• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Black Friday ad revealed

border

Are all the major retailers now opening at 9PM on Thanksgiving? That must suck for the employees, but as a customer it sure is nice. Having mobs camped out in parking lots from midnight till 4AM was utterly ridiculous.

So there will only be that lame 3DS bundle with SM3DL (same as last year, except worse because it's pre-installed). NoA isn't even trying anymore, they could have released the Mario XL that Japan is getting (or better yet, one of the Chinese versions). Oh Reggie.

Shadow780

Its got sparkles? Is it a vampire?

oyhYu.jpg

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Are all the major retailers now opening at 9PM on Thanksgiving? That must suck for the employees, but as a customer it sure is nice. Having mobs camped out in parking lots from midnight till 4AM was utterly ridiculous.

If stores are open at 9PM, how early must one arrive to be first in line for the deals?

(Friday Only) - XBOX 360 250GB Holiday System Bundle with 3 Free Games (Skyrim, Forza 4 and Call of Duty Blacks Ops 2) - $249.99

My 360 is fine, I'm not itching to play Skyrim, I don't give a shit about Forza, and I'm a Halo guy. ...But it's a great deal, right? I kind of want it, but isn't it late in the console cycle to be buying a brand new 360?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Might get the Jak HD Collection, but fuck, why isn't the New Vegas deal the Ultimate Edition? :(

Gamestop was the easiest place to get consoles last year, find one that opens up not early Thursday night.

yeah, last year there were 2 gamestops i went to, one (midnight open) was sold out of PS3 bundles by the time we got there (~1AM) and the other we got there at ~4:30 for a 5AM open and there were like 5 people in line. got myself a PS3!

Etzer

I don't even have a 3DS anymore, but Theatrhythm will be mine for $20. I know I'll get another 3DS later on. However, I think there was another place that has KH for $15 on Black Friday. Either Best Buy or Toys r Us.

Amagon

I still haven't picked up my LE of DOA5 that I preorder months back. I wonder if its still there? Hope not so I can pick up the regular edition.

Anyone have the Turtle Beach P11 Headset and like it? I might grab one

That and Lego Batman 2 on the Vita I suppose. I wish more vita games were on sale, it didn't even get its own section in that list

Miles X

Seem to be little to no deals on 4GB 360's this year, hmmm, last year they had $149 in select retailers right? Would have thought if theyw anted to at least match last year they'd do those again nationwide.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
For everybody asking about the 3DS XL, Best Buy has it for $20 off this week ($179.99) along with B2G1F on all 3DS games.

Looking like that might be the best deal we get all year.

Curufinwe

I'll try and get all of these, and a 3DS XL from somewhere else.

(Friday Only) - PS Vita White Assassin's Creed III Liberation System Bundle - $199.99

Dishonored - $29.99

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy - $19.99

Celegus

Theatrythmn, finally!!! I wasn't planning on going out on BF this year, now I might have to convince the wife that we should... hmmm!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
GameStop has the weakest deals really, compared to Best Buy, Walmart, etc.

Target has Allards for half off. Target wins.

matmanx1

I want Theatrhythm! I broke down and ordered that Pink and White 3DS XL from Gilt to replace my launch Aqua blue 3DS and it should arrive around the 20th of this month so that would make a great inaugural game for the new system.

Raven77

I desperately, DESPERATELY need 1-2 new wireless 360 controllers.

Has anyone seen any good Black Friday deals for them???

$30 more for touchscreen mini games. /throws up

Yep. I'm capable of deluding myself into overpaying for some things, but even I can't justify Mass Effect 3 for 60 dollars when it's 18 dollars on 360/PS3 now. The price of these ports is just bad.

jett

D-Member
(Friday Only) - PlayStation 3 250GB System with 5 Free Games (Infamous, Infamous 2, Infamous Festival of Blood, Uncharted Drake's Fortune, and Uncharted 2 Among Thieves) - $199.97

Wow. Wish I lived in America right now, lol. I'd turn this bitch around.

ironcreed

Banned
(Friday Only) - XBOX 360 250GB Holiday System Bundle with 3 Free Games (Skyrim, Forza 4 and Call of Duty Blacks Ops 2) - $249.99

Holy shit

Keep in mind that this is the 'Essentials Edition' of Forza 4. Meaning it does not come with Disk 2, featuring Auto Vista and most of the cars. But with a digital copy of Skyrim and Black Ops II thrown in, it's still a hell of a deal.

mrwilt

Anyone have the Turtle Beach P11 Headset and like it? I might grab one

That and Lego Batman 2 on the Vita I suppose. I wish more vita games were on sale, it didn't even get its own section in that list

I'm not impressed with the build quality of the Turtle Beach headsets. The left earphone snapped off on my set (PX21). Got a pair of Tritton headphones and have been happy with those. Build quality seems so much better.

jvm

Gamasutra.
The proliferation of solid Xbox 360 bundles in these retailer ads suggests to me that Microsoft has given the go-ahead to slaughter the PS3 this holiday. On top of the $50 cut to all but the lowest model, it looks good with respect to pricing.

At least Sony has some really good PS3 bundles for $200. I wonder when the next official cut will take them to $200 for baseline.

It's going to be fun to see the hardware sales for the next two months.

tim.mbp

Seem to be little to no deals on 4GB 360's this year, hmmm, last year they had $149 in select retailers right? Would have thought if theyw anted to at least match last year they'd do those again nationwide.

Walmart has $149 with Skylanders 4GB.

Miles X

Walmart has $149 with Skylanders 4GB.

Oh yeah, at least one retailer is doing it then. That is one mighty fine bundle.

The proliferation of solid Xbox 360 bundles in these retailer ads suggests to me that Microsoft has given the go-ahead to slaughter the PS3 this holiday. On top of the $50 cut to all but the lowest model, it looks good with respect to pricing.

At least Sony has some really good PS3 bundles for $200. I wonder when the next official cut will take them to $200 for baseline.

It's going to be fun to see the hardware sales for the next two months.

Really? What about the lack of mass $149?

Meier

Pandaria for only $20? Yes please! I hope someone else offers a similar price.. I'll definitely snag it.

p.s. For anyone who is interested in upgrading to a new iPhone -- I got a great deal on the trade-in of my 32 GB iPhone 4. I'm not sure if it was an accident but I somehow got a double bonus which bought the credit value to $216 after he had initially mentioned something closer to $175. A helluva lot easier than dealing with Craigslist and considerably more cash than Gazelle would have given me.

Top Bottom