• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

tok9

I actually felt kind of bad that Kyle spent the short time he had at E3 basically showing us around.

Enjoyed the episode though, thanks Kyle! :)

Umibozu

I agreed with brandon in the whole NMS debacle, but I guess we're both being a little obtuse. :)
All the staff are great, but they each have their moments where their flaws come out (except for don). This is also true for everyone, so I wouldn't hold it against them.

This weeks final bosman was good in that it showed a perspective of e3 I had never seen before, it actually makes me less likely to want to go there in person. Still feel bad for the staff that didn't get to spend more time there though

so1337

Not gonna lie, these two seperate threads for Bosman and the rest of the GT shows are starting to confuse me.

I know the other one was first but it's starting to feel redundant.

Hasney

Not gonna lie, these two seperate threads for Bosman and the rest of the GT shows are starting to confuse me.

I know the other one was first but it's starting to feel redundant.

Some people shot it down as they don't like mega threads, so they stick to Bosman. This thread still had a net benefit of giving other shows oxygen at least. I didn't even know we had a Mandatory Update thread until a couple of weeks before I made this and there was only a couple of posts per episode. Now we're getting almost 5 as people start to get the fever.

UrbanRats

Episode felt sort of rambly to me, like he was searching for something funny going on, but nothing really happened.
Still some good moments tho.

Huber Hype had the best show floor episode, this year.

The regular GT crew is ok and all but honestly they are getting pretty bland. Hopefully at Gamescom they will give Gametrailers Germany a little more screentime. I think those guys deserve at least live commentary of the press event(s?) with Schluffe, Brübe and that other german.

ArjanN

The regular GT crew is ok and all but honestly they are getting pretty bland. Hopefully at Gamescom they will give Gametrailers Germany a little more screentime. I think those guys deserve at least live commentary of the press event(s?) with Schluffe, Brübe and that other german.

I hope they keep doing the live commentary over conferences, those are way more fun when you get to see their reactions. I expect MS to go pretty big this year as well.

Any yeah, lots of opportunities for Schluffe jokes.

Slevin

I agree, the regular crew is old news by now. The German crew should really take over.

Es tut mir leid.

wiibomb

I hope they keep doing the live commentary over conferences, those are way more fun when you get to see their reactions. I expect MS to go pretty big this year as well.

Any yeah, lots of opportunities for Schluffe jokes.

I really like that, but I seriously.. seriously didn't like that they muted the conferences, I'm a person with very limited bandwidth and I can only watch one stream or else they would be stopping every second, so I cannot have them in the background, I need them to have the audio at least, or else I'll need to go elsewhere to watch everything

I really like that, but I seriously.. seriously didn't like that they muted the conferences, I'm a person with very limited bandwidth and I can only watch one stream or else they would be stopping every second, so I cannot have them in the background, I need them to have the audio at least, or else I'll need to go elsewhere to watch everything

I think they had to do it for TOS reasons. I don't believe you can flat out stream another stream on Twitch, so disabling audio got them around that. Either that, or it was a tech issue in their studio. I'm almost positive the E3 streams were running off Ian's laptop and then fed into the Tricaster.

ilium

I wish they'd go with YouTube for E3 streaming next year. Quality is so much better.

It was kinda stupid for me to watch the conferences on my TV on YouTube but with a 5sec delay and the GT twitch stream on my smart phone.
Everytime something amazing happened the GT stream kinda audio spoiled it for me haha

I wish they'd go with YouTube for E3 streaming next year. Quality is so much better.

It was kinda stupid for me to watch the conferences on my TV on YouTube but with a 5sec delay and the GT twitch stream on my smart phone.
Everytime something amazing happened the GT stream kinda audio spoiled it for me haha

Wonky solution, but since YouTube is general behind Twitch, I had GT on Twitch and E3 on YT. They lined up perfectly.

Ploid 3.0

https://youtu.be/TUAuMlnk0C4
Final Bosman E3 Edition is up!

Oh boy! :D I always like these experience E3 with Bosman vids.

Edit: I remember when I wanted to go to E3. Now after having so many games, and not really caring about getting to try unreleased games anymore, E3 wouldn't be worth it for me. I'm better off watching the videos, or at the most trying one of those sony theater things for the energy and for the funny.

Edit2: lol at the Oculus booth. Facebook Money indeed.

Mononoke

Banned
I was fine with the Final Bosman video. It wasn't overly funny, but I don't think it was trying to be. It was as Kyle said, he just wanted to share with people what E3 really looks and feels like. A lot of people will never go to E3, so it was a pretty cool video if you don't approach it as a funny video, but more like a cool documentary type video.

I really enjoyed it. I can understand why people were expecting comedy. Or that they were let down because last years video was so damn epic. I also could see how this video would see rambly. I mean it does feel like raw footage without any editing or coherent narrative/voice.

I enjoyed it though.

wiibomb

I was fine with the Final Bosman video. It wasn't overly funny, but I don't think it was trying to be. It was as Kyle said, he just wanted to share with people what E3 really looks and feels like. A lot of people will never go to E3, so it was a pretty cool video if you don't approach it as a funny video, but more like a cool documentary type video.

I really enjoyed it. I can understand why people were expecting comedy. Or that they were let down because last years video was so damn epic. I also could see how this video would see rambly. I mean it does feel like raw footage without any editing or coherent narrative/voice.

I enjoyed it though.

most people might not know but bosman was nonstop on the GT coverage. The time he could possibly had for a E3 script might have been little to none, and he already said that this was one of the E3s where he had very short time on the showfloor.

Besides that, I really enjoyed looking at what they had on E3, specially from a person who could never be at E3

Mononoke

Banned
most people might not know but bosman was nonstop on the GT coverage. The time he could possibly had for a E3 script might have been little to none, and he already said that this was one of the E3s where he had very short time on the showfloor.

Besides that, I really enjoyed looking at what they had on E3, specially from a person who could never be at E3

Yeah, Bosman was dead tired. You could see it on the love streams. And yet he just kept going and going. Love him.

TheContact

I don't like Ian and elyse. Ian has a really annoying personality and elyse never knows what she's talking about. Brandon jones and Kyle bossman are awesome though. Need more retrospectives please !

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Elyse is cold. I bet behind the cameras she's even more awesome than what she appears. I bet I'm pretty cold in front of the camera where lots of judgemental people will watch too.

Some people shot it down as they don't like mega threads, so they stick to Bosman. This thread still had a net benefit of giving other shows oxygen at least. I didn't even know we had a Mandatory Update thread until a couple of weeks before I made this and there was only a couple of posts per episode. Now we're getting almost 5 as people start to get the fever.

Wait, there's a ManUp thread here?

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it until people realise: Elyse Willems is the funniest person at Gametrailers. She's amazingly quick witted, and she can reference just about any form of entertainment within seconds.

She's also valuable to the group because she enjoys the type of games that aren't particularly spoken about by the others. While everyone else was harping on about Bloodborne Elyse was giving her opinions on Ori and the Blind Forest. They need people like that.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it until people realise: Elyse Willems is the funniest person at Gametrailers. She's amazingly quick witted, and she can reference just about any form of entertainment within seconds.

She's also valuable to the group because she enjoys the type of games that aren't particularly spoken about by the others. While everyone else was harping on about Bloodborne Elyse was giving her opinions on Ori and the Blind Forest. They need people like that.

Hey, I was talking about Ori too...

Hey, I was talking about Ori too...

Quiet you!

There's one area where I feel GT is lacking and that's sports. I believe Matt Blair is an Ice Hockey fan, but that's seems to be it. So, Blood, just let me know and I'll quit my job, hop on a plane and be with you right away.

It still irks me a bit that PES was left out of the Top 10 Konami Franchise list.

Naythan

Quiet you!

There's one area where I feel GT is lacking and that's sports. I believe Matt Blair is an Ice Hockey fan, but that's seems to be it. So, Blood, just let me know and I'll quit my job, hop on a plane and be with you right away.

It still irks me a bit that PES was left out of the Top 10 Konami Franchise list.

I think that Kyle has a pretty good knowledge of sports (or is good at faking like he does for Madden previews) but might not really like sports games.

Huber is also a huge pro-wrestling fan but seems hesitant to bring it up too often besides the occasional reference.

I think they just know that their audience doesn't seem to have much interest in sports games so they don't put a huge emphasis on them.

RedAssedApe

Banned

I enjoyed it though.

it was fine for what it was. i think people were just expecting bosman comedy hour because of his last e3 bit. this year it was more like kyle being pessimistic about e3 haha

i did find huber hype and mandatory update more entertaining though.

as a side note...found it kind of interesting that nintendo seemed to have the most "booth babes" working their area

Top Bottom