• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
they will recast gregor for sure, there is no reason at all to keep the season 2 "mountain", but either way, his moments in season 4 will lose a lot of weight after all that recasting. its a shame, he was among my favourits side characters.

btw. has mace tyrell alread be mentioned? may the rename him because his name sounds similiare to mance?

Mace was mentioned by George as being cast, also they've already mentioned him by name in the show.

reddit - "Showed my dad pictures of GoT characters and asked him their names"

http://imgur.com/a/11bIw

EG003wc.jpg
92faKFq.jpg
p3SS4mU.jpg

YV6k4F1.jpg
GjhNN37.jpg
0MzlsC2.jpg

wh2kDue.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Borak Hogar sounds like an actual name.

Season 3 as Infographics

-----------------

Also, some food for thought here, but I was looking at the supporting actor category for the Emmys.

-Of the six noms last year, three won't be returning (two aren't on their shows anymore, one wasn't submitted this year)
-That leaves Aaron Paul, Peter Dinklage, and Jim Carter (Downton Abbey)
-Reading around, there isn't much buzz for another Carter nom (not that it couldn't happen), but Paul and Dinklage seem like shoe-ins.
-That leaves four spots up for the competition, as always the field is crazy competitive, but I don't think it's insane to think that Nikolaj has a decent shot at a nomination alongside Peter.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Season 3 as Infographics

-----------------

Also, some food for thought here, but I was looking at the supporting actor category for the Emmys.

-Of the six noms last year, three won't be returning (two aren't on their shows anymore, one wasn't submitted this year)
-That leaves Aaron Paul, Peter Dinklage, and Jim Carter (Downton Abbey)
-Reading around, there isn't much buzz for another Carter nom (not that it couldn't happen), but Paul and Dinklage seem like shoe-ins.
-That leaves four spots up for the competition, as always the field is crazy competitive, but I don't it's insane to think that Nikolaj has a decent shot at a nomination alongside Peter.

a_560x0.png

Spat my drink out.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
While I understand why they do the "no flashbacks" thing, I am slightly disappointed that we'll never get to see Stannis and Robert in a scene together. I like their actors.

Personally I thought that was one of the worst episodes of the show, which is pretty much the same thing I thought about last season's finale. It had a few nice moments but overall I'm just baffled at how listless and anti-climactic it was. HBO tends to use finales for pure set up, but I feel like this episode could have featured a rather "big" event without losing much of anything from the other stories. I'm referring to

ASOS
the initial widling skirmish attack on the Wall. It would have given the episode more of an emotional thrust with the death of Ygritte, and also set up for the bigger battle next season.
Instead the episode attempted to close every single story, no matter how thin, and it just felt weak. With all 10 episodes complete you can look at a couple arcs and realize just how stretched they were.

Last year I made quite a fuss about certain Arya changes, and I feel like the finale validated that. That scene just felt inconsequential and anti-climatic to me; it also happened so quickly I really didn't feel it made an impact. I'm not a book purist, but I often ask how big changes compare to what happened in the book; is anyone going to argue what we got was better than the Tickler scene from the book, which is one of the best moments in the entire series? I'm sure something interesting could have been done without the Tickler...but ultimately the chosen scene was bad IMO.

Same applies to the Davos stuff, and the continued butcher of Stannis Baratheon. First with Davos: his monologue to Gendry felt completely unnecessary/repetitive, and another case of the writers simply giving material to actors; as Elio Garcia said in his review: the actors are there to serve the story, not vice versa. This isn't just a D&D thing either. George Martin's episode featured a puzzling Osha monologue thats only purpose was to give the actress a monologue; Martin has said multiple times that he loves her performance, and even plans on it influencing how he writes the character in later books.

Overall I felt this was one of the worst written episodes of the series. Oh well, next season will feature some awesome stuff (although I do wonder how much stuff will they stretch this time). Seems like they're making some pretty big changes to the Greyjoy story which will be interesting, but I wonder if viewers will give a shit about any of that.

Snake

Last year I made quite a fuss about certain Arya changes, and I feel like the finale validated that. That scene just felt inconsequential and anti-climatic to me; it also happened so quickly I really didn't feel it made an impact. I'm not a book purist, but I often ask how big changes compare to what happened in the book; is anyone going to argue what we got was better than the Tickler scene from the book, which is one of the best moments in the entire series? I'm sure something interesting could have been done without the Tickler...but ultimately the chosen scene was bad IMO.

I don't see how this scene was a replacement for that. More like a replacement for the book version of how Arya left Harrenhal + some Frey vengeance.

[ASOS]
I still expect a version of the Tickler material to happen next season (maybe with Polliver?), because what else is Arya going to do with The Hound? It leads right into his "death."

TCRS

Banned
Finally watched the last episode.

Gosh I hate how they've ruined Stannis! It's so frustrating, he's such a wimp.

And the last scene with Dany was also rather cringeworthy.

The first part was great though. Arya seeing RobbWind... :/ Another punch to the gut. What was the twitter reaction to that? The Red Wedding is seriously one of the saddest things written. Gives me the feels everytime.

Kings Landing scenes were great, especially with all the Lannisters. Jaime finally made it back (does he in the book? I don't remember tbh).

The scenes at the wall were pretty good too.

Overall nice mellow finale to a bombastic season I think.

And now the wait begins.

Other thread awesomeness:

Series spoilers:
It would be pretty funny after the guy in Harrenhal told Jaime to; 'go buy a golden hand and fuck yourself with it', Jaime actually got a solid gold pimp hand.

Nice.

Vashetti

Banned
Hey guys, non-book reader here, just popping in to ask a question.

There was one thing I was spoiled on that I was expecting to see in the season finale.

ASOS (?)
Where was the Lady Stoneheart reveal? Are they saving that for Season 4 or has that plotline been dropped?

I've heard that Michelle Fairley has signed up to another movie/TV show (unsure).

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hey guys, non-book reader here, just popping in to ask a question.

There was one thing I was spoiled on that I was expecting to see in the season finale.

ASOS (?)
Where was the Lady Stoneheart reveal? Are they saving that for Season 4 or has that plotline been dropped?

I've heard that Michelle Fairley has signed up to another movie/TV show (unsure).

Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom