• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeDog

[Minor Ep2 character spoiler]
Damn, they nailed Salladhor, hah. Great dialogue from him, and I liked how he scared Davos' son.

Puddles

Banned
oh, neat, they're using Dubrovnik (Croatia) for King's Landing in season 2

beautiful historic city, it makes perfect sense

I've stood in some of the places where scenes were shot. It's perfect because it really does look like a castle right on the sea.

They can put this in their tourism video:

ihDopZra8bi9o.gif

New article from WiC on the money behind the show

The finances of Game of Thrones
http://winteriscoming.net/2012/04/the-finances-of-game-of-thrones/#more-15567

Including this tidbit on a certain battle:
The Blackwater episode, as the director puts it, “is pretty much one long battle, on a much bigger scale than anything in Centurion. I couldn’t believe the scale of production value I had. It was as big, if not bigger, than most features I’ve done: 400 extras, costumes, horses, stunts, fires… We had a full-size galleon to play with and a green-screen set that was doubling as several other ships, and we were setting that on fire and throwing people overboard. Then there’s a Saving Private Ryan-like beach battle, with all these guys getting shot to pieces, an attack on a castle.”

bengraven

Holy shit. Nothing like that has ever happened on a television show. Ever. Maybe in a documentary reenactment or miniseries, but not a fucking show. Can't wait for the non-readers to taste that.

Arment

Including this tidbit on a certain battle:

Sounds promising. No doubt that some people will still be disappointed. Sounds amazing though.

Basically if you buy HBO only for Game of Thrones, discounting all the other shows and movies, you're spending about $4.50 an episode. 10 episodes, 3 months.

Season 1 is up there. Are they just expecting me to subscribe via HBO and THEN purchase the episodes on iTunes later?

They expect you to subscribe if you want to see season 2 in the next 10-11 months (so they make $15/mo off you until you unsubscribe). Then they put out the DVDs / Blu-rays and put it up on iTunes.

Epix

They expect you to subscribe if you want to see season 2 in the next 10-11 months (so they make $15/mo off you until you unsubscribe). Then they put out the DVDs / Blu-rays and put it up on iTunes.

I thought the iTunes season pass thing worked in parallel with the shows airing on cable.

Riggs

Banned
Just finished clash of kings , most excellent. This thread is most excellent also. And the gifs will leave all who enter satisfied. Hail to the true king of the north, and fuck that little byatch Joffrey.

iTunes or Zune season passes give you the episodes as they air for network and basic cable TV shows, but not for premium cable shows.

Subitai

Premium cable means you pay for certain channels (like HBO) separately from the rest of your cable bill, which almost all completely goes to those channels, ex: like said HBO(s) - that's why there are no commercials. Putting it up on iTunes/Zune would undermine that revenue stream.

Man, cable must be really dying if kids don't know the difference between television tiers anymore.

Famassu

[Series Spoilers]
As you say, that's the point - she has a lot of support due to her Dragons and legacy, yet she's a poor leader that has consistently made bad decisions, in part due to her upbringing.
Full series spoilers continue
Eh? She's shown she has the elements to become a great leader and going from having absolutely nothing at the end of book 1 to ruling a city after 3 is not possible if you're a poor leader. If anything, she HAS shown she has a lot of wit. If anything, her only bigger flaw is being too soft & forgiving towards the wrong people when she should've acted tough and not have taken any BS from anyone, but the events ADWD drove that out of her, I'm sure. And I don't understand why she gets so much shit for having a thing for Daario. Plenty of other characters in the book series have acted like giddy idiots when they've fallen in love with the wrong people, starting from fan favorites like Jon, Robb, Tyrion & Jaime, yet suddenly because it's a teen girl it's somehow much worse.

rakhir

I love how non-violent the fall is yet he's a bloody mess when they drag him away.

Use the old Hitchcock trick of implied action.

Fucking amateurs working on this show sometimes I tell ya.
I guess he got pretty squished inside that can and he needed a second to start leaking out of it?

It looks ok in my opinion.

Full series spoilers continue
And I don't understand why she gets so much shit for having a thing for Daario. Plenty of other characters in the book series have acted like giddy idiots when they've fallen in love with the wrong people, starting from fan favorites like Jon, Robb, Tyrion & Jaime, yet suddenly because it's a teen girl it's somehow much worse.

Agreed.

Series Spoilers:
Her having a thing for a clown like Daario was lame but it wasn't this huge thing never before done in the series by a long shot. The parts with Jon acting like a retard over Ygritte made me want to punch him in the face.

Lirlond

I love how non-violent the fall is yet he's a bloody mess when they drag him away.

The armour will have kept all his bits in. If he fell like that without the armour you can guarantee his face would be smashed in (from the mace), and his arms or legs broken, the severe trauma from landing like that would be evident as well. But the armour keeps it all clean and inside. Till the blood pours out anyway.

gutshot

Hang on.
Just reading that WiC.net quote again:

Forgive me, but wasn't the situation that HBOGo would be streaming the episodes a week early? Not necessarily airing on HBO them? I hope HBO didn't pull some wordplay on WiC. lolz

Sorry, that was just my clumsy wording. HBO made it clear to me that no other territory would be showing the episodes before the US, either online or on air.

Retro

Dude, it looks like the Hound catches him clean in the face with a spiked Mace. Even through armor, that's gonna bloody him up. Hitting the ground was probably the least of his problems though I would imagine it certainly didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom