• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
the guy who plays Jaime Lannister does a poor job of masking his Danish accent in Season 1. I didnt know what the hell he was when I first saw him, but now that I know where he's from, I hear that accent slipping out everywhere.
At least Melisandre's Dutch accent makes sense, since she's from Asshai.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Surprised and sad the guy didn't do one for Arya.
Maybe one day they'll get around to it. Here are all the ones they had in avatar form.

kbBlL.png
QHg9J.png
8NaOj.png
9ccnb.png
sZybi.png

Oh yeah, I remember that now. Sounds like they're making him a little younger than in the books(?)

Especially looking up that Northern Irish actor they mention auditioning for the role. MUCH younger than I was thinking.

edit: The Lamonster, my friend just suggested Michael Pitt. Would be SO perfect.

Yes, I'm basing it off of that and the casting breakdown in which they are looking for a 20-30 male who is "weird or extreme looking".

ETA: Plus, he's already been mentioned in the show, but hasn't been cast for S2, so it would follow that they would be casting the role for S3.

I always pictured a young Crispin Glover.

Like what?

There are events omitted and events changed, for worse, IMO. (CoK)

Weasel soup
Arya killing...anyone!
Jon scaling the mountain in Skirling
Lots of the interactions/conversations between Jon and vet rangers (he is mostly talked TO in the show)
Jon and Qhorin being pursued > Jon being an idiot and getting his black brothers captured
Bolton Bastard's betrayal (yet to be seen how they play this out, but Rodrik offering his arm to the Bastard only to have it chopped off...fucking NUTS)
Tywin/Arya scenes are great, but they don't lead to much--Arya becoming the ghost of Harrenhal/experiencing hardships would have done more for her character. These scenes made Tywin a lot more sympathetic and likeable in the show, and I don't know how they'll reconcile that against his later actions
Cat and Brienne's dinner (gave a lot of motivation behind her releasing Jaime)

And scenes that I HOPE they'll include:

Drogon saving Dany/burning the Undying Ones (who knows how they'll handle Pyat Pree)
Mandon Moore attempting to murder Tyrion (crazy, confusing, cool part of the book)
Tyrion fucking DESTROYING peeps during the battle (he'll probably just get knocked out again :-\ )
Edmure's battles/plans (omitted from the series)
Bran seeing Winterfell through Summer (the show has referred to these as just dreams, and not actual control over Summer)

Vyer

There are events omitted and events changed, for worse, IMO. (CoK)

Weasel soup
Arya killing...anyone!
Jon scaling the mountain in Skirling
Lots of the interactions/conversations between Jon and vet rangers (he is mostly talked TO in the show)
Jon and Qhorin being pursued > Jon being an idiot and getting his black brothers captured
Bolton Bastard's betrayal (yet to be seen how they play this out, but Rodrik offering his arm to the Bastard only to have it chopped off...fucking NUTS)
Tywin/Arya scenes are great, but they don't lead to much--Arya becoming the ghost of Harrenhal/experiencing hardships would have done more for her character. These scenes made Tywin a lot more sympathetic and likeable in the show, and I don't know how they'll reconcile that against his later actions
Cat and Brienne's dinner (gave a lot of motivation behind her releasing Jaime)

meh...save for one of those, i wouldn't really call those 'oh shit' moments.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
god damn Carice van Houten is so hot

Lothar

Banned
Some of the holy shit moments of the book don't feel like holy shit moments in the show for some reason.

The talk between Jaime and Catelyn was certainly a special holy shit moment in the book. In the show, it's just a few minutes long and doesn't compare. Plus since Catelyn hadn't yet learned about Bran and Rickon, it doesn't have the same emotional weight.

https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws...108;)2/A_Clash_of_Kings_split_061.html

I really recommend the non-book readers here to read this one chapter. If you only read one chapter from the entire book series, this is not a bad one. Reading it could only make you care more about the characters you see on the show.

Like what?

ACOK
Arya's time at Harenhel, Jon and the rangers being hunted through the wilderness, Jaime's break out attempt, the freeing of the Stark prisoners, Jaime's confrontation with Catelyn after she learns of her children's demise, The Ramsay betrayal, the sense of myth to Robb, etc. That's not including the stuff that will be in the show, such as Blackwater or the HOTU

Some of the holy shit moments of the book don't feel like holy shit moments in the show for some reason.

The talk between Jaime and Catelyn was certainly a special holy shit moment in the book. In the show, it's just a few minutes long and doesn't compare. Plus since Catelyn hadn't yet learned about Bran and Rickon, it doesn't have the same emotional weight.

https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws...108;)2/A_Clash_of_Kings_split_061.html

I really recommend the non-book readers here to read this one chapter. If you only read one chapter from the entire book series, this is not a bad one. Reading it could only make you care more about the characters you see on the show.

Yes! I am so puzzled why they changed this the way they did in the show. In the book, from the dinner to the dungeon, a clear picture is painted of a desperate, sorrowful mother who has lost too much and no longer feels the war is worth anymore of her children. Her opening up to Brienne so willingly (something she would probably not do under any other circumstances) and Brienne's response really help paint a picture of both their characters. In the show, she just wants her daughters back, which is something she's obviously wanted since they were first brought to King's Landing. No growth/change whatsoever.

god damn Carice van Houten is so hot

VYRLu.jpg

"What was that? I can't hear you over the sound of my perfect breasts."

tmdorsey

That's because the talk was broken up in the show. Part of it happen in the first season.

Entire series? Jeeze...I don't know. Some of my favs:

-Birth of the shadow assassin
-Robb interrogating Jaime w/Grey Wind
-Tywin/Arya's "anyone can be killed"
-Maester Aemon telling Jon Snow of his lineage
-Eddard's beheading
-Viserys's crowning

I'm sure I'm missing some.

frequency

My favourite scene in the whole series so far isn't very action-packed.
I'm not sure why it sticks with me as much as it does.

It's when Jon gave Arya Needle before leaving for the wall.

My favourite scene this season I think is Theon sitting in the dark room with the candle and the letter to Robb - which he decides to burn.

bengraven

If you've already read a "holy shit" moment, somehow I doubt you'll feel holy shit watching it again.

Or if you read the book second, also remember that people read things differently, at different speeds and different tones and different settings. Sometimes a scene that's "holy shit" to another person could be boring and etc.

For example, I like Sansa and Dany chapters.

AngryMoth

I actually think my favorite scene so far is Jaime/Brienne from the most recent episode. Other standouts are Will's execution, Tyrion's trial and Syrio's exit.

Lothar

Banned
The reason is pretty simple. The books are books, the show is a TV show.

No, the reason is simple, the moments are not done as well in the show for season 2. All of the holy shit moments from the first book indeed transferred over to being holy shit moments in Season 1.

the best scene was Tywin Lannister telling Jaime what was what.

almost all of Jaime's confrontations with either Ned (the dinner at Winterfell, the throne room, the battle in the streets) or Cat have been highlights and the scene with King Robert, Selmy and Jaime recalling their first kills is a standout too.

the best scene was Tywin Lannister telling Jaime what was what.

almost all of Jaime's confrontations with either Ned (the dinner at Winterfell, the throne room, the battle in the streets) or Cat have been highlights and the scene with King Robert, Selmy and Jaime recalling their first kills is a standout too.

I assume you're talking about show-specific scenes? I'd add the first Arya/Tywin scene too.

Oh oh oh! My favorite Michelle Fairley scene is definitely her Littlefinger visit/return of Ned's bones. She's amazing there.

Second is Tyrion's arrest, and third is her scene with Jaime (made good by their performances, not necessarily the scene itself).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom