• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Even passage of time in the books is laugable. It's less than a year between Robert going to Winterfell to Ned's murder, to Rob's rebellion, and Jamie's capture.

298 was a crazy year.
Yep, and from [ASoS]
the PW
to the end of ADWD (essentially the next three seasons, give or take) all takes place in less than a year. I don't care if the show changes that though.

Snake

Whoa. Okay, so I saw the post about Michelle Fairley getting a role on Suits.

Now I just saw a commercial for Suits where I swear I saw Conleth Hill (Varys) . Stop enticing me to watch your shows, USA. It won't work!

Rokam

Whoa. Okay, so I saw the post about Michelle Fairley getting a role on Suits.

Now I just saw a commercial for Suits where I swear I saw Conleth Hill (Varys) . Stop enticing me to watch your shows, USA. It won't work!

Conleth was introduced last season, I'm assuming his role will be recurring this season.

Yeah I remember after I finished ADWD I saw that only about 2 years had passed in the first 5 books, which I found pretty damn ridiculous.

I have zero issue with the insinuation that more time passes in the show than it did in the books.

th3dude

Judging by the preview text on my DVR, are we expecting [ASoS]
the scene where Joffrey bites it at his wedding? I sure hope so. After the Red Wedding, I'm really excited to see this one.
Would make for a hell of a finale/cliffhanger.

Judging by the preview text on my DVR, are we expecting [ASoS]
the scene where Joffrey bites it at his wedding? I sure hope so. After the Red Wedding, I'm really excited to see this one.
Would make for a hell of a finale/cliffhanger.

No, won't happen tonight.

th3dude

No, won't happen tonight.

Yea, I supposed there is still much to set up for that. Still can't help but think that it would make for a great finale, TV-wise. [ASoS]
Would be really awesome for non-readers to see Joff bite it, would be a huge talking point going into next season.
I'm still holding hope!

Yea, I supposed there is still much to set up for that. Still can't help but think that it would make for a great finale, TV-wise. [ASoS]
Would be really awesome for non-readers to see Joff bite it, would be a huge talking point going into next season.
I'm still holding hope!

ASOS
It will also be awesome to see it early-mid in a season, should come out of nowhere.

---------------

I like the title to that Today article posted near the top of this page: On 'Game of Thrones,' you change or you (probably) die

th3dude

ASOS
It will also be awesome to see it early-mid in a season, should come out of nowhere.

Very true.

I misread the listing for tonight. It says [TV Listing for tonight/ASoS]
"Tywin is challenged by Joffrey" and I originally read it as "Tyrion is challenged by Joffrey."

Trasher

Do we even know if a year in ASoIaF world is the same as our years? Considering the whole seasons lasting years/decades deal, I wouldn't be surprised if a year there isn't necessarily 365 days.
That's what I always thought when I started reading the books. Makes sense for teenagers always being considered as "adults". I think Bran even says some things like how he's almost a man grown. Could just be him thinking that, but I'm not entirely sure he's wrong.

So are we getting
Lady Stoneheart tonight? I could see them ending it with the resurrection and cut to credits, would be a nice way to keep people pumped for next season.

So are we getting
Lady Stoneheart tonight? I could see them ending it with the resurrection and cut to credits, would be a nice way to keep people pumped for next season.

I hope not, but I expect it, not sure what else they could end on tbh? I'm not even sure what the 'meat' of this episode will be!

TCRS

Banned

Ramirez

It's been a long ass time since I've read the books, but isn't
Stoneheart at the very end of SoS? Why not end with the reveal of Coldhands instead?

Randdalf

Stoneheart at the very end of SoS? Why not end with the reveal of Coldhands instead?

Actually
there's a character (Arya?) who has a dream/vision of Beric bringing her back to life shortly after the Red Wedding

Stoneheart is revealed at the end of SoS, but her resurrection happens not long after the Red Wedding. Ripe for a bit of Theon-style expansion on the books. It'd probably have more impact on the audience than Coldhands would, too.

Randdalf

Damn, I don't remember that, at all. I need to re-read them.

Just found the wiki page for it
"Through her warg bond with Nymeria, Arya finds Catelyn Stark's body in a river. She drags her to the shore and tries to wake her, but realizes she is dead." Maybe we'll see Arya unveiled as a warg too?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

that's kind of my hope, but then, is his appearance "high/worthy enough" to finish out a season. Season ending moments have been "large" affairs. At this point, not alot will fit, besides the PW, which is too soon. Really think the "Mysha" means something more than just the Mother of Dragons. There are only 2 Mothers that mean anything in the show, and Cersei doesn't have anything going on big enough to end the season...

Just found the wiki page for it
"Through her warg bond with Nymeria, Arya finds Catelyn Stark's body in a river. She drags her to the shore and tries to wake her, but realizes she is dead." Maybe we'll see Arya unveiled as a warg too?

My Guess is:
That while she's unconscious from The Hound's hit last episode, she'll do the Warg bit.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

ASOS
I think having the resurrection of Cat now fits with the whole Mhysa/Mother theme of the episode.

Actually
there's a character (Arya?) who has a dream/vision of Beric bringing her back to life shortly after the Red Wedding

ASOS
Yeah, Arya is warged into Nymeria when she drags Catelyn's body out of the river and tries to wake her up. That's when she sees the BWB riding towards her.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
That previously on.. was missing something....

ASOS
No Brotherhood clips. Makes me think they're NOT revealing stoneheart tonight.

Violater

HODORRRRRR

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Lol where is the blackfish.

Imagine that, a leaked production still was in no way indicative of the final scene. Robb Wind looked awesome/horrifying.

Loved how it was trussed up on the pole like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom