• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Age Beatdowns - Official thread of guys beating on their sticks

Ronabo

God's Beard said:
God damn, you can tell I spend all my time in training mode... time to rank up that Ibuki. I'm not always gonna have a knockdown, and my thought process is like a 3-year-old's.

We all got really nervous too. WTF was that shit I was doing when I had Abel dizzied? I wanted to FA, dash then Oicho Throw. Instead I got Parkinson's disease.

Snapshot King said:
Okay, we're all waiting on art who's listed gamertag doesn't work.

EMP Sabin, yo

Ronabo said:
We all got really nervous too. WTF was that shit I was doing when I had Abel dizzied? I wanted to FA, dash then Oicho Throw. Instead I got Parkinson's disease.

Backdashes are a great way for me to block sonic booms.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
omg sonicspear with the dan....and then stream dies again :(

edit: or not

edit2: wtf...did Dan's crouch taunt actually register as the first attack????

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
God's Beard said:
God damn, you can tell I spend all my time in training mode... time to rank up that Ibuki. I'm not always gonna have a knockdown, and my thought process is like a 3-year-old's.
You could use Tsumuj more for pressure as well as pressure release and try not to use Neckbreaker for approach unless they're jumping (I have both of these issues, too) Also when you have them down that far and a full super, use that super to chip them to death. I don't know if that is what you were trying for, but you had him in the corner so there was no escape, only you need to super jump to get the range you need without eating a flash kick like you did. If you don't have super you can still use the bars to chip them down.

Dice said:
You could use Tsumuj more for pressure as well as pressure release and try not to use Neckbreaker for approach unless they're jumping (I have both of these issues, too) Also when you have them down that far and a full super, use that super to chip them to death. I don't know if that is what you were trying for, but you had him in the corner so there was no escape, only you need to super jump to get the range you need without eating a flash kick like you did. If you don't have super you can still use the bars to chip them down.

Yeah at that point I had convinced myself that HPHP was the best poke ever -_-, definitely know I need that tsumuji action going. I didn't even realize I had super though :lol

Snapshot King said:
Coin Control lost their match against Should be Nerfed ;_;
Man I'm sorry for not pulling my own weight there. I like having Art on my team, but I don't wanna have to rely on his strength the whole time to win this thing. I must get stronger!

Definitely good games to all of you guys. Everyone played and no one got OCV'd.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Op updated. Congrats to winning team and Team spooky for setting up the Stream. At least we got to see the last match clearly. I've told Art before that I'm more scared of his Dhalsim than Seth. Now you can see why. :D

Team Trix beats Bonus Stage.

Man it was laggy for me, my moves were coming out three seconds after I input them and when you guys were playing it'd still be in the first round and you guys would say "GG" and then it'd end :lol

Was fun though, will do again! Would have liked to see Akuma play though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
Team Trix beats Bonus Stage.

Man it was laggy for me, my moves were coming out three seconds after I input them and when you guys were playing it'd still be in the first round and you guys would say "GG" and then it'd end :lol

Was fun though, will do again! Would have liked to see Akuma play though.

Definetely good games man...

A shame about the lag in the first set, messed me up quite a bit, but it was all good in the second set...

Prizes or no prizes, we should do this more often for real!

Props to fubar, I caught your match against Arturo, you held you own man, no shame in that!

Rentahamster said:
edit2: wtf...did Dan's crouch taunt actually register as the first attack????

That made me feel stupid.

But GGs, I was doing a supper happy dance when Art missed his Seth link and ate 470 damage for it. Then I was clueless with what to do against Sim, maybe should of focused more at mid-screen? But yeah, I totally lost it on the match point and he put me on blast after that.

fubarduck said:
Damn, I got exposed :lol

Sorry mostly to my teammates who actually played awesome while I sucked it up!!

Oh hush, you only came up against Art and your Rose looked much better against his Sim than my Abel did once you warmed up.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Spirit of Jazz said:
Then I was clueless with what to do against Sim, maybe should of focused more at mid-screen? .
Yeah, focus and get it. Ask this guy Pyro911 on XBL how to play that match. He destroys Sims.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Everybody played good. It was single elimination so there wasn't enough time to get accustomed to your opponent. Only finals and Grand finals are double elims.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Props to all my Bonus Stage homies and Team Trix bros who put up a good fight and won! Good games all around.

DD-11

I'd like to apologize to SonicSpear and Furby. The match started late and went into my "no-play time" and I had a kid "helping" me play (in the final round). :lol

This isn't an excuse, I wasn't beating Spirit's Abel on my best day. That's a mean abel.

On a related note, has anyone's fightstick gone crazy during a match? Jumping backwards went forwards. Walking backwards went forwards. My forward inputs worked normally. I had to unplug it and plug it back in to get it working again. Is this a cause for concern or just an random occurrence?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
DD-11 said:
I'd like to apologize to SonicSpear and Furby. The match started late and went into my "no-play time" and I had a kid "helping" me play. :lol

This isn't an excuse, I wasn't beating Spirit's Abel on my best day. That's a mean abel.

On a related note, has anyone's fightstick gone crazy during a match? Jumping backwards went forwards. Walking backwards went forwards. My forward inputs worked normally. I had to unplug it and plug it back in to get it working again. Is this a cause for concern or just an random occurrence?

Yeah. Honestly. A good deal of my TE sticks gives me problems. The only perfectly working one is the S stick. I guess it has to do with the improved PCB board or something.

Yeah, we all got shut down by Lost Fragment's Cammy. I think Mars was the only one on our team who won a match

Well, at least it looks like someone on your team may win the -COOLIO- award. :D

Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
Yeah, we all got shut down by Lost Fragment's Cammy. I think Mars was the only one on our team who won a match :lol

I am pretty glad I didnt have to play. 0 bar connection to the one from Australia 1 bar against one of you. the other one I would have had a great connection with though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Two more matches guys. Akuma=:lol You better start practicing because you have Saqs and Relix next. They are not free. In fact, I think they may beat your team mainly because of Saqs.

AkumaHokoru said:
I am pretty glad I didnt have to play. 0 bar connection to the one from Australia 1 bar against one of you. the other one I would have had a great connection with though.

Yeah I was the Australian Rufus. I'm just happy that I got a taunt in against Lost after I realised I couldn't win the round. Total personal victory.

Kadey said:
Two more matches guys. Akuma=:lol You better start practicing because you have Saqs and Relix next. They are not free. In fact, I think they may beat your team mainly because of Saqs.

Dont you worry none. I can tell you I pay ALOT of attention. You underestimate how much I know about who I am fighting.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I got all my matches saved from the fight earlier, but I couldn't save the other matches because the lag caused spectator mode to peter out.

wat do?

Top Bottom