• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Age Beatdowns - Official thread of guys beating on their sticks

Nikashi

Banned
I will have my mic for all my future matches, ALSO, I was playing with a handicap since I am house sitting for my mom so had to sit in a chair a few feet from her 27" HDTV haha. When I get home watch out Team Yatta/JAB

fubarduck said:
I should be ready to go any time after 6PM Central Monday; I'll try to coordinate with Art earlier in the day to confirm.

I wish somebody would suggest an actual time ;) Guys what I suggested last night seems possibly but isn't the only option, I though DD said he was good after 9PST when he actually said he'd be busy 9-12 EST (I was rather tired at the time so my memory was a little shot...). DD actually said he'd be free at 6 EST so I'm guessing some time between 7:00-9:00 EST would work? (Assuming DD meant he was good from 6-9) Seriously though, if anybody wasn't to put down a specific number that would be great ;) Alternatively we could still do it between 12:00-3:00 EST as I suggested last night given Sonic and Snapshot were already good with it.

That said it's quite possible that I'm massively wrong wrong here but it seems like in EST 7:00-9:00 PM and 12:00-3:00 AM would be good? I'd shoot for 7:00PM or 2:30AM (taking in consideration I probably got one of the times horribly wrong ;))

yeah, everyone confirm so there is no confusion

but I'll try to be on Live playing random SSFIV matches the whole night in the meantime

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
BotoxAgent said:
I didn't mean to imply that way

Wiseblade - don't worry I will bring my C-game \m/ :)
nah man, be polite and use atleast c+, that way he wont feel like he's been sandbagged, even if it's true.

fubarduck

Good news, Team Spooky is going to be streaming the match tonight between Coin Control and SbN for all the world to watch / cheer / mock in real time.

I want to aim for around 7:30 or 8:00PM EST, so let's all try to be on Live around then and I'll definitely post a notice before the stream is ready to go!

Wiseblade

I just hope you guys appreciate I'm waking up at 4AM my time so we can have our match today.

Pandaman said:
nah man, be polite and use atleast c+, that way he wont feel like he's been sandbagged, even if it's true.

I'm pretty sure he's making a pun about his mains being Chun and Cammy. ¬.¬

fubarduck said:
Good news, Team Spooky is going to be streaming the match tonight between Coin Control and SbN for all the world to watch / cheer / mock in real time.

I want to aim for around 7:30 or 8:00PM EST, so let's all try to be on Live around then and I'll definitely post a notice before the stream is ready to go!
Aw shit I'm bout to be put on blast! :lol

fubarduck said:

Sounds good man, can't wait to be humiliated in front of everybody on Justin TV.

henhowc said:
Team 15 and 16

It sounds like everyone is ok with 5/18 or 5/19 in the evening. Let's try 5/18. How about 8PM PDT (so 10PM for Central and 11PM for East Coast)? If something falls through we can at least have another day to try and reschedule. Does that fit into everyone's schedule?

Are any of you guys able to capture video?

Sounds good to me and yeah I was wondering about who can do the capturing.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
fubarduck said:

So cool. I've been hyping the match up too.

DD-11

Spirit of Jazz said:
I wish somebody would suggest an actual time ;) Guys what I suggested last night seems possibly but isn't the only option, I though DD said he was good after 9PST when he actually said he'd be busy 9-12 EST (I was rather tired at the time so my memory was a little shot...). DD actually said he'd be free at 6 EST so I'm guessing some time between 7:00-9:00 EST would work? (Assuming DD meant he was good from 6-9) Seriously though, if anybody wasn't to put down a specific number that would be great ;) Alternatively we could still do it between 12:00-3:00 EST as I suggested last night given Sonic and Snapshot were already good with it.

That said it's quite possible that I'm massively wrong wrong here but it seems like in EST 7:00-9:00 PM and 12:00-3:00 AM would be good? I'd shoot for 7:00PM or 2:30AM (taking in consideration I probably got one of the times horribly wrong ;))

I am good anytime that isn't between 6-10 PST/ 9-1AM EST. I'm pretty flexible.

DD-11 said:
I am good anytime that isn't between 6-10 PST/ 9-1AM EST. I'm pretty flexible.

As Fubar said it looks like it will be going down 7:30 or 8:00PM EST, just in case you missed his post.

Kadey said:
So cool. I've been hyping the match up too.

*blinks* Because just knowing it was being streamed live & we'd be against Art or Fubar wasn't already enough pressure for us non-tournament going scrubs!

RedAssedApe

Banned
Iron E Man said:
Sounds good to me and yeah I was wondering about who can do the capturing.

No worries. I think we should be ok. I haven't played with the replay channel features but I think if we get the replay data saved and share it with a one of our fellow Gaffers, they'll be able help us out with getting the vids up.

Wiseblade said:
I'm pretty sure he's making a pun about his mains being Chun and Cammy. ¬.¬

lol, that was not my intention, but clearly you had the better idea :)

Panda - C+ = me slightly blocking more :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Spirit of Jazz said:
As Fubar said it looks like it will be going down 7:30 or 8:00PM EST, just in case you missed his post.

*blinks* Because just knowing it was being streamed live & we'd be against Art or Fubar wasn't already enough pressure for us non-tournament going scrubs!

You know. I was planning on one day having these GAF tournies all streamed with live commentating but this is a small step. It's all up to you guys though. The people running the tournies also needs the players to show up and do their thing.

Kadey said:
You know. I was planning on one day having these GAF tournies all streamed with live commentating but this is a small step. It's all up to you guys though. The people running the tournies also needs the players to show up and do their thing.

Sounds pretty cool. Would it just be a matter of the person hosting the stream setting up the lobbys? Love the idea of commentary.

Wiseblade said:
Just to check, what time is it now PST?

Is currently 14:24.

I'll be online now until we're good to go so just send me a message if you want to get in some practice (GT is Spirit of Jazz)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Spirit of Jazz said:
Sounds pretty cool. Would it just be a matter of the person hosting the stream setting up the lobbys? Love the idea of commentary.

Something like that.

I remember watching my first stream. It was SBO qual from last year. Fubar was on it with Gootecks and some funny commentator (he kept laughing) that went MIA since then. Found out Fubar posted on GAF the next day. :D

So two more teams are playing today? Lovely.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Kadey said:
Something like that.

I remember watching my first stream. It was SBO qual from last year. Fubar was on it with Gootecks and some funny commentator (he kept laughing) that went MIA since then. Found out Fubar posted on GAF the next day. :D

So two more teams are playing today? Lovely.
Yeah, I remember that, he was a kinda large dude who played Urien in 3S. Dude kept calling it "Beast Roll" instead of "Blanka Ball", hahaha. That guy was hilarious. He stopped after somebody brought back tacos to eat or something :(

I wish he'd commentate more.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lost Fragment said:
They say they are.

I can record the matches and upload them if ya'll want.
That'd be convenient as I have no method of recording video.

I still have no idea how these preliminaries work but I'm going to roll with whatever is going on :lol

Ronabo said:
Ok Kadey, I just finished combining the matches and uploading them to Youtube.

Team Saikyo vs. Team The Big Mess - Set 1

Team Saikyo vs. Team The Big Mess - Set 2

That's the best quality I can do. I just have a dazzle hooked up to a netbook.

GGs to all. Just wanted to say Abel's U2 is broken. :lol

God damn, you can tell I spend all my time in training mode... time to rank up that Ibuki. I'm not always gonna have a knockdown, and my thought process is like a 3-year-old's.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Spooky stream just turned back on, just in time for a "Snapshot King invites you to play Super Street Fighter IV" message to flash on the screen :lol

Top Bottom