• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Cologne 2009 - The Thread

Kibbles

Ogs said:
I believe someone found out from that ratings site that The Lost & The Damned will be shown for PC too.
All I could find on GTA that's recent below. Maybe he/you meant Chinatown Wars PC.

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (gamescom-Trailer)
Freigegeben ab 12 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG Publisher: Take - Two Interactive GmbH
Altersfreigabe: Freigegeben ab 12 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG
Prüfdatum: 28.07.2009 USK Nr.: 25401/09
Sprache: deutsch System: PC
Genre: Trailer Untergenre:

Grand Theft Auto - The Trilogy
keine Jugendfreigabe gemäß § 14 JuSchG Publisher: Take -Two Interactive GmbH
Altersfreigabe: keine Jugendfreigabe gemäß § 14 JuSchG
Prüfdatum: 22.07.2009 USK Nr.: 25274/09
Sprache: deutsch System: Sony-Playstation 2
Genre: Spielesammlung Untergenre:

Grand Theft Auto - The Trilogy
keine Jugendfreigabe gemäß § 14 JuSchG Publisher: Take -Two Interactive GmbH
Altersfreigabe: keine Jugendfreigabe gemäß § 14 JuSchG
Prüfdatum: 14.07.2009 USK Nr.: 25175/09
Sprache: deutsch System: PC
Genre: Spielesammlung Untergenre:

Kibbles

Ogs said:
Ah yes, I found them. It was GTA, not Grand Theft Auto. I can't search by publisher because Take Two is spelled different in almost every vid, :lol It says Xbox 360 though, not PS3 or PC. That must've been shopped, same usk nr.'s too. Although, it's odd tehy would have trailers for an old DLC pack. Did TLAD get released for the UK yet?

GTA 4: The Lost and Damned Tr. 2 (gamescom-Trailer)
Freigegeben ab 16 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG Publisher: Take - Two Interactive GmbH
Altersfreigabe: Freigegeben ab 16 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG
Prüfdatum: 29.07.2009 USK Nr.: 25404/09
Sprache: deutsch System: Microsoft XBOX 360
GTA 4: The Lost and Damned Tr.1 (gamescom-Trailer)
Freigegeben ab 16 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG Publisher: Take - Two Interactive GmbH
Altersfreigabe: Freigegeben ab 16 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG
Prüfdatum: 29.07.2009 USK Nr.: 25403/09
Sprache: deutsch System: Microsoft XBOX 360

Kibbles said:
Ah yes, I found them. It was GTA, not Grand Theft Auto. I can't search by publisher because Take Two is spelled different in almost every vid, :lol It says Xbox 360 though, not PS3 or PC. That must've been shopped, same usk nr.'s too. Although, it's odd tehy would have trailers for an old DLC pack. Did TLAD get released for the UK yet?

Yeah its been out for quite awhile. Pretty sure they announced GTA 4 PC at the last Gamescom, so it would make sense to announce the DLC here. Just have to wait and see :).

You can search the USK rating website by platform, sorted by the date the rating occurred.
http://www.usk.de/cont3.php?title=&publisher=&genre=0&system=Sony-Playstation+3&freigabe=0&s=search&s.x=45&s.y=8&s=search

but don't expect megaton surprises, I think the entries show up a few days after the rating-process and I'm pretty sure publishers can ask to hold back the entries. Besides, AFAIK that's only the stuff public visitors get to see (i.e. stuff of the conferences don't have to get rated, correct me If I'm wrong).
There are not even all the released games on there and I don't know why (like Fat princess, BF1943 etc.)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Crysis 2 trailers, New PSN Title, interested in the Split Fish

Hopefully lots of news behind Crysis 2 tech.

offshore said:
I can see Sony getting blown out the water by something.

A lot of people were saying Sony were going to have the biggest E3, only to get blown out the water by Natal.

Nobody is even talking about Natal anymore. Every single game shown at E3 will probably be out before that is.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Does MS have a press conference at all?

Edit: Nvm, read OP.

Hm, I hope Lionhead's not the only one from MS's camp to be showing off/announcing new goodies.

Domino Theory said:
Hm, I hope Lionhead's not the only one from MS's camp to be showing off/announcing new goodies.

Molyneux is European Creative Director for the studios there, so he could talk about Rare games too.

pswii60

Domino Theory said:
Does MS have a press conference at all?

Edit: Nvm, read OP.

It's a joint conference so it'll be a bit of both. I should imagine they'll be wanting to talk about their Sky & Canal+ deals and other Europe-centric stuff.

I'm not sure the GMT in the op is right

18:30 – 20:30 CET (16:30– 18:30 GMT, 9:30-11:30 PDT, 12:30-14:30 EDT) Sony Computer Entertainment

????

pswii60

NinjaFusion said:
I'm not sure the GMT in the op is right

18:30 – 20:30 CET (16:30– 18:30 GMT, 9:30-11:30 PDT, 12:30-14:30 EDT) Sony Computer Entertainment

????
It's right. 18:30 CET, 17:30 BST, 16:30 GMT.

El-Suave said:
Do we know what kind of game "Dead Nations" is (apparently from Sony)? I was checking out the German Eurogamer site for Gamescom info (the British site seemingly only pushes their own expo) and there they list "Dead Nations" along with other first party games for their Sony appointment. It's the first time I've heard about that game.
http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/eurogamer-auf-der-gamescom

mhhh, interesting find

[...]
Wednesday:
[...]
Sony: Gran Turismo PSP, Dead Nations, Eye Pet, Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, MAG, Modnation Racers, God of War III (at the booth)
[...]

google seems to find no corresponding product at all.

Kinan

pswii60 said:
It's right. 18:30 CET, 17:30 BST, 16:30 GMT.

Looks like conference will not start before 19:00 though. Not sure if I should change the OP, last half an hour before will be oh so fun. :p

Dead Nations

Heh, looks like Eurogamer just spoiled the name of new Sony game announcement at Gamescom.

Hausmeister

Neo Member
EVIL said:
So, nothing known about if Left 4 Dead 2 will be playable there?

No... Valve's explanation: they showed it in London to journalists just a few weeks ago, so no benefits showing it at gamescom. Yeah, right.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dead Nations is a badass name.
How much until the expo begins?

El-Suave said:
Do we know what kind of game "Dead Nations" is (apparently from Sony)? I was checking out the German Eurogamer site for Gamescom info (the British site seemingly only pushes their own expo) and there they list "Dead Nations" along with other first party games for their Sony appointment. It's the first time I've heard about that game.
http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/eurogamer-auf-der-gamescom

I'd love it to be a new PS3 first party title, but it'll probably end up being a PSN title. Hopefully I'm wrong.

EVIL

Hausmeister said:
No... Valve's explanation: they showed it in London to journalists just a few weeks ago, so no benefits showing it at gamescom. Yeah, right.
._. hmm.. ooooke, anyway, I'll be there from 20-23th of august.

Busty

Banned
BeeDog said:
If Dead Nations is something, I bet it's just another PSN title. Love to be proved wrong though.

I have a feeling (hope) that Sony might unveil one of their larger 'AAA' or disc based games from a European studio at this conference. If they do and it's not due until next year there really isn't any point in it getting a rating etc.

I'll warrant that this Dead Nations title might just be a PSN title. But we'll see son enough.

The time zone is actually CEST (Central European Summer Time), which is GMT+2. CET is GMT +1. Same as the difference between EDT and EST, but it might be confusing some people.

Should be an interesting week. CCP, the guys who make EVE Online, are planning to announce their latest project (not World of Darkness) on Tuesday, rumored to be some sort of console game named Dust 514. Knowing how much attention to detail they put into EVE it'll be interesting to see what will happen if they set their sights on the console market.

Moobabe

Busty said:
I have a feeling (hope) that Sony might unveil one of their larger 'AAA' or disc based games from a European studio at this conference. If they do and it's not due until next year there really isn't any point in it getting a rating etc.

I'll warrant that this Dead Nations title might just be a PSN title. But we'll see son enough.

I hope that your feeling is based in some fact; I'd love to see what sony's european studios have been doing.

Tonza

Moobabe said:
Maybe Housemarque's new game?

This could be. Pelaaja had as a preview for next months magazine a completely black page with "Dead Nation" written in very small print in the middle. I thought it would be about Left 4 Dead 2 but I guess not. And as you know Housemarque is a Finnish developer so I guess it would make sense to be on a Finnish magazine.

Top Bottom