• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, safe to say this is the one that deviated the most from the books so far?

I don't recall
that slaughter at the end at all. Something to spur Dany on even more? to have her come to the House of the Undying with vengeance on her tongue instead of just curiousity?

aCoK
It never happened in the books. Huge deviation.

MisterNoisy

So, safe to say this is the one that deviated the most from the books so far?

I don't recall
that slaughter at the end at all. Something to spur Dany on even more? to have her come to the House of the Undying with vengeance on her tongue instead of just curiousity?

I'd argue that this ep deviated more from the books than the entire season and a half that came before it.

wtf is this shit, they're really diverging from the book now

good episode otherwise

I'm glad that I can watch the show and still be genuinely surprised despite reading the books. Also, the changes to Dany's story make it a bit more exciting than the one in COK.

OK, good, sometimes I don't trust my own memory with these books. I was like, "man I can't remember what this slaughter had to do.. with... whaaaaat??!?....."

Kud Dukan

I'm glad that I can watch the show and still be genuinely surprised despite reading the books. Also, the changes to Dany's story make it a bit more exciting than the one in COK.

Yeah, I figured they would need to spice up her storyline, so I wasn't surprised by that.

This x1000. Actually happy with them spicing up her story. It's all going to the same end point anyway.

There's a lot different from the books, but the only thing that really bothers me is the possibility that (ASOS)
foreign girl is going to replace Jeyne Westerling.

stupei

Regarding the botched beheading: [Cok/SOS]
Wasn't that Robb and the Karstarks?He needed two or three hacks of his sword or something?

Quoted from CoK:
As he knelt to the block, the kennelmaster said, "M'lord Eddard always did his own killings." Theon had to take the axe himself or look a weakling. His hands were sweating, so the shaft twisted in his grip as he swung and the first blow landed between Farlen's shoulders. It took three more cuts to hack through all that bone and muscle and sever the head from the body...

I thought I had just completely forgotten what happened in ACOK at this point to make Dany go to the Warlocks. Glad they changed it and that I don't have early onset Alzheimer's.

aceface

GOod episode but that scene with Littlefinger was bullshit, how on earth would he not know it was her? Dude as smart as Littlefinger would pick that up instantly.

Nice surprises for book readers at the end...but irri noooooooo....what about that scene from season 3??? Thats ok give it to Doreah lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
There's a lot different from the books, but the only thing that really bothers me is the possibility that (ASOS)
foreign girl is going to replace Jeyne Westerling.
Cast spoiler
She's not replacing her, she is her.

Magnus

I'm all for the reorganization of elements here. Spicing up Dany's story and economizing Theon/Rodrik's. Good times.

How did that hour go by so fucking quickly!

NewLib

Banned
Glad the Bastard of Dreadfort got a mention. He hasnt been cast to my knowledge so I dont know if he will appear this season though.

Magnus

GOod episode but that scene with Littlefinger was bullshit, how on earth would he not know it was her? Dude as smart as Littlefinger would pick that up instantly.

Who says he didn't recognize her? ;) I'll bet he knows, and is just going to sit on the knowledge till it's useful to him.

I can't recall at all what Petyr's story was in CoK. [COK]
Wasn't he just out of the picture for the whole thing?

It's like they got a True Blood director to handle that episode (not a compliment). Also, the show needs less Dany declaring how she'll take the iron throne with fire and blood. We get it already.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Nice surprises for book readers at the end...but irri noooooooo....what about that scene from season 3??? Thats ok give it to Doreah lol
Do you mean [ASoS]
when she finishes her off on the boat? I look forward to Doreah taking her place in that scene.

Really great episode. Mostly good changes, and they worked within the show universes. Not sure about stealing the Dragons. Seems a bit out there, but exciting cliff hanger I guess.

Content round up:

ibu8KMd4LSFqWG.jpg

Reviews:
- Sepinwall
- Televisionary
- WiC.net
- Westeros.org
- Maureen Ryan
- EW.com
- Onion A|V Club

HBO content:
- Inside the Episode for tonight's installment (HBO video player)
- Preview for next week's episode (please spoiler tag any discussion, HBO video player)

I'll do a refresh later tonight. Just a reminder: if it hasn't happened on the show yet, it should be in spoiler tags. Thanks!

jett

D-Member
Littlefinger has no idea that's Arya.

It's like they got a True Blood director to handle that episode (not a compliment). Also, the show needs less Dany declaring how she'll take the iron throne with fire and blood. We get it already.

TV Dany has been acting in a nonsensically aggressive manner this season, for some reason.

Who says he didn't recognize her? ;) I'll bet he knows, and is just going to sit on the knowledge till it's useful to him.

I can't recall at all what Petyr's story was in CoK. [COK]
Wasn't he just out of the picture for the whole thing?

Major ACOK.
He was working behind the scenes for essentially the entire book. I don't recall seeing him and learning what he was up to until after the Battle of the Blackwater when he brings Tyrell's and Tywin's armies to defeat Stannis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom