• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

besada

Banned
Why though? Think about what happened in the books, did you really think they could recreate all that?

Not all of it, but they left out all the hints and prophecy. After the excellent job of interpreting the battle at King's Landing I'm disappointed in this interpretation.

That was a very... abridged Houses Of The Undying.

What else could it be?

Not all of it, but they left out all the hints and prophecy. After the excellent job of interpreting the battle at King's Landing I'm disappointed in this interpretation.
Those hints and prophecies wouldn't work very well in the show because they haven't given the context for those things. And they don't know what stuff they will actually include in future seasons, so it makes sense to leave that out.

If they showed the prophecy, it would be epic spoilers. Some clever non-book readers might figure stuff out and they might even confirm certain theories for book readers.

OMG that Others...That shit cray!!!

Tess3ract

Banned
What else could it be?

Those hints and prophecies wouldn't work very well in the show because they haven't given the context for those things. And they don't know what stuff they will actually include in future seasons, so it makes sense to leave that out.

Neither was anyone else when they read the books though??

Plasmid

That was an amazing ending to this season. I hate how long it's gonna take for next season but I'll use that time to read the books.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Seems like they supernaturalized the White Walker. They don't look as cool as I imagined but they're a huge upgrade to how they appeared in the beginning.

Loved it. Except the horse shitting scene. Really? I still have no idea why they put that in there.

Came off as showing the level of respect Tywin has for court

Amir0x

Banned
God man the Quorin/Jon story was the fucking worst change so far, even worse than Arya's story changes. I thought maybe they could salvage it but it just makes no fucking sense at all now. I don't get why they thought this was a superior alternative. It didn't even make good TV!

The House of the Undying was ok all things considered... I think a lot of the visions in the book would have seemed like spelling things out in tv form, so it's best they don't go crazy with foreshadowing.

The Jaqen face change was pretty well done. Although I am sad the actor appears to be gone, dude was seriously one of the best actors.

I lol'd so hard at Alfie Allen's horrible attempt at emoting when he was sitting down in the chair whining about being told how happy he should be to be a prisoner. He was much more effective during that speech, but you could see the amateur in him during the earlier scene. And LMFAO @ how they ended that. Boy, they made Theon into even a bigger bitch than he was in the books. The whole storyline played out like some sort of comedy play in one act.

The others were done seriously goddamn amazing, so no complaints there.

All in all, this is a 6/10 season. Some of the changes were seriously abysmal with no possible arguments as to why they are decent, since they weren't... at all. In fact most of them made for worse television, so truly the show runners must just like punishment.

P.S. Tyrion's face scar is definitely suitably ugly.

Lax Mike

Neo Member
After that episode, I feel like the whole world was flipped upside down. I mean, if Xaro Xhoan Daxos is not truly the richest man in Qarth, I don't know what to believe in anymore.

Decent ending to a mediocre ending. They fucked the pooch on Jon's storyline. Arya's too. Dany's storyline sucked too, but it wasn't necessarily worse than what was in the book. Except the house of the undying, that was the fucking house of disappointment. And haha Doreah fans, Irri was always better.

Enough bitching from me, there was some good. They did well with Theon's storyline, and I like Yara. Maester Luwin was the she shit, he will be missed. Jaime and Brienne were great. Everything else was decent enough.

Maybe with more time to adapt ASOS, things will go better next season.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Well that does it, time to hire an acting troupe to reenact all of A Storm of Swords. Cheaper alternative: Read the books. Plus, that eats up time until next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom