quality* compared to first season is so much better imo

acting, clothing, pace, production(values)

God I wished they'll keep on producing the show until TWOW gets released. I need my annual ASOIAF fix ;_:

I think I am going to do a marathon weekend for all episodes including season 1. Its been a while since I had a good marathon session :p

And I am sure they will still be producing this show (assuming it goes beyond season 4) by the time Winds releases. Worst case scenario is that the show hits a wall after when its in season 8 or so with no final book to follow :p

GRRM why do you have such laid back writing mentality! Mr. "I hope to get DwD released a year after AFFC"

Slightly OT: I often wonder if the people who forget so many details are the ones who listened to the audiobooks instead of reading the books.

Could be that they just read the books 15+ years ago? :p

First three books alone released over a decade ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom