• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot's Fable review...

AniHawk

open_mouth_ said:
From the sound of the review, it sounds more like a 9.0 instead of an 8.6, but I guess Gamespot is going more for the "use the full score spectrum" strategy while IGN usually uses the 5.0 to 10.0 range.

I thought Gamespot uses a mathmatical system for its reviews though.

Read the review... sounds like a fun game. Gonna have to hold off until October though like the rest of this month's games...

Solid

Lil' Dice said:
If you rated a girl an 8.6, would she NOT be fine a fuck??
lolz true! :D

8.6 is a very good score. Maybe not as high as some people wanted it but still worth picking up at release if you're interested in it. Hell people buy Star Ocean 3 despite the 7.9 it got.

Chrono

Banned
heh, I guess I might not get an xbox this year. It's a great game but definitely not the killer-app people wanted/hyped it to be. I'll probably wait until $99 bundles are available or something close. :p

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
indeed, fable received a 9 in XBN. and it's damn worthy of that score too. haven't had this much fun with an action RPG in years. y'all soon see why.

Subitai

chespace said:
indeed, fable received a 9 in XBN. and it's damn worthy of that score too. haven't had this much fun with an action RPG in years. y'all soon see why.
The point is it didn't live up to its hype. The things they couldn't deliver on have detracted on the overall quality.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
the point is to who?

the point is by all acounts its a good to great RPG that is worthy of buying.

AniHawk

GashPrex said:
the point is to who?

Probably Xbox fans if this game came out like it is now in 2002.

I think expectations were gradually lowered from "The best game of all-time past, present, and future" to "gonna be a great RPG" though.

People still were pissed off at the 8 in GMR. I checked out the GameFAQs Xbox board, and they don't seem upset over the 8.6 score though (which doesn't stop them from bashing Kasavin).

Top Bottom