• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GB/GBC/GBA Collecting Thread

Given how lithium batteries work, that's unlikely. Older nickel based batteries can be trickle charged or top up charged (this sounds like a confusing conflation of the two) but lithium batteries will explode if you try that, and have built in circuitry to prevent it. Won't hurt if you leave it plugged in, but once the battery is fully charged it's cut off from the charging current.

Thanks for the clarification, very helpful.

In any case, it's morning now, and almost 5 1/2 hours later in sleep mode through the night my GBA still has a bright green light so looks like I have a very good battery.

Wolfe

Craigslist in Australia is kind of shit.
But yeah, I usually check it once a day.

That's really the best advice I could give someone in regards to looking for something specific on craigslist. I've found some great deals on sometimes really rare items just by getting in the habit of checking it daily if there's something specific I'm looking for.

Grief.exe

That's really the best advice I could give someone in regards to looking for something specific on craigslist. I've found some great deals on sometimes really rare items just by getting in the habit of checking it daily if there's something specific I'm looking for.

That's what I do as well. Just check Craigslist daily for the games I am looking for and see what pops up.

tokaio

Neo Member
Yesterday I recieved a package with some GB goods :D.

I'm mostly happy with Robopon - it's in immaculate condition, and it's one of the games I always wanted to have.

I'm also very happy with FFL3, I still need the other two though :(.

I love the Fire Emblem series so I couldn't pass up on a really cheap cart auction. I'm on look out for a well priced complete set but still no dice.

Here they are:
wqXza3O.jpg

QE6O3Ky.jpg

OEvSEo5.jpg

RhccezH.jpg

Lap3ZAu.jpg

ekGeQPC.jpg

zMofQ1t.jpg

maxcriden

grief's BFF is back:

zelda wink waker
blitz 2003
madden 2005
ghost recon
dark summit
bomberman
top gun sealed
street hoops
metroid prime
mickey mouse
baten kaitos
a series of unfortunate events
dragon ball z
carmen sandiego
skies of arcadia
beach bandits
resident evil
tales of symphonia
lord of the rings

MRORANGE

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805269

ibte2pPBXe1eQO.png

In 1989 we saw the birth of one the most famous gaming devices that has graced gamers. The Gameboy line was famous for being one
of the greatest portable gaming machines with an extensive library that has been around longer than most consoles could even dream
hope for. With the whole line selling over 200 million units it has become one of the greatest achievements from Nintendo.

In this thread we will look at the history of the Gamboy and how this tiny device flourished to what it is today.
Please use this thread to list your memories of the system and the games you have played on it...........​

more after the break.

pikablu

Picked up this SWEET multicart this weekend at a convention. I know it's a pirate but it was too cool to pass up. When you load it up, it has Goomba Color on it and because the Zelda games need a battery you have to manually save to the flash memory by holding L+R before you turn it off. Games run flawlessly though and it's really cool having both games on one cart.

I've never seen this planet logo on any games before and haven't even been able to find any existence of this cart online. If anyone has some information please pass it along.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Picked up this SWEET multicart this weekend at a convention. I know it's a pirate but it was too cool to pass up. When you load it up, it has Goomba Color on it and because the Zelda games need a battery you have to manually save to the flash memory by holding L+R before you turn it off. Games run flawlessly though and it's really cool having both games on one cart.

I've never seen this planet logo on any games before and haven't even been able to find any existence of this cart online. If anyone has some information please pass it along.

How much was it?

Goomba Color is a GBC emulator for the GBA, and I'm wondering if what you bought is a cheap bootleg/pirate, or a custom-made flashed cart. Can you open it up?

pikablu

How much was it?

Goomba Color is a GBC emulator for the GBA, and I'm wondering if what you bought is a cheap bootleg/pirate, or a custom-made flashed cart. Can you open it up?

$20 which seemed fair being that each game is around that for GBC alone. Yeah I know Goomba Color is a GBC emu for the GBA. If I can remember I'll open it up and posts some pics. I can tell that the board inside says "nintendo" I don't know if that helps or anything.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
$20 which seemed fair being that each game is around that for GBC alone. Yeah I know Goomba Color is a GBC emu for the GBA. If I can remember I'll open it up and posts some pics. I can tell that the board inside says "nintendo" I don't know if that helps or anything.

$20 is pretty good for a repro. I really haven't seen much "GBA" repros around other than Mother 3, and I've been wondering what people have been using. There are Flash carts which accept SD cards, but they're typically more expensive than if you have a Flashable GBA board and a Dumper/Programmer.

zonipoi

Just bought this boxed:

98469482c.jpg

It has no battery. Is something like this alright? Model number is right but the electric numbers I don't understand don't match. :p

Here's a picture from the back:

98469482e.jpg

maxcriden

Not to be too much of a shill, but I'm selling/trading several GBA/DS games if anyone is interested. Happy to negotiate and to reduce prices for multiple games. Feel free to PM me. Thanks!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108981036&postcount=7053

GCN:

Zelda: Wind Waker (aka Wink Waker) CIB, good condition - $25

DS:

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light CIB - $15
Scribblenauts CIB - $7
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass CIB - $20
Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber (cart only) - $12

GBA (all cart only):

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity - $7
Final Fantasy V - $15
Mario Tennis Power Tour - $7
Megaman Zero 3 - $10
Metroid: Zero Mission - $25
Namco Museum - $7
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee - $7
Zelda: Link to the Past & Four Swords - $17
Zelda: Minish Cap - $25

3DS

Rayman 3D (cart only) - $12

womp

Cross posting with the anniversary thread a bit...But seeing all the love for it in here made me realize that I haven't had my Micro out in a while. What a great little device, wish it had played GB/GBC. Took me a minute to remember how to adjust the brightness setting. :)

Mzo

Just got a CIB Magical Quest 2 for the GBA in the mail. Everything looks great. Fire it up and it's all in French? I don't see any language options in the menu...

The weird thing is that there's an ESRB rating on the sticker and the code is AGB-AQME-USA.

wtf

so i just got back from a used retro games shop i went to and...i spied Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town in their GBA selection for 16 bucks...

Decided to NOT grab it right away since i wasn't sure whether it was worth it or not(or a good game in general) but i think i read somewhere it's supposed to be pretty good right?

Should i have gotten it for that price?

Least i didn't come home completely empty handed, found a copy of Bruce Lee Return of the Legend for 6 bucks so there's that ;)

maxcriden

so i just got back from a used retro games shop i went to and...i spied Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town in their GBA selection for 16 bucks...

Decided to NOT grab it right away since i wasn't sure whether it was worth it or not(or a good game in general) but i think i read somewhere it's supposed to be pretty good right?

Should i have gotten it for that price?

Least i didn't come home completely empty handed, found a copy of Bruce Lee Return of the Legend for 6 bucks so there's that ;)

That's a good price, especially if it's CIB, but even if it's not. It's actually one of my favorite HM games and I believe it's widely considered one of the best. I'd especially recommend it if you haven't played BTN on PS1 as it's kind of similar in a lot of ways. It's a terrific game, though, and a bargain at that price IMO.

That's a good price, especially if it's CIB, but even if it's not. It's actually one of my favorite HM games and I believe it's widely considered one of the best. I'd especially recommend it if you haven't played BTN on PS1 as it's kind of similar in a lot of ways. It's a terrific game, though, and a bargain at that price IMO.

tx for the feedback, i just checked amazon and i guess the price isn't all that special, you can get them (non boxed of course) for around the same price...

I might go back and get it regardless though... been having a lot of fun recently with Rune Factory 3 for DS so this looks to be similar

maxcriden

tx for the feedback, i just checked amazon and i guess the price isn't all that special, you can get them (non boxed of course) for around the same price...

I might go back and get it regardless though... been having a lot of fun recently with Rune Factory 3 for DS so this looks to be similar

No prob. And, from what I saw on Amazon it's at least $10 more for the same game. Were you looking at "More Friends of Mineral Town" perhaps?

Just got a CIB Magical Quest 2 for the GBA in the mail. Everything looks great. Fire it up and it's all in French? I don't see any language options in the menu...

The weird thing is that there's an ESRB rating on the sticker and the code is AGB-AQME-USA.

wtf

someone swapped the pcb on you or it's possible a canadian release

Mzo

Yup, I'm betting it was a Canadian cart myself...

