• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop having a 50% console trade in bonus week, $232 for Wii U (USA)

Geneijin

Can I trade in my refurbished Wii U?
Why wouldn't you be able to? Unless the manufacturer's warranty seal is broken, you're good. Not like they can tell the difference between used and refurbished. In the end, they're both used. It won't matter unless the above was done.

BumRush

So you need a pro card? I'll call ahead to see if they'll let me get one and do the 50% increase in the same visit...

Korosenai

How much for a new ps vita? The newest one.

Also, GameStop is doing extra 30% for every game you trade. So I could get $35 for smash bros 3ds.

Namikaze

I see some of you are trading in your PS4's for a newer model...are the newer models that much quieter? My launch console is starting to sound like a jumbo jet regardless of what I'm playing and it's starting to annoy me. I'll be taking in some of my older systems tomorrow, but now I'm thinking of trading in the PS4, too.

Why wouldn't you be able to? Unless the manufacturer's warranty seal is broken, you're good. Not like they can tell the difference between used and refurbished. In the end, they're both used. It won't matter unless the above was done.

None of the Gamestops I've traded systems to have even checked that (talking multiple PS2s and PS3s).

I see some of you are trading in your PS4's for a newer model...are the newer models that much quieter? My launch console is starting to sound like a jumbo jet regardless of what I'm playing and it's starting to annoy me. I'll be taking in some of my older systems tomorrow, but now I'm thinking of trading in the PS4, too.

Not a newer model as far as I'm aware. Just people taking the opportunity to extend the longevity of their consoles by getting a new one for a very small cost. I imagine A many of us are waiting for the 16th deal so it's just a free upgrade to a new console essentially.

chixdiggit

Really tempted to dump my PS4 and Vita as I have not turned on either in months.

Can I get Steam Cards as trade in credit?

Geneijin

Here's another way to think about this: $55+ tax to replace an old PS4 with a new PS4 and get a new one year warranty on top of that. If you're gonna to do this, do it now. Don't expect the values to hold if they're good values like the PS4 and Wii U.

NateDrake

Here's another way to think about this: $55+ tax to replace an old PS4 with a new PS4 and get a new one year warranty on top of that. If you're gonna to do this, do it now. Don't expect the values to hold if they're good values like the PS4 and Wii U.

This tempts me because my PS4 previously suffered from the auto-eject problem. I recently toyed with the eject screw and the problem has been resolved for the past month or so. Still, the trade-in value is high enough that a new system is tempting.

Geneijin

None of the Gamestops I've traded systems to have even checked that (talking multiple PS2s and PS3s).
Yup, indeed. My experience as well.

This tempts me because my PS4 previously suffered from the auto-eject problem. I recently toyed with the eject screw and the problem has been resolved for the past month or so. Still, the trade-in value is high enough that a new system is tempting.
My advice is to do it. Do what some others are doing and just trade in the PS4 for credit now and buy it later when Gamestop is running a better promotion like the Buy PS4, Get 1-Year PlayStation Plus Free with purchase. It's listed on the Gamestop website. I would link if I wasn't on mobile.

Really tempted to dump my PS4 and Vita as I have not turned on either in months.

Can I get Steam Cards as trade in credit?

Of course. Just use the credit and stock up on steam cards. I traded in a whole bunch of stuff a couple years ago and used it to get like $200 in steam cards

Traded in my PS4 and Madden 15 for $340. Forgot an hdmi cable and the micro usb cable I brought was damaged on the tip so that knocked 30 off.

Wound up picking up $325 in Amazon cards and a $20 Steam card.

Warablo

I feel bad I didn't jump on this sooner. Great deal to trade in a PS4 and buy one later, but after today the price will plummet.

UncleO

traded my wii u, random wii u accessories and 5 mario, 4 PS3 games and walked out with an Xbox One. Not too bad I think.

Don't forget new PS4s come with $10 PSN card and TLOU digital voucher code (which you can sell/trade) so it will knock the price off even more. I traded my Wii U and PS4 earlier today, bought a new one from Best Buy, and was playing Destiny in under an hour after re-installing my 1TB drive, downloading games, and restoring save files from my thumb drive. Its a lot quieter than my launch PS4 imo and its nice paying what essentially was under $10 to completely swap out my 15 month old PS4 for a brand new one.

Re: Wii U refurb trade, I traded mine in no problem and even gave them the Wii U box which has refurb all over it. As long as it powers on and everything is included and in decent shape, you will get full credit. I know most of us bought our refurbs at $205+tax so getting $232 for it a year later is a fantastic deal.

Also keep in mind PS4s have gone on pretty great sales in the past few weeks and will no doubt do so again. Two weeks ago Best Buy was selling a PS4 for $399 and you got a free Vita TV (worth $70) with it. Gamestop sells new PS4s this week for $410 with Destiny thrown in, I don't think thats a great deal though. If you do buy a new PS4 at most retailers if the price drops in the next few weeks (15 days usually, 45 days for Best Buy Elite+ members) you can price adjust it even if its bundles and stuff.

Xbox Ones don't trade for as much because there have been some insane deals the last few months, quite a number of people got xbox ones under $300 during special microsoft store deals.

Mr. Hyde

So, the trade-in value for the vita is $60.00 on their website. Does that mean the trade-in value with this bonus is $90.00? Not bad... I have some other stuff I can trade in as well.

daveo42

Banned
Went to the local Gamestop and no luck to be had with getting a n3DSXL today. A few stores around here have the red one, but I'm hoping to find it in black tomorrow. Supposedly a few stores are getting overnight shipments to restock the handheld, so I'm hoping they get a few black ones in.

The red isn't a bad color, it's just black is better.

Korosenai

So 50% bonus on consoles and 30% bonus on games.

Can you only add the 10% extra for powerup rewards to the games making it 40% extra, or can you also do that for the consoles?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
If I trade in my Wii U ...credit towards an Xbox One or more PS4 games.

Decisions, decisions....

I have literally no games for it, only Epic Mickey 2. Insane that I still have yet to get anything else, got the console at Dec of launch year. (kids broke Lego City Undercover) I do still have a Wii, again with few games now.

jblank83

I have literally no games for it, only Epic Mickey 2. Insane

That is insane, imo. It's arguably the strongest exclusives library of any of the consoles at the moment: W101, Bayo, Pikmin, Luigi U, SM3D World, Hyrule Warriors, Smash, MK, etc etc etc.

However, if you're not going to bother trying the system's best games I don't know why you'd bother holding onto it. If nothing else, you can get Amazon credit.

Just got back from the Gamestop.

Took awhile because the System Transfer was long and awkward, but my dinged up 3DS XL traded for full value and I got 20 for GTAV and used that towards a Red New 3DS XL. Apparently the GA's in the area are few and far between so information about this deal hasn't been coming out like it should.

Thanks for the news on this deal!

kyo27

If the TIV for the PS4 doesn't drop tomorrow, I think i'm gonna trade it in. Haven't turned it on in months and there are no games on the horizon I plan on buying. I'll probably pick one up again if there is a good bundle or a hardware revision this fall.

Quick question: I did a system transfer from my old 3ds to the new one. Do I need to deactivate anything or is the old one blank?

A system transfer deletes everything from the old system as part of the last step, so its clean. Keep in mind gamesotp requires a power adapter when doing a 3DS trade-in. If you don't have an extra one you can trade in your existing one and either buy a new one there or buy a USB <-> 3DS charger on amazon/ebay/etc for much cheaper.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
That is insane, imo. It's arguably the strongest exclusives library of any of the consoles at the moment: W101, Bayo, Pikmin, Luigi U, SM3D World, Hyrule Warriors, Smash, MK, etc etc etc.

However, if you're not going to bother trying the system's best games I don't know why you'd bother holding onto it. If nothing else, you can get Amazon credit.

lol...I know. See, out of all those...only 3D World and Bayonetta 2 interests me. I did like the Zombie U demo I played. Captain Toad looks interesting too.

For me to not have 3D World yet.....definitely insane. I need to just stop fooling myself and get rid of it.

I know this may be pretty self explanatory, but if I "save" the trade estimate, it won't expire for another day right?

So I can use whatever value it has estimated for today for tomorrow?

Top Bottom