• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yawn that was boring.

I kind of agree. We've been spoiled by the past 2 seasons having big game-changing final scenes, and this one was just sort of showing us something that we already knew.

aceface

That was the cheesiest ending scene.

C'mon, no (ASOS)
Shot of Mance's army
?

I also would have accepted (ASOS)
Lady Stoneheart

Calcium

Banned
Loved the finale. It was a little tame compared to the last episode, but I still enjoyed it. It's going to be a rough wait for season 4.

Zabka

A little sedate for a finale but not bad after the Red Wedding. Was hoping to see a few things from the books but I'll get over it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
You know what. Fuck Stannis.

DAVOS FOR KING!

136781861986.gif

jett

D-Member
I'm really fed up with how bitchmade TV Stannis is. He's just Melisandre's little bitch in this show, fuck this shit. I can't get behind this king Stannis.

That aside, another solid "comedown" finale for the show, which is starting to become tradition at this point. :p Tradition I imagine will be broken next season...maybe.

Oh and fuck the showrunners for showing Robbwind, I did not need to see that. :(

iammeiam

The finale seemed to have a bunch of divergences in it, which should make next year more unpredictable. I liked it aside from the final scene being kind of eh, really wish they'd gone the other route. But the GreyRobb bit was just as awful as horrible as it needed to be. Between that and then the Ramsay reveal the Boltons and Freys look scummy as fuck.

Isn't it kind of weird that [...ACOK? Show spoiler I guess?]
Balon Greyjoy is still alive?

[Series]
He dies not long after Robb in the books, so the time scales just about work.

Christ alone knows what they're doing with the Iron Islanders now, though. We can assume that Yara's just skipping her activity at the Kingsmoot and is just moving on out, but I'm not sure how much of that material they're actually going to keep. Damphair is an obvious cut, but maybe they go further and cut out Euron and just have Victarion for future plot?

methane47

100% not true. Great season that is equal to or better than S1.

Whole bunch of nothing. For 10 episode season things are moving wayyyy too slow. The two import things for this episode didn't deliver IMHO.

Reek was weak
Arya kill didn't have much weight

My gf slept through the epsisode and shes GOT fanatic.

dubq

Isn't it kind of weird that [...ACOK? Show spoiler I guess?]
Balon Greyjoy is still alive?
Why not? Delaying it until next season is great IMO. It was also great to actually see the actor again, since I think he does an amazing job in the role.

dubq

Whole bunch of nothing. For 10 episode season things are moving wayyyy too slow. The two import things for this episode didn't deliver IMHO.

Reek was weak
Arya kill didn't have much weight

My gf slept through the epsisode and shes GOT fanatic.
We get it. You can leave now.

aceface

It's called giving the character something to do so she isn't off TV for 2 years..

Does anyone really care that much about Yarrrrrra? (get it, she's a pirate) Whatever this is seems to be the biggest show invented plotline yet. But whatever, I'm down.

Burt

Great episode up until the flat ending. Robbwind looked much better than the preproduction shots showed. Glad we saw Arya finally get to really do her thing. Jaimie + Cersei and John + Ygritte were effective for how short their parts were. Tyrion, Tywin, Varys, Gendry, and Davos rocked every scene they were in. Actually found myself chuckling a decent bit throughout the episode, lots of great quips. Plus, Hooooodooorrrrrrrrrr.

And then useless Dany happened. Who thought it was a good idea to end on that? I didn't expect Series
Stoneheart
, but Series
Coldhands saving Bran et al them would've been a great tense moment leading into serious cliffhanger to end on.

This is some revisionist bullshit that I won't even bother addressing.

This is purely me spitballing and thinking like a TV writer but I think a lot of Stannis' development going forward (ADWD)
is going to be oriented around his interactions with Jon at Castle Black

SerRodrik

Comparatively quiet episode, but in a way that might be smart. There is absolutely no way they could have topped last week. Probably better to let the dust settle.

Also fun to see Arya shank a dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom