• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

- NY Magazine:Game of Thrones Cast In and Out of Character

Not too many surprises in here, but that's the first I've seen Varys (Conleth Hill) out of costume:

...good lord. Dare I say, they almost ALL look miles better in character than they do in real life? Even the ones like Arya covered in dirt? Holy shit. Aside from the ones playing Jaime and Shae, all of those actor photos are unbelievably terrible. Even the actress playing Cat looks like shit, lol.

...good lord. Dare I say, they almost ALL look miles better in character than they do in real life? Even the ones like Arya covered in dirt? Holy shit. Aside from the ones playing Jaime and Shae, all of those actor photos are unbelievably terrible. Even the actress playing Cat looks like shit, lol.

Lena Headey looks really attractive to me. she looks so much better without that ice cold, withering look she has on her face when she's in character.

... Thats what professional make up artists can do compared to doing your own :p

Personally though I would argue, the majority of the females look better in real life. The males, again, its all about make up, and they have professional work done to them on the show. They aren't using make up to make them prettier in those paparazzi/red carpet photos so it sort of makes sense.

Those wigs...why :(

bengraven

Lena Headey looks really attractive to me. she looks so much better without that ice cold, withering look she has on her face when she's in character.

As much as I'm not attracted to her as Cersei, her role as Gorgo in 300 will always be in my heart.

lena300poster.jpg

It was this role that made her my Cat.

All Book Spoilers
There's really no hope at all in the entire series to me.. every character of strong moral fiber is probably going to get axed.... the ones that haven't already... Martin will probably have some new character introduced in the final novel who wins all.. just a nice little fuck you to us fans. I'm all in with Jon Snow hoping he's not dead.

All Book Spoilers contd.
Jon Snow seems to be the ideal candidate witht he rumors that he is the Son of marriage between a Stark and a Targaryen. Seems like the ideal candidate that can unify more regions than any others.

fuck me for going to westeros wiki

How many of you are not going to watch the new episode live this Sunday because of the holiday weekend? (i.e. You normally watch right when it premieres, but you won't this week.) Just curious.

bengraven

I think everyone will remember her for that role.

If you catch my drift.

shegetsnaked

Drift be gotten.

And yes, that was a nice scene, but she was pretty much super hot in every scene.

How many of you are not going to watch the new episode live this Sunday because of the holiday weekend? (i.e. You normally watch right when it premieres, but you won't this week.) Just curious.

In fairness, I never watch it "live". My wife is going to bed about that time, then my kid soon after. So between getting my wife comfortably tucked in and my kid read to, glass of milk, read to again, good niiiiight, five minutes later "one more glass of milk daddy!", good niiiiight, "daddy, turn the fan up", good niiiight, it's already 45 minutes into the show.

If I turned to my wife and said "put the kid down, then put yourself down, I'm watching Game of Thrones" she would stare at me for five minutes before throwing something heavy at my face.

Massa

Did you skip the Carice van Houten comparison? You must have.

:p

I always watch it on HBO GO because I can watch it before 9 on the west coast.

I will do the same this week.

All Book Spoilers contd.
Jon Snow seems to be the ideal candidate witht he rumors that he is the Son of marriage between a Stark and a Targaryen. Seems like the ideal candidate that can unify more regions than any others.

fuck me for going to westeros wiki
man, I'm one of those people that didn't fully believe that theory but then I read the towerofthehand.com write up arguing it, and I'm fully convinced. And I love it. Hope it comes to fruition.

Wray

Watched Ep8 last night.

Regarding Oona. Dat Ass! Dos Boots! Dat Ass while wearing Dos Boots! MY GAWWWWDD.

Loved that they started setting up
Astapor
for next season too. Hopefully they are setting up
Barristan's reveal in Ep10 with reference to the ship Jorah secured.

Although I wouldnt be surprised if they change up
Dario's story and have him be the captain of that ship.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I never watch GoT live, but I'll watch it Monday morning like I always do. Holidays be damned! (that doesn't really answer your question though.)

More commenting on his audition rather than the content:
Holy crap. I love the "difference" between the two takes. how he doesn't change speech pattern or vocal intensity, and yet they both are different because of this change in intent.

I really liked that audition, it will be nice
to see Jaime getting taken down a peg or two. He's always so smug, he think's he's untouchable, the baddest dude in the room. It's not till you throw him into a situation with a psychopath like Hoat, who doesn't really give a fuck what his surname is, that you realize how vulnerable he is. It'll be amazing to see that on screen

Hearing about these auditions has me thinking that doing ASOS over two seasons is really going to give the show some room to breath. Hopefully they won't have to pick and choose their battles as much as they have had to for the second season. Could significantly improve the show if done right.

Wray

Nah, they are casting Daario right now for season 3. Along with the Titan's Bastard.

That's why I'm speculating that. Since we have confirmation that he's going to be in S3 and not pushed back to S4.

Also, great news on Vargo. He's one of my favorite characters. Totally stoked to see him on screen next season.

Hearing about these auditions has me thinking that doing ASOS over two seasons is really going to give the show some room to breath.

It totally will. It's going to leave lots of time to include some flashbacks and lots more exposition and world building. Plus give them time to build up some of the lesser/newer characters more with some added new scenes. If they were to adapt SoS in the same fashion they did CoK. With regards to pacing and such, they really would only need like 14-15 Episodes tops. And that's being generous. There's going to be LOTS of time to breath in S3 and S4 I think.

Kud Dukan

Hearing about these auditions has me thinking that doing ASOS over two seasons is really going to give the show some room to breath. Hopefully they won't have to pick and choose their battles as much as they have had to for the second season. Could significantly improve the show if done right.

Yeah, I agree. Splitting it over two seasons could end up being one of the best decisions the show has made so far.

Norton gave me a virus warning when I tried to click that "in and out of character" slideshow.

Step 1: Uninstall Norton. It's terrible.
Step 2: Microsoft Security Essentials is a good, free, and not invasive virus protection software.

Unrelated, but "We should sail there immediately" was one of the better lines in the series. Hilarious.

Tess3ract

Banned
Really?! [series]
i suppose it would be quite difficult contract wise for the actor to to have to leave and then come back in 2 season. Still this is a confusing to me. His transformations from reek back to Theon is the interesting arc, not the reverse. I mean, they can't just show him being horrifically tortured for 2 seasons. My purist senses are tingling! I suppose if Ramsey was the focus of the scenes they could get away with it, maybe they could tie him more into the red wedding.

What are you even arguing? The way they're doing it now is the way they did it in the book.

edit: Oh right, series spoiler
he takes a departure for 2 books.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So are they going to (series)
keep Alfie Allen around for the next couple of seasons and show his descent into Reek, or are they just going to bring him back in a few years?

series
As nice as it would be, I don't think there's any way Theon disappears for three seasons unless they recast him. People will be upset about it but they should probably get used to the idea now. There's just not really any way they can make that work without taking a huge gamble they'd lose him.

RaidenZR

series
As nice as it would be, I don't think there's any way Theon disappears for three seasons unless they recast him. People will be upset about it but they should probably get used to the idea now. There's just not really any way they can make that work without taking a huge gamble they'd lose him.

They could probably get away with [series]
using him for half of season 3 and dragging out interactions up north. Then not using him for the back half of season 3, maybe a tease or complete absence in season 4 to close out ASOS. Then bring him back in the fold for season 5 as a major character. They're going to have to mix-n-match scenes to produce a more fluid chronology of events for Season 4/AFFC-ADWD. They may also be radically deviating by that point in time, but if they stuck to the book, asking the actor to make story-purposed disappearance isn't without precedence.

- WiC.net: Saturday’s GoT Laughs: Image (p)imping

Is that Tyrion mural real? I've only seen that one picture of it.

- Film-book with some high res screen caps from last episode
- The HBO store is now selling a 24x36 version of the Westeros & Essos map

(ASOS)
THAPPIRETH!!
Kingsthlayer!
Not many people watch this show live do they lol.
I guess not.
I took a quick look last night, and ASoS is about 40% longer than AGoT whereas ACoK is about 20% longer that AGoT in terms of page count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom