• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Does anyone else find it extremely difficult to keep up with these Game of Thrones threads? I guess things will slow down now that the season is over, but when the season is running, the thread(s) moves so fast that I find it hard to participate in the discussion.

The GoT threads are quite active, but it's nothing compared to big news threads on the gaming side recently. That's where you really see how big gaf has become.

Moff

This was definitely not a great finale

apart fom the many missed opportunities for great cliffhangers and other great moments, my biggest personal letdown was the tywin/joffrey scene, I definitely expected more there.
really bad was also jaimes return, I think thats really something people wanted to see, how will cersei, tywin and tyrion react when they see the stump?
at least thats something I was really eager to see when I read the book.
and now, nothing. I dont feel that was a good season cliffhanger for jaime.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I watched the finale again - I thought that perhaps a rewatch would change my opinion of the episode. I did like it better the second time, but I still felt like it could have been handled better.

The Dany scene at the end felt too distant from the last Dany scene from the previous episode. I feel like it would have been more satisfying if Episode 9 had still left the conquest of Yunkai unresolved and precarious - and then in Episode 10 we can see Dany's victory which could then transition into a scene with the freshly "liberated" slaves making their decision about her. It might have given the scene a little more tension since the battle is still fresh and there would be more ambiguity on whether or not she's actually safe.

The end shot, while beautiful and somewhat emotional, still has a cheesy sort of feeling to it, and it also feels like it wasn't earned with enough blood and sweat. It came off as too easy a victory.

ASOS
I don't really like how they give so much exposition now into Stannis' decision to go to The Wall. It's supposed to be a surprise, and I think they gave too much of it away. I also didn't really like how Stannis came off as weak-willed and not having strength of conviction. I didn't get the sense that he really believed in the concept of protecting the kingdom in order to rule the kingdom. It was more like he's being Mel's yes man. I wanted his arc to come to this revelation and grow his character - not just have Mel order him to because she said so.

Plus, I'm not sure what implications for the timeline Jamie's early return has. It seems like it would make the sex on Joffery's coffin thing a lot harder to do, since the passion of the moment isn't as strong.

Moff

ASOS
I don't really like how they give so much exposition now into Stannis' decision to go to The Wall. It's supposed to be a surprise, and I think they gave too much of it away.

that entirely depends on how they will deal with this in the next season, stannis attack will probably be episode 9 and the watchers will have long forgotten what they saw in S02E10. I dont think they gave away too much, it was ok. but I agree that they definitely made stannis melisandres servant in the show, and entirely on purpose. he even has to laugh himself as he changes his command twice according to melisandres request

Lol at Sibel Kekilli getting nominated. The actress is great, I've seen two of her movies, but she has hardly any scenes and her material in GOT is crap. All she gets to do is complain to Tyrion and say 'I'm Shae da funny whore' every now and then.

If one of the actors should win then Michelle Fairley, she had the hardest scenes and she nailed them completely. I'm a big fan of Emilia Clarke as Dany too and think that she was phenomenal in her scenes at Astapor, but she had hardly anything to do after that.

Lena Heady had only a few scenes as well and I think she's the biggest miscast among the main characters and shouldn't win any awards for that reason alone. She has like one facial expression where she looks constipated with one eyebrow raised and her head nodded to the side, it's really distracting whenever she is on screen.

Mario007

Lol at Sibel Kekilli getting nominated. The actress is great, I've seen two of her movies, but she has hardly any scenes and her material in GOT is crap. All she gets to do is complain to Tyrion and say 'I'm Shae da funny whore' every now and then.

If one of the actors should win then Michelle Fairley, she had the hardest scenes and she nailed them completely. I'm a big fan of Emilia Clarke as Dany too and think that she was phenomenal in her scenes at Astapor, but she had hardly anything to do after that.

Lena Heady had only a few scenes as well and I think she's the biggest miscast among the main characters and shouldn't win any awards for that reason alone. She has like one facial expression where she looks constipated with one eyebrow raised and her head nodded to the side, it's really distracting whenever she is on screen.
Lena plays an excellent bitch which is everything Cersei really needs to be. I haven't read the books, but Cersei's character as potrayed by Lena feels just fine. It'll be interesting to see her in scenes with Jamie now.

Moff

I think Fairley deserved it the most this season, she did a remarkable job, mostly at the red wedding but there were other great moments too.
but I doubt he role is big enough to make an emmy, or even a nomination possible

Chuckie

Lena plays an excellent bitch which is everything Cersei really needs to be. I haven't read the books, but Cersei's character as potrayed by Lena feels just fine. It'll be interesting to see her in scenes with Jamie now.

Cersei is a truely ruthless psychopathic cunt. I don't get that vibe enough from Lena. Not sure if it is the script or her, but she is still not really doing it for me.

Ratrat

Well no kidding! Btw neither has she, so I don't blame her. It's her interpretation of what the writers/script tell her and she seems very passionate about the character.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
What sucks is that the off-season is gonna be pretty boring because there's very little casting info to look forward to. Only Oberyn really.

dubq

What sucks is that the off-season is gonna be pretty boring because there's very little casting info to look forward. Only Oberyn really.

Also Mace & Styr, plus any other characters they decide to draw in from the AFFC/ADWD arcs that are being bumped up a bit.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
What sucks is that the off-season is gonna be pretty boring because there's very little casting info to look forward. Only Oberyn really.

I can see some recasting...

ASOS
With them not showing Peter at the Vale at all, I can see them recasting Lysa, and I'd be shocked if Robery Aryyn isn't recast.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can see some recasting...

ASOS
With them not showing Peter at the Vale at all, I can see them recasting Lysa, and I'd be shocked if Robery Aryyn isn't recast.

ASOS
I don't see them recasting Lysa, but nobody would remember errrr "Robin."

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
As far as the Emmys I'd love to see NCW get a nomination and Dinklage get another as much as the next fan, but it's all moot really. If Mads Mikkelsen doesn't win it'll be an abomination.

ASOS
I don't see them recasting Lysa, but nobody would remember errrr "Robin."

That's kind of the cool thing about this show, they should be able to get certain actors back because they have a good idea of when they'll be needed so scheduling conflicts shouldn't happen. So in theory, the Actors should be free, or it should've been stipulated in their initial contract.

Most of the awesomeness of ASOS is in the 2nd half.

The RW is just the event that kick starts the 2nd half. So much more goodness to come

Purple Wedding
Stannis! Stannis!
Is there gold in the Village?
ELIA!
SNOW. SNOW.
"I am you writ small."
"I am stronger within the walls of Winterfell."
"Only Cat."
"You have no witness!" "You're wrong"

So much awesome.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
If they keep NotMountain, I hope they'll at least [SoS]
put him in the heaviest, bulkiest armor and keep his helmet on at all times during the Oberyn fight. Whatever's necessary to create the illusion he's facing The Mountain here.

It would be awesome if they could get Stevens back :( I was rewatching the s1 duel with Sandor and that was such a badass scene. SWORD!

Yeah, I kept waiting for an Eyrie scene in the last episode, but it never came. I thought I had even scene Lysa in a preview for the season, but maybe not.

They start outlining and writing the next season prior to final cuts of the current season, so it may have been cut for season 4 reasons. Hinds also mentioned filming a reaction shot for a later episode after he filmed his 3 eps this year and that never appeared.

Speaking of Hinds ASOS
Like Stannis in Blackwater, we'll probably get to see Mance's perspective during the attack, that should be pretty sweet.

They start outlining and writing the next season prior to final cuts of the current season, so it may have been cut for season 4 reasons. Hinds also mentioned filming a reaction shot for a later episode after he filmed his 3 eps this year and that never appeared.

Speaking of Hinds ASOS
Like Stannis in Blackwater, we'll probably get to see Mance's perspective during the attack, that should be pretty sweet.

ASOS
I hope so. Hinds was criminally underused in season 3 so anything they may add for him would greatly be appreciated.

Y2zvZvJ.jpg

Content Roundup: Mhysa

Reviews and Recaps:
AV Club (for experts)
AV Club (for newbies)
Sepinwall (Hitflix) Review
IGN Review
Huffington Post Recap
WiC.net Recap (book spoilers)
WiC.net Recap (newbie recap)
Grantland Recap
TIME Review
Rolling Stone Recap
EW Recap
The Hollywood Reporter Recap

Interviews and Miscellaneous:
Season 3 Emmy Submissions
Twitter Recap
Huffington Posts's end of season power rankings
Iwan Rheon talks Ramsay Snow
Tim Goodman on Game of Thrones Deaths
Charles Dance on Tywin masterminding the Red Wedding
Season 3 of Game of Thrones second most popular HBO season ever

HBO Content:
Inside the Episode

The post can be found in the OP (along with content roundup's for all the episodes).

Moff

they will recast gregor for sure, there is no reason at all to keep the season 2 "mountain", but either way, his moments in season 4 will lose a lot of weight after all that recasting. its a shame, he was among my favourits side characters.

btw. has mace tyrell alread be mentioned? may the rename him because his name sounds similiare to mance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom