• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Also they don't seem to know what to do with Littlefinger, so enter Ros. I'd rather see Littlefinger interacting with major players instead of some new outlying character.

bengraven

The cliffhanger is new and I'm not sure how he's getting out of it, despite having read the series twice. So now non-readers and book readers have that in common.

aceface

RE the naked Mel scene: Thank you HBO, thank you. Also don't worry Stannis, it's asking a lot for any guy to last longer than 3 seconds in that situation much less a guy who hasn't his wife in years.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Episode felt really short, but then again, the show is moving at such a fast pace.

Tyrion scenes were good. Less Ros would have been nice.

I actually liked the Theon scenes.

Don't like that cliffhanger though. The preview for the next episode looks great though.

edit: Mel is boner worthy for sure.

When did they show a preview? If so where can I see a preview for next week's episode?

bengraven

Yara caused absolutely no growth in my pants. None. I was open to such a thing occurring, but she wasn't up to it.

It wasn't her, it was probably just the fingering part, which wasn't in the books.

And maybe some subconcious, repressed incest fetish.

Did that Melisandre and Stannis part even happen in the book? I do not remember it, but it has been a few years.

But yes, Melisandre hnnnnnnnngggg

Very vague, very implied. It was the same with Renly and Loras in that it was super vague in the books but all in your face in the show.

(I don't think this needs tags, does it? I'll add them if you guys want.).

aceface

Did that Melisandre and Stannis part even happen in the book? I do not remember it, but it has been a few years.

But yes, Melisandre hnnnnnnnngggg

Well in the book you knew it happened but Stannis is way more evasive about it. Hes like "yeah there was a lot of fire and stuff happened...I don't remember a lot of it" I think he's in denial because it's so dishonorable. Although I don't think his wifewouldhave minded. She's Mel's biggest fan.

ultron87

Makes sense for them to remind people that the Others are a thing right now. Also adding a cliff hanger is a nice idea for the start of this season which is kind of slow.

bengraven

Yes, it's implied in the books that he shared his bed with her, just out of duty.

Don't remember it said that he liked it. ;)

Makes sense for them to remind people that the Others are a thing right now. Also adding a cliff hanger is a nice idea for the start of this season which is kind of slow.

Right. In the books it's just said that Crastor gives his children to the Others. In the show, it makes more sense to show it because it reminds the audience that the threat is still there and that they're very real and not just "snarks and grumpkins".

BlueTsunami

Still sticking with the beast like looking others, unfortunately. Really hate that take on them. Also the cracking ice sound they make makes absolutely no sense considering how they physically look.

rififi

Good episode.

Show moves at breakneck pace, i'm still worried that non-book readers will struggle. Good thing we now have HBOGo and they can always rewatch episodes.

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm not having any trouble.
Especially as I did not have any expectations on how Asha/Yara was supposed to look like. Though the entire Greyjoy family is a bit of an eyesore for me.

Oh, and lol at going from alien breasts to belly rubbing a sister.

Pyke looks exactly as I imagined it (though I guess the books always were awesomely detailed/specific when describing locations such as that). So badass.

Kettch

Asha ended up a lot better than I expected after the pre-season look at her, she's quite plain looking still but fit the part well.

Also, regarding Mel and Stannis, I thought it was interesting that he sounded so reluctant around the whole Seven vs. Lord of Light thing (i.e., "I said the damn words!"). I always got the feeling he was a true believer in the book.

bengraven

Still sticking with the beast like looking others, unfortunately. Really hate that take on them. Also the cracking ice sound they make makes absolutely no sense considering how they physically look.

In all fairness, the transluscent elves from the books would be hard to do on even a high budget television show.

And the sound they make is straight from the books.

Also, regarding Mel and Stannis, I thought it was interesting that he sounded so reluctant around the whole Seven vs. Lord of Light thing (i.e., "I said the damn words!"). I always got the feeling he was a true believer in the book.

Nah, he only shows faith when he needs to pump up his people. Behind doors he's a man of honesty and no bullshit: he's not really the theist type. The book showed that. He gets annoyed a few times there as well or simply says nothing.

Puddles

Banned
So that whole Littlefinger spiel was a way of saying "If you cry in front of another customer, I'll give you to someone who likes to mutilate his whores before he fucks them"?

I know there was an ongoing argument, even after the Mel chapters in aDwD whether Stannis and Mel were fucking...we can put that to bed now lol

So tedious having to spoil every last detail. We just watched the scene but i have to spoiler who has a chapter in latter books?

LuchaShaq

Banned
It wasn't her, it was probably just the fingering part, which wasn't in the books.

And maybe some subconcious, repressed incest fetish.

I'm sorry but I don't think squeezing the bottom of a person's gut is fingering unless you count theon's thumb probably in her cavernous belly button.

BlueTsunami

In all fairness, the transluscent elves from the books would be hard to do on even a high budget television show.

And the sound they make is straight from the books.

I should have clarified that the sound makes no sense in the form they take on the show itself. But I agree about budget concerns and it being another big thing to worry about. I just wish they looked more ethereal and less like actual wildlings.

Dmax3901

RE the naked Mel scene: Thank you HBO, thank you. Also don't worry Stannis, it's asking a lot for any guy to last longer than 3 seconds in that situation much less a guy who hasn't his wife in years.

I know what you mean. I haven't my wife in years either.

Preview from next's week episode spoiler
So happy about the "Knights of Summer" dialogue making it into the show!

velvet_nitemare, spoiler tags please.

bengraven

So that whole Littlefinger spiel was a way of saying "If you cry in front of another customer, I'll give you to someone who likes to mutilate his whores before he fucks them"?

I don't remember a scene in the series when he was that straight up sinister. There's never a point where he's not smiling while saying a threat.

I should have clarified that the sound makes no sense in the form they take on the show itself. But I agree about budget concerns and it being another big thing to worry about. I just wish they looked more ethereal and less like actual wildlings.

I really hate to be THAT guy, but I agree with you that the show catered to people's preconceptions of evil demonic creatures. I don't think the average viewer would take them serious if they weren't straight up monsters.

Pkaz01

Disappointed that no one wants to mention the actual good scenes in that episode (Arya and Co., Tyrion and janos and the scene ruined by previews with varys).

It sucks enough to have to watch the stupid pointless sex brothel scenes but it double sucks to have to come and read about it for pages.

Preview spoilers
it looks like the fight with the gold cloaks will happen next episode I wonder how much screen time thatll get, also looking forward to Brienne.

Nah, he only shows faith when he needs to pump up his people. Behind doors he's a man of honesty and no bullshit: he's not really the theist type. The book showed that. He gets annoyed a few times there as well or simply says nothing.

Cool. I'll have to re-read. Thanks!

Cornballer, just to be 100% sure, this type of discussion (show character vs. book character) is cool outside of spoiler tags, yes? I'm being neurotic I know, just wanted to check.

Cloudy

Banned

Yup. Was not in the book though. However I thought it was pretty effective for a tv show.
He is not revealed to be ruthless until the 3rd book or so

I thought ep2 was much better that the first one. It wasn't all over the place as far as pacing but they still covered a lot of ground.

It's interesting how they streamlined a lot of stuff into this one ep. Pretty good job...

bengraven

So now everyone has seen the scene I have been hinting at all week.

Tyrion vs. Cersei when she talks about her mother. That's the scene where Lena won me over, after being one of her biggest detractors and harassing her constantly on this board.

That look he gives her while she's telling him how much she despises him for taking her mother away....chillls.

Fucking chillllllls.

bengraven

Can't wait to see Natalie Dormer
andhertits
next episode.

Also, Crastor is holding Long Claw...hm.

^^^ it was a mocking laugh really.

ezrarh

Tyrion vs. Cersei when she talks about her mother. That's the scene where Lena won me over, after being one of her biggest detractors and harassing her constantly on this board.

That look he gives her while she's telling him how much she despises him for taking her mother away....chillls.

Fucking chillllllls.

I thought that was a great scene. I was wondering how they'd get across how much Cersei hates Tyrion and that did the job.

Also, I like some of the lighthearted elements they've included in this episode. The series is pretty depressing so it's almost necessary they change the mood every once in a while.

scosher

I'll say this about Asha/Yara...she looks like Greyjoy's daughter. Someone more attractive would've looked way out of place in that environment.

With that said, still think she looks a bit too round to be Asha/Yara, when I expected her to be more lean and fierce.

aceface

I would have enjoyed a bit more teasing on the part of Yara on the horse. In the book she grabs his cock. Makes the sister reveal that much better.

I think she just wanted a tough, cocky chick.

The problem is, she's supposed to be lean and beautiful.

Granted, we haven't seen much of "Yara" yet, but the actor didn't even seem to act right to me. She seemed almost overly sedated or kind of zonked out. Thats going beyond her not really looking at all like Asha, which, her physical description always seemed like a big part of her character in the books- she's somebody thats generally good looking with a bit of a big nose but she's lean and could probably kick your ass.

I always pictured Asha as like a younger Claudia Black with shorter hair:
scaled.php

Fucking chillllllls.

Yeah, that was a great scene.

Also Yara, and the actress they got for her, while maybe not how she was described in the books, works very well for the show and I'm happy we have her.

Yara isn't the attractive vixen I pictured while reading, but she definitely looks attractive in her own way for the show. She looks like a hard woman who has kicked a lot of ass, which is fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom