• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
it was fine for what it was. i think people were just expecting bosman comedy hour because of his last e3 bit. this year it was more like kyle being pessimistic about e3 haha

i did find huber hype and mandatory update more entertaining though.

as a side note...found it kind of interesting that nintendo seemed to have the most "booth babes" working their area
I liked Bosman's commentary. He did a good job showing off the hellishness of E3. The schtick in HH and MU E3 specials got old for me about halfway through.

Tsosie

GT Time went up later than it normally does, prolly accounting for post-E3 craziness. Now I have to decide if I want to wait to watch it tonight or listen to the audio version in the car. Decisions, Decisions.

Hasney

Hopefully they don't have Ben on all the negative news weeks as it will crush his spirit, but man I do enjoy his rants.

The first version they uploaded lacked audio so they had to reexport and compress the file.

EHoeVHN.gif

so1337

Yeah, you guys weren't kidding. Ben is losing his mind over all these broken games and shitty business practices.

I've been burned so hard on Arkham City's launch DLC that I won't touch any of their stuff on day 1.

Hopefully they don't have Ben on all the negative news weeks as it will crush his spirit, but man I do enjoy his rants.

Yeah, I really love Ben's rants. He's so damn right and you can see and hear his passion for this medium. I pretty much always agree with what he says. The episodes where he is on are probably my favorite ones.

I'm still annoyed that he blocked me on Twitter, though.

Yeah, I really love Ben's rants. He's so damn right and you can see and hear his passion for this medium. I pretty much always agree with what he says. The episodes where he is on are probably my favorite ones.

I'm still annoyed that he blocked me on Twitter, though.

I probably did take it way too personally. What's your Twitter name? I'll unblock you.

sora87

This Tabletop episode is crazy, I love it when they do Fiasco.

"Now no one will know I made love to a wooden hoohoo"
omg.

Umibozu

tabletop
I hope this weeks tabletop weirdness seeps into the normal tabletop's proceedings

GT time
unfortunately we're going to see the gaf/gt staff's frustrations increase because those bad gaming business practices are only spreading.
I even saw this first hand a few years ago when I was a business administrator for an indepedant developer. It was the owners who were developers and not I who were pushing f2p and microtransactions. They were developing their games around those monetary devices and not the other way around. What surprised me at first was how often discussions kept going back to how far they could push their consumers before it would negatively affect the business. releasing incomplete games, putting everything behind pay walls etc.

Hasney

What surprised me at first was how often discussions kept going back to how far they could push their consumers before it would negatively affect the business. releasing incomplete games, putting everything behind pay walls etc.

I had a feeling what Brandon was saying was true. Just get that little outrage meter to the top without it getting full and it'll work.

Mariolee

That moment when Kyle asks your Nintendo-Disney-Amazon question that you asked on GT Live and asks it at GT Time, and then forgets your name.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13931-1358189834-5.gif

sora87

More Ben if anything please, he represents how pissed off most gamers are with modern day antics.

7 hour Final Fantasy VII stream on twitch, time to settle in! Dat prelude theme.

Visceir

Didn't really like the Fiasco episode of Tabletop adventures. Are any of the other non-D&D ones any good? I mean like REALLY good and not just "yea they are alright"

Started watching the FF VII stream while grinding my characters in Sakaguchi's Terra Battle, it's cool how he is reuniting lots of talent from FF VII back again in TB.

sora87

They always say capturing game footage is what's holding them back from making more retrospectives.. they should just rip footage from youtube, no one's gonna know. :)

Hasney

Didn't really like the Fiasco episode of Tabletop adventures. Are any of the other non-D&D ones any good? I mean like REALLY good and not just "yea they are alright"

Started watching the FF VII stream while grinding my characters in Sakaguchi's Terra Battle, it's cool how he is reuniting lots of talent from FF VII back again in TB.

I think most of the Fiasco episodes are fantastic, but the one they did on Mercury was the absolute best.

I'm a Canadian!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Really? Shenmue is "best debut"? Really? Really. Really?
A kickstarter with 10 seconds of gameplay and horrible voice acting is enough to be "best debut"? Really?

Hasney

They could have had a guy come out on stage and squat and take a shit with the word Shenmue 3 on and it would win best debut. A sequel like that after 14 years is an amazing debut,

Really? Shenmue is "best debut"? Really? Really. Really?
A kickstarter with 10 seconds of gameplay and horrible voice acting is enough to be "best debut"? Really?

I'm not happy with the best Playstation game either. While Uncharted looks impressive, from a visual standpoint, it absolutely screamed "more of the same" to me and left me as cold as the previous games. I really don't understand why Horizon got robbed.

danielcw

Both their choices for best debut and best trailer strongly depend on being a fan of those series and having a previous emotional attachment. Which is kinda unfair to new franchises or actually almost every other game.

Both their choices for best debut and best trailer strongly depend on being a fan of those series and having a previous emotional attachment. Which is kinda unfair to new franchises or actually almost every other game.

The decision for the best trailer is at least understandable, if you watch the trailer score episode. But the Just Played episode for Uncharted didn't leave the impression that its showing was better than The Last Guardian or Horizon.

danielcw

The decision for the best trailer is at least understandable, if you watch the trailer score episode. But the Just Played episode for Uncharted didn't leave the impression that its showing was better than The Last Guardian or Horizon.

Sorry, I don't understand what Uncharted has to do with it.

eerik9000

What? Huber was absolutely ecstatic about Uncharted 4.

Maitiú

I'm not happy with the best Playstation game either. While Uncharted looks impressive, from a visual standpoint, it absolutely screamed "more of the same" to me and left me as cold as the previous games. I really don't understand why Horizon got robbed.

Except they aren't judging it solely on what we got to see, but rather on what they got to see. If you watch it again, Jones gives the impression that the behind doors Uncharted demo was even more impressive.

Top Bottom