• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Black Friday ad revealed

Cyborg

(Friday Only) - PlayStation 3 250GB System with 5 Free Games (Infamous, Infamous 2, Infamous Festival of Blood, Uncharted Drake's Fortune, and Uncharted 2 Among Thieves) - $199.97

Nice deal

So, GAF, can you help me figure this out? I called GameStop and they wouldn't help me. How much do ya'll think I will get at GameStop if I traded in my PS3 Slim 120GB and Vita 3G/Wifi? They are both in really good condition. I'm thinking that maybe they will give me 60-80 dollars in store credit for each separately, but I'm not entirely sure. Also, I know about the double trade in credit for consoles, but I'm hoping the regular trade in amount is at a good number so that when it gets doubled I get a really good deal.

I'm looking to get the new slim PS3 and the white Vita. I'm running out of space on my hard drive on my PS3, so the 250GB PS3 for $199 is calling my name. I would just get a new hard drive for my current PS3, but the last time I did that my old PS3 got the YLOD. I don't like the way the new slim looks, but I'm willing to deal. I'm kind of weary about the white Vita, because I fear it will get yellow looking like white consoles do, but it does look nice. I'm really on the fence about this, but the one thing that is driving me to go to GameStop on Friday is that I can get insurance on both the new Vita and PS3 I would get. Right now I don't have any insurance on my consoles, and I'm afraid that they might break on me. If they do, I'd pay more for a new console than I would on Friday.

So, yeah, any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Toki767

Base prices tend to drop when they do double trade in bonuses. I'd expect them to give like $100 max on a Vita and maybe $120 or so on a PS3 after the bonus.

Base prices tend to drop when they do double trade in bonuses. I'd expect them to give like $100 max on a Vita and maybe $120 or so on a PS3 after the bonus.
Thanks for the response. I didn't know about the base price dropping. Definitely going to think about this.

I popped into the closest gamestop to me today and asked the guy how black friday usually was at that location. He said it was almost always dead at the standalone stores, but the malls were always insane.

Can anyone confirm this? I was thinking of heading over there around 11pm, but if this is the case I'll probably just be there around midnight.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I popped into the closest gamestop to me today and asked the guy how black friday usually was at that location. He said it was almost always dead at the standalone stores, but the malls were always insane.

Can anyone confirm this? I was thinking of heading over there around 11pm, but if this is the case I'll probably just be there around midnight.
I have a good acquaintance who is a GameStop manager. Several years ago (3-4 years) when he was managing a GameStop adjacent to two big-box stores in a strip mall, he told me that they had two lines running full time for like six hours on Black Friday.

Now, that was probably in 2009, so the retail industry was still pretty OK at that point. No idea what it's like now.

I have a good acquaintance who is a GameStop manager. Several years ago (3-4 years) when he was managing a GameStop adjacent to two big-box stores in a strip mall, he told me that they had two lines running full time for like six hours on Black Friday.

Now, that was probably in 2009, so the retail industry was still pretty OK at that point. No idea what it's like now.

Hmm. This one is right across the street from our walmart too. I'm gonna go for around 11:30 and hope for the best. Haha.

Mxrz

Bit disappointing for me. Pretty much nothing I want at those prices. Is there any way to see what Amazon is going to have? derp, nevermind. Didn't click the cag link.

I really don't want to have to fight the Walmart crowd for those $10 collections.

Izick

If I didn't know that the Nextbox was right around the cornet, and I didn't own Skyrim and Blops II already...holy fuck is that Xbox 360 fucking tempting.

I'll take Sniper Elite for $20. I doubt too many people will be rushing out to snatch that up.

I would have liked more than $10 off for Assassin's Creed III though.

Top Bottom