• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Age Beatdowns - Official thread of guys beating on their sticks

SodomandGomorrah.jpg

Nikashi

Banned
Timedog said:
Team Saikyo will win this one in your honor, baby!

And we came through!

Team Saikyo 2, Team The Big Mess 0

GGs guys, and I bet Ronabo wasn't expecting to lose to my Abel after that first round >_>

Nikashi said:
And we came through!

GGs guys, and I bet Ronabo wasn't expecting to lose to my Abel after that first round >_>

We weren't expecting you to abandon your team's flag either. I really need to work on my spacing with Ibuki, I ate way too many flash kicks. Your pinch hitter found out that I can't block low, and I really fucked up my U1 input, woulda been free a couple times ;_;

Nikashi said:
And we came through!

GGs Team Saikyo, kicked our butts good. Sick Guile dhrone.

@ Gods Beard and Ronabo, had a blast, I'll try to level up before the next tourney so I'm not so freakin free.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Nikashi said:
And we came through!

Dude, that was so clutch! 2 ultras in one round to get that win. After Ronabo was gone I knew me and Drohne could finish the rest.

Timedog said:
Dude, that was so clutch! 2 ultras in one round to get that win. After Ronabo was gone I knew me and Drohne could finish the rest.

I coulda sworn you were scrubbier last time. It's like you actually practice or something. I was thinking about using Dhalsim, but I really don't have the attention span for it, I screw up the spacing with him worse than Ibuki. All that anti-Guile training, wasted.

Ronabo

Nikashi said:
And we came through!

That was some major bull poop. In fact that was the first I've encountered Abel's U2. Abel is usually a free win for me. To hit get with that ultra twice in one round sucks ass. :lol

GGs to all. I think I have all the matches. I'll make sure tomorrow. I should have them uploaded to youtube in a day or so. Unless someone else wants to do it.

Oh, I wanted to add that I am amazed that I took a round of your Guile drohne. That's something I rarely do with Honda.

Going to bed...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
God's Beard said:
I coulda sworn you were scrubbier last time. It's like you actually practice or something. I was thinking about using Dhalsim, but I really don't have the attention span for it, I screw up the spacing with him worse than Ibuki. All that anti-Guile training, wasted.

I was still pretty scrubby in the Ryu vs. Ryu matchup cause I was nervous as shit. I've been practicing against some really good Dhalsim's so I was ready for that matchup I think.

How do you save other people matches that you're not in? It only saved my matches.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
NO TRAINING CAN PREPARE YOU FOR MY SHEER GUILE LAMENESS

DOWN BACK ALL DAY EVERY DAY

ggs god's beard, ronabo, garbageman. GOOD SHIT TEAM SAIKYO

I woulda got you if I beat TD, drone. I knew my mistakes. I will challenge you relentlessly until my ego is satisfied.

Timedog said:
I was still pretty scrubby in the Ryu vs. Ryu matchup cause I was nervous as shit. I've been practicing against some really good Dhalsim's so I was ready for that matchup I think.

How do you save other people matches that you're not in? It only saved my matches.

I was wondering why that ryu battle was so rushdown. Both of you guys seemed afraid of the plasma.

I'm glad I didn't then, because I just swapped my square gate out and I'm having trouble with certain inputs.

Save reservation to get matches.

drohne said:
yeah, we should definitely play -- i need to work on that ibuki matchup.

I just have to play it cool with my jumps because that flash kick has a giant hitbox, and really watch spacing with my slides because the recovery on your booms are nuts. It's definitely a more unusual matchup for Ibuki, but it's interesting.

sonicspear64 said:
He said on the Battlefield Arcadia stream to Kadey that he can do matches up to Monday. Sorry for the misunderstanding. To clarify my times again, I think I can do 9:00PM EST and on today and 2:00PM EST and on tomorrow.

Okay given it's 4 here and I've not seen anybody I'm going to go sleep for a few hours and will come come back on to see if any thing's changed and people are around. Though I really think it would be best just to arrange a time for tomorrow that's set in stone. I'm thinking somewhere between 12 and 3 EST if people can make that? (my maths earlier was so wrong...)

Spirit of Jazz said:
Okay given it's 4 here and I've not seen anybody I'm going to go sleep for a few hours and will come come back on to see if any thing's changed and people are around. Though I really think it would be best just to arrange a time for tomorrow that's set in stone. I'm thinking somewhere between 12 and 3 EST if people can make that? (my maths earlier was so wrong...)
Ok AM or PM? Either one is fine. The former just means that I have to stay up that night.

Rentahamster said:
Okay, so Sunday 11:30PM CST is a common time that everyone is okay with. We should do it then. How late do we want to wait up for latecomers? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?

11:30PM CST =

6:30PM Hawaii
9:30PM Pacific
12:30AM Eastern

right?

edit: oh yeah, anyone capturing? At the very least, we'll all have our own matches saved in our personal battle log. Just be sure to save them into the permanent record.

Just checking in to say I'll be there again, probably will go online in a couple minutes and get some practice in.

Let's see how long I can fend off a tiring day :lol

TACT o MEP GT's:

KillaBMike
Dartastic
o Enk o

I think Enk mentioned that he may be up to 20ish minutes late since he'd just be getting back from work.

sonicspear64 said:
Ok AM or PM? Either one is fine. The former just means that I have to stay up that night.

I'll repeat, I'll be at work till round 7 ish. If that's midnight to three in the morning, fine. If not, can't do it.

enk/killasasa wtf lol

I sent you guys invites and then you both quit your modes you were in and go to an endless battle together.. and totally ignore the match happening at 11:30?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Killa Sasa said:
Just checking in to say I'll be there again, probably will go online in a couple minutes and get some practice in.

Let's see how long I can fend off a tiring day :lol

TACT o MEP GT's:

KillaBMike
Dartastic
o Enk o

I think Enk mentioned that he may be up to 20ish minutes late since he'd just be getting back from work.
OK guys, we're in a room.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
TurtleSnatcher said:
So my internet just died halfway through that game. Posting from phone. WTF. God dammit time Warner. This never has happened until now
Sorry to break it to you budd, but I lost that last game :(

i won

Snapshot King said:
I'll repeat, I'll be at work till round 7 ish. If that's midnight to three in the morning, fine. If not, can't do it.

Yeah, I meant midnight to morning. Was hoping it would be late enough for DD, and once again is there any way to get that message to Art?

Arturo (team 7) defeats TACT o MEP (team 8) 2-1

Sorry about the little late coming TS, just wanted to warm up really quick. Good games, but what happened at the end there? It threw me off.

In any case, GG's and good luck the rest of the way!

Edit: NVM, that sucks. Oh well.

I'm sorry about the end there I have no internet still. Fucking all I saw was an ex hooligan. Screen froze. Then it said I was disconnected from XBL. I then look at my modem and it shows no send or recv signals. Also disconnected from Irc.

Took a pic of my modem if no one believes me lol.

Dartastic

TurtleSnatcher said:
I'm sorry about the end there I have no internet still. Fucking all I saw was an ex hooligan. Screen froze. Then it said I was disconnected from XBL. I then look at my modem and it shows no send or recv signals. Also disconnected from Irc.

Took a pic of my modem if no one believes me lol.
No worries dude! You won anyway. :p

Enk

makes good threads.
Ugh, I played horribly tonight. Sorry guys. I should've warmed up a bit more before jumping in.

Anyways, good games Team Arturo!

Tesseract

Banned
gg and thanks for playing. gotta give turtle props for his straight-set victory.

and hamster for his round-final rushdown.

enk, gouken's new alternate costume is very distracting. :lol
anyway, i should get back to studying.
:(

ggs to everyone..

Breakdown of matches

Battle 1

Team Arturo

1st - Tesseract
2nd - TurtleSnatcher
3rd - Rentahamster

Team TACT o MEP
1st - Enk
2nd - Dartastic
3rd - Killa Sasa

Tess loses to Enk
TurtleSnatcher beats Enk
TurtleSnatcher beats Dartastic
TurtleSnatcher beats Killa Sasa

Battle 1 goes to Team Arturo

Battle 2

Team Arturo
1st - Tesseract
2nd - TurtleSnatcher
3rd - Rentahamster

Team TACT o MEP

1st - Dartastic
2nd - Enk
3rd - Killa Sasa

Tesseract beats Dartastic
Enk beats Tesseract
TurtleSnatcher beats Enk
Killa Sasa beats TurtleSnatcher
Killa Sasa beats Rentahamster

Battle 2 goes to team TACT o MEP

Battle 3

Team Arturo
1st - Tesseract
2nd - Rentahamster
3rd - TurtleSnatcher

Team TACT o MEP

1st - Dartastic
2nd - Enk
3rd - Killa Sasa

Dartastic beats Tesseract
Rentahamster beats Dartastic
Rentahamster beats Enk
Rentahamster beats Killa Sasa

Battle 2 goes to team Arturo

Team Arturo 2 - Team TACT o MEP 1

ggs to Enk/Dart/Renta/Killa/Tesseract

Dartastic was making me fucking cry and laugh out loud when fighting Rentahamster.

"I WISH MY TEAM HAD MICS SO THEY COULD TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!! I BET THEY WOULD SAY BLOCK HIGH!" Then he got hit by like 4-5 more overheads and had a mental breakdown over the mic.. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
TurtleSnatcher said:
Dartastic was making me fucking cry and laugh out loud when fighting Rentahamster.

"I WISH MY TEAM HAD MICS SO THEY COULD TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!! I BET THEY WOULD SAY BLOCK HIGH!" Then he got hit by like 4-5 more overheads and had a mental breakdown over the mic.. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
lol, actually I think it was me who told him to block high :lol

TurtleSnatcher said:

:lol I could hear you through my speakers, Dartastic. I think after the match you said you shoulda just thrown jab DP's out randomly, that was probably the only advice I could give you about that matchup, haha. I don't know if it's good or not either.

The mic I have is so shitty, sorry I wasn't wearing it. I had it on to start but it literally fell apart on my ear so I unplugged it. When I sent those voice messages after I was holding it together :p

We got bodied in the first set by Turtle's Fuerte. I watched those replays again... snap.

I thought HK Cannon Spike was get out of jail free against Fuerte, f that noise. I don't think I blocked once during that match, just ate everything. Also, Ultra Spark can E.A.D.

I liked the Ryu mirror between Tesseract and Dartastic, a Ryu mirror is always fun to watch. I let out a Ric Flair woo when Dart hit a Metsu SRK and realized my mic wasn't on :(

I've never seen yoga flame corner pressure in IV from Sim, so you had me dazed there Rentahamster :lol Few Sims try to stand their ground against Cammy, definitely wasn't expecting that, haha. Good adjustment in the third set to close out what I think is a shitty matchup for Sim. Stifled my offense pretty much all around.

Enk, you played fine, showed why Gouken is master and Ryu is student :D
Dart, I respect that Makoto. And you backed her up great with Ryu, Metsu SRK is all the hype in the game condensed into three punches. Pretty sure I heard someone yelling along with Ryu when you hit it :lol

Even though we're out already, can't say I didn't learn anything. I don't get to play many Fuerte's, so that helps altogether - now I know a bit more what I should and should not be doing there. And I learned that Sim can actually be frustrating up close XD. And I should probably block more.

GG's doods, good luck the rest of the tourney

zomg i landed a CQC

Dartastic

Rentahamster said:
lol, actually I think it was me who told him to block high :lol

Fuck Blanka? Hah. Blanka is practically FREE, especially when I'm Mak. Block and punish, bitches. Dhalsim however? FUCK DHALSIM. :lol

Killa Sasa said:
:lol I could hear you through my speakers, Dartastic. I think after the match you said you shoulda just thrown jab DP's out randomly, that was probably the only advice I could give you about that matchup, haha. I don't know if it's good or not either.

I liked the Ryu mirror between Tesseract and Dartastic, a Ryu mirror is always fun to watch. I let out a Ric Flair woo when Dart hit a Metsu SRK and realized my mic wasn't on :(

Dart, I respect that Makoto. And you backed her up great with Ryu, Metsu SRK is all the hype in the game condensed into three punches. Pretty sure I heard someone yelling along with Ryu when you hit it :lol

Even though we're out already, can't say I didn't learn anything. I don't get to play many Fuerte's, so that helps altogether - now I know a bit more what I should and should not be doing there. And I learned that Sim can actually be frustrating up close XD. And I should probably block more.

Seriously, I should have just thrown out random SRK's. I was free as a BIRD. I had no clue what to do. Nobody ever plays Sim, let alone a GOOD Sim. That was embarrassing. At least if I was playing Makoto I could have landed an Ultra 2...

Yeah, that Ryu mirror was fun. I picked ultra 2 specifically for jump-in purposes... hitting that was niiiiice. :D

I still think my Mak needs work, but she's really hard to play as. Seriously. She really needs to be tuned a bit if they ever patch this thing; she's SO fun, but is really lacking when you start to play at a higher level. Getting in can be soooo frustrating, and her options are super limited. :/

Yeah, I learned a lot too. As I said earlier, nobody plays Sim, let alone a good one. Fuerte is few and far between also. I did definitely learn one thing... Block high. :lol

Killa Sasa said:

The mic I have is so shitty, sorry I wasn't wearing it. I had it on to start but it literally fell apart on my ear so I unplugged it. When I sent those voice messages after I was holding it together :p

We got bodied in the first set by Turtle's Fuerte. I watched those replays again... snap.

I thought HK Cannon Spike was get out of jail free against Fuerte, f that noise. I don't think I blocked once during that match, just ate everything. Also, Ultra Spark can E.A.D.

I've never seen yoga flame corner pressure in IV from Sim, so you had me dazed there Rentahamster :lol Few Sims try to stand their ground against Cammy, definitely wasn't expecting that, haha. Good adjustment in the third set to close out what I think is a shitty matchup for Sim. Stifled my offense pretty much all around.

Enk, you played fine, showed why Gouken is master and Ryu is student :D

GG's doods, good luck the rest of the tourney

zomg i landed a CQC

Lmfao you landing the CQC.. I was on the mic going "I knew I shoulda Fajita Bustered" haha

Also Dartastic was the one yelling with his own Ryu for the Shoryuken. And god damn Rentahamster with that insane yoga fire corner pressure.. He did it to you and Enk .. so sick.

EDIT: Haha when he was doing it to Enk.. Dart was yelling on the mic.. "BLOCK OMG BLOCK" hahaha

Top Bottom