• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Black Friday ad revealed

Toki767

Not the biggest fan of white. I'd rather have a black one. I might pick up the target bundle and buy AC separately. I like the lego games.

Warning though, Lego Batman 2 on the Vita is more akin to the 3DS game than the PS3/360 version. There's no open world.

Nintendo claims their focus this holiday season is the 3DS. I'm not seeing that reflected in the Black Friday sales.

I think they just plan on selling the 3DS with downloadable Super Mario 3D Land so they can make the most money possible without paying extra for physical copies of the game.

raven777

well Best Buy has it for $20 off this week

also Kingdom Hearts 3DS will be $15 there on Black Friday (I'm hoping Amazon price matches)

do you know when this deal ends? ($20 off 3DS XL) Is it the whole week until sunday? or is there chance that it will just sell out?

I only have $30 after WiiU stuff.

:(

Lots of good deals there. Do they sell out for these games fast on BF? I know Walmart has crazy people going for their sales but dunno how crazy GS BF gets. WM has 3 games that I want for $10 but I dunno if I wanna deal with the crazy there...

Need to see amazon's before I make a decision...but I can only get a $25 amazon card and I don't have prime since its not available via gift card (seriously wtf?) so I would have to pay $5 shipping on amazon and be out the other $5 lol.

Wish I had enough for the Vita deal. Hopefully thers a good deal when I do get enough money in February.

Toki767

I only have $30 after WiiU stuff.

:(

Lots of good deals there. Do they sell out for these games fast on BF? I know Walmart has crazy people going for their sales but dunno how crazy GS BF gets. WM has 3 games that I want for $10 but I dunno if I wanna deal with the crazy there...

Need to see amazon's before I make a decision...but I can only get a $25 amazon card and I don't have prime since its not available via gift card (seriously wtf?) so I would have to pay $5 shipping on amazon and be out the other $5 lol.

Wish I had enough for the Vita deal. Hopefully thers a good deal when I do get enough money in February.

Gamestop is hardly ever crowded on Black Friday from the times I've gone there.

Hmmmm Dead or Alive 5 and UMVC3 are tempting, but I realistically can probably only afford one..

Damn you Black Friday!

Gamestop is hardly ever crowded on Black Friday from the times I've gone there.

When I used to work at GameStop, I worked on Black Friday at midnight many times. It's not bad at all.

So for handhelds we have Vita AC:Liberation bundle for 200 at the 'Stoop and Holiday 3DS is 150 at Best Buy?

Those are good enough to bite.

border

25% off All Pre-Owned Electronics (iDevices etc.)

This would mean that you can get a refurbished iPad 3 for ~$300 --- that's less than the price of an iPad mini. Or you could get an iPad 2 with 3G for $300.

The major problem is that most Gamestop stores have a very limited selection of iDevices. Does anyone know if this sale will be honored online as well?

I wish Amazon still cared about this sort of thing. I'd much rather buy from them than wade into the shallow end of the human gene pool that is Black Friday crowds.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Tomorrow is black friday? In Canada too?

Ponn

Banned
I wish Amazon still cared about this sort of thing. I'd much rather buy from them than wade into the shallow end of the human gene pool that is Black Friday crowds.

I think they did a good job price matching everyone last year, thats pretty much how they roll just PMing the best deals. The big problem people have with them is the way they do it with the lighting deals.

border

Nintendo claims their focus this holiday season is the 3DS. I'm not seeing that reflected in the Black Friday sales.

Kinda hard for them to focus on 3DS when Nintendo rarely allows their consoles or software to be discounted. They're kinda like Apple in that sense.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Next week. I don't know about Canada. Does Canada even celebrate Thanksgiving?

Oh sweet, I thought I had to wake-up early, we had Thanksgiving Monday, October 8, 2012. :)
We also have Boxing Day, the day after Christmas Dayé

Boxing day is when you used to get crazy good deals from most stores.

B.O.O.M

That wasn't as good as I expected it to be :S oh well

Can someone tell me if these are in-store deals only or are they also available online?

I think they did a good job price matching everyone last year, thats pretty much how they roll just PMing the best deals. The big problem people have with them is the way they do it with the lighting deals.

Do they price match the console deals?

RzU16.png

I would jump on that if I wasn't grabbing a Wii U.

I feel the same way except with PS3 and I'm leaning more towards returning the Wii U in favor of the PS3.

Ponn

Banned
Do they price match the console deals?

Usually. Sometimes they even do a little better by offering Amazon Credit along with the PM console. I remember people flipping out over there PS3 deal last year.

Now of course, they won't be PMing any Nintendo consoles.

This year isn't that great. There are a few stuff that might be worth getting but overall, it's nothing to lose sleep over or going through the headaches of beating the crowd or waiting hours in line.

I may go in Friday afternoon or Saturday and maybe pick up a few games if they have anything left over that I want. I really don't want to commit to the craziness that corporate America is sanctioning. I mean Wal-Mart, come on, 8pm on Thanksgiving Day? You are really the worst.

xJavonta

Banned
I may finally get an xbox for $199, looking at that best buy deal. Wonder what I can get for Skyrim if anything.

I got $24 in store credit for it a couple of months ago on X360. With a Powerup card. If you're going GameStop, don't expect anything for it.

Top Bottom