• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

REV 09

somewhat excited for tonight's finale but overall season 2 hasn't been nearly as good as the first season for me. I've never read the books...is book 2 worse than some of the others?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
somewhat excited for tonight's finale but overall season 2 hasn't been nearly as good as the first season for me. I've never read the books...is book 2 worse than some of the others?

It's not worse per se, but some people definitely think it's more dull than the preceding and following books.

It's not as good as the first and third books, but the show has also provided a weak adaptation of book 2. They cut out a lot of good stuff.

frequency

I would rank the books

1 > 3 > 2 > 4

There are some good things in book 2, but it was weaker than book 1 to me. Unfortunately, the show decided not to do a lot of the good stories from book 2...

I haven't read ADWD yet.

Lothar

Banned

I think book 2 is better than the first. Problem with the season is A: the book is larger than the first so they had to rush through everything and cut out some of the best parts, and B: Unlike the book, the season has been mostly uneventful except for the Blackwater. This is because they've pushed things back to the finale and cut some major events out. Dany visiting the House of the Undying should have happened in Episode 7.

If you feel like reading,
This Catelyn chapter from the book where she frees Jaime is one of my favorite chapters in the book. It's nothing in the show.
https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws...108;)2/A_Clash_of_Kings_split_061.html

Thing is, if you didn't read the book you might have forgotten this. They did a crappy job with that and other character development outside of Tyrion, Arya and Joffrey IMO. Sorry but the, "don't let the fire come near me" line wasn't good enough..

Would it have hurt to have a forshawowing scene somewhere earlier this season that showed his aversion to fire? The show is good but little omissions like that really put a fly in the ointment :p

Well it's one of the situations were the show requires the viewer to be smart, be paying attention, and retain something for an episode a long time ago.

Can't wait for tonight's episode!

ezrarh

Well it's one of the situations were the show requires the viewer to be smart, be paying attention, and retain something for an episode a long time ago.

Can't wait for tonight's episode!

Also, his half his face is burnt. That might give you a clue. Hoping the finale turns out great!

Just finished season one. I understand why people like this but I would have loved actual vilain, instead of sissy bitches and winny kids taking down of entire honorable kinghts orders.

Also, boobs

I literally have no idea what this means. But anyway, this show has the most hateable villain on TV in years.

I literally have no idea what this means. But anyway, this show has the most hateable villain on TV in years.

If you're referring to Joffrey I have no idea how anyone could "hate" the character. He's utterly one dimensional and the acting is incredibly over the top and pompous [in a good way]. It just ensures everything he says and does is hilarious.

Saw this on my FB feed...

318073_10150932462974588_384507171_n.jpg

If you're referring to Joffrey I have no idea how anyone could "hate" the character. He's utterly one dimensional and the acting is incredibly over the top and pompous [in a good way]. It just ensures everything he says and does is hilarious.

He is not what is being talked about

I hope people are refering to Cresei...will be even more evident when...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Marathoning the entire season taught me two things.

1) The season is much stronger this way than it was week to week.
2) Dany's story is even weaker like this.

RPGCrazied

Time to cancel HBO after this. :) It went by so fast! I hope we don't have to wait to long for it to come back. At least 6 months I'm guessing.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Really? That long? That stinks!
Same wait we had between seasons 1 and 2. Just be glad they're not going the Sopranos route where it was about a year and a half between the starts of each season. Welcome to the joy of watching HBO shows as they're airing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom