• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Black Friday ad revealed

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Is anyone having a deal on the Halo LE Xbox console?

My Best Buy has like 30 of them. But $349... eek! If I could even get $50 off, that'd be great.

I'm starting to think I'm not going to get unbanned from playing Halo 4 early :(

Lol, find it funny people are blown away by the 360 deal. For $50 less you can get the same bundle or the PS3 without COD everywhere else. So really it is as if you are getting a $10 discount on COD, and that's if you have interest in COD.

Kind of interested in grabbing Lego LotR for myself, if Amazon matches I will probably jump.

Lol, find it funny people are blown away by the 360 deal. For $50 less you can get the same bundle or the PS3 without COD everywhere else. So really it is as if you are getting a $10 discount on COD, and that's if you have interest in COD.

Kind of interested in grabbing Lego LotR for myself, if Amazon matches I will probably jump.

It's a US sale. The 360 is a much bigger console in the US. Not hard to see why it's being viewed as the better deal.

That bundle will sell out just because COD is attached to it lol + as Bacon says, 360 is bigger here in the US.

Miles X

I think casuals are getting a much better deal in terms of 360 deals.

For $199 (price of a 4GB) you get a Kinect and Disneyland packed in, for those interested in that it's a great deal.

I think casuals are getting a much better deal in terms of 360 deals.

For $199 (price of a 4GB) you get a Kinect and Disneyland packed in, for those interested in that it's a great deal.

I think Microsoft are dumb for not coming up with a Minecraft bundle.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Oh yeah, at least one retailer is doing it then. That is one mighty fine bundle.

Really? What about the lack of mass $149?
They have a $150 system. :) You just have to get the Xbox Live service for two years to go along with it.

Seriously, I think that's how they see their lineup:

$100: Xbox 360 4GB + Kinect + 2 Years XBL
$100: Xbox 360 250GB + 2 Years XBL
$150: Xbox 360 250GB + Kinect + 2 Years XBL
$200: Xbox 360 4GB
$250: Xbox 360 4GB + Kinect
$250: Xbox 360 250GB
$300: ???
$350: Xbox 360 250GB + Kinect

Edit: Is it the 250GB at $300? I can't remember.

It's a US sale. The 360 is a much bigger console in the US. Not hard to see why it's being viewed as the better deal.

Maybe I worded it weird I am saying the 360 everywhere else and the PS3 are $199. Add COD if you like to either for a price of $259.98. So it is a perception thing, you are just saving $10 and get a game you may or may not want.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Pretty crap over all. 360 costing $150 more than the PS3 version and offering 2 less games is WTF-inducing though.

Wiz

No 3DS XL deals then. Might have to just bite on the Best buy deal this week. Was hoping for better colors but looks like that isn't happening thanks to NoA. Now this question is...Red or Blue? Never knew it would be this hard to decide.

Maybe I worded it weird I am saying the 360 everywhere else and the PS3 are $199. Add COD if you like to either for a price of $259.98. So it is a perception thing, you are just saving $10 and get a game you may or may not want.

But the real question is will people care more about the games bundled with the 360 or PS3

Miles X

I think Microsoft are dumb for not coming up with a Minecraft bundle.

That's genius ... it's like their 3rd best selling game this year as well, obviously popular, and cheap to bundle. $149 4GB Minecraft bundle ... yum.

They have a $150 system. :) You just have to get the Xbox Live service for two years to go along with it.

I do wonder how the sub deals will do over the holidays, hopefully MS have done their research. The optimist in me is hoping they analysed last holiday and have a plan to prop up sales after Black Friday though, perhaps that's where more $149 deals will come in.

That $199 PS3 bundle is sweet, considering it only got cut to $249 last year, the fact it's $199 everywhere is impressive, should sell very well.

That's genius ... it's like their 3rd best selling game this year as well, obviously popular, and cheap to bundle. $149 4GB Minecraft bundle ... yum.

Yeah, I don't get why they didn't do it. They own the crack and the crackpipe. Sell it. How hard is it to stick a 100 meg game on a 4gig 360 and paint the box with Minecraft art? Or to stick a downloadable code in a box? Missed opportunity.

I'm surprised at the complete lack of good WiiU and Vita game sales.

Wii U games are on sale at some places. There's going to need to be some good sales to move games like Mass Effect 3 for 60 dollars when it's 18 dollars on other consoles.

codhand

doesnt surprise how weak a sale this is given the sad state of gamestop the company, theyll have feet in the retail stores so might as well gouge them

Valient

I never owned a PS3 but i do own a PS Vita, I am wondering if it is worth it to take advantage of these deals for PS3 or way till next gen consoles. I am also a big GTA fan and with the new one around corner if its a good time. On a final note i am a big PC gamer with a high end PC, should i go for it or way till the next gen console?

Are all the major retailers now opening at 9PM on Thanksgiving? That must suck for the employees, but as a customer it sure is nice. Having mobs camped out in parking lots from midnight till 4AM was utterly ridiculous.

Now mobs will camp out all of Thanksgiving day. I don't see how this is any less utterly ridiculous. In fact, people now choosing to throw away Turkey day for a deal, to me, seems more ridiculous.

LegoDad

Still nothing beats the Xbox 4gb + Kinect for $99 last year...

Cornbread78

WiiU, whatever they have on shelves will sell regardless. Vita, again whatever they have on shelves, which won't be much ... at all.

Ya know, the sad part of tis is that my local Wal-Mart stopped carrying new VITA software right after Resistance was launched. Pretty sad not to see many games on the shelves at all. I wish Sony would have done more to save it....

holy shit, walmart has some good deals, $25 for brand new games

Yeah well, good luck getting them, and bring a wingman. Last year the store had flippers picking up entire displays of (BF3 for $28) away from customers and dumping them into their carriage. It was a joke. Thankfully, the normal customers were great last year, but the flippers in packs are ruthless.....

Source for this?

mmpjj.jpg

Top Bottom