I thought all Canadian releases needed to have English and French text on the box itself. Maybe not. Someone else suggested there may have been a language selection on first boot that no longer appears after the initial choice is made... has anyone had that happen with a GBA game?

I thought all Canadian releases needed to have English and French text on the box itself. Maybe not. Someone else suggested there may have been a language selection on first boot that no longer appears after the initial choice is made... has anyone had that happen with a GBA game?

It does have a language selection on first boot with options for choosing between English, French and German. Check the manual and see if there's a button combination you can hold down at startup to erase the save?

Mzo

It does have a language selection on first boot with options for choosing between English, French and German. Check the manual and see if there's a button combination you can hold down at startup to erase the save?

Yeah, held down L and R on bootup and it asked me if I wanted to reset the game to initial settings. All fixed! Merci beaucoup mon amis.

There are some French only SKUs that were specifically for the Quebec and probably New Brunswick / East Ontario market. Recent examples you can find are some DS Pokemon games that are French only.

zonipoi

I've gone crazy. Got my silver Micro in March, since then have acquired blue and hot pink. Then the pearl blue posted above yesterday and today ordered the Famicom one from Arcade Shock. Still absolutely need a green one and a purple, FFIV and black are looking great too. Mother 3 is probably too pricy to justify the money. :D

Coda

I've gone crazy. Got my silver Micro in March, since then have acquired blue and hot pink. Then the pearl blue posted above yesterday and today ordered the Famicom one from Arcade Shock. Still absolutely need a green one and a purple, FFIV and black are looking great too. Mother 3 is probably too pricy to justify the money. :D

Yeah, I'm selling my Mother 3 GBM if you are interested. I'm asking $300 which I'm assuming is too pricy for you but I originally bought it for $400.

I think it's so expensive because it had a really small print run and GBA games are small and I bet people tend to lose them if they aren't careful.

Maybe I should clarify. Game Quest Direct licences and reprints games that have the demand for it. The GQD reprints of games like Gitaroo Man, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, and Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne led to much needed deflation of price and increased availability.

Rich!

Aw nooo.

I got Space Invaders for the Game Boy today! Went to try out the SNES mode on my SGB2/snes mini, aaaaand....it's region locked. Yep, the game included is PAL. Comes up with a error message.

It's probably the only Game Boy game in existence with a region lock, even if it is only for the SNES part of it. Not going to bother getting the USA version of it - it's only space invaders.

Picked up a couple GB/GBA games in New Brunswick this weekend:

iOhtClw.jpg

Chief among them is this copy of Final Fantasy VI for my GBA, brand spankin' new and still sealed...

Back, with RFID tag still stuck to it and French manual in the packaging, because Canada...:

sKGo5Xt.jpg

Top Edge:

GG3ZMDF.jpg

Sides:

u4hOpUx.jpg

kxq9JpG.jpg

Price? As marked... :) Basically NOS, still priced as it was on release in 2007...

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Picked up a couple GB/GBA games in New Brunswick this weekend:

Chief among them is this copy of Final Fantasy VI for my GBA, brand spankin' new and still sealed...

Price? As marked... :) Basically NOS, still priced as it was on release in 2007...

Damn, very nice. I'm still looking for FFVI. Kinda hard finding one on eBay for a decent price, and most importantly: not a bootleg.

Rich!

just got these two in the post today. Unlike what I assumed from the ebay photo, KDL2 is in great condition - just a lot of discolouration on the KDL1 cart. Not bad for a fiver each when KDL2 usually goes for £15+ on the american version (JP one is fully in english apart from the title screen).

and it's fucking amazing on the Super Game Boy:

my phone camera was having a hard time here though :( That grey is actually white in real life.

Tweaked the pointometer in my RCG GBA and the screen is so much clearer now. Thanks to whoever mentioned that a few pages back.

Got my GameBoy collection out the other day for the 25th anniversary and realized I'm missing Metroid II, Super Mario Land II, and Mega Man V from my case. Where could they be? :/

Rich!

Hm. Got an issue with the copy of Game and Watch Gallery 2 I got in the post today. Whenever I play it, I get a load of glitchy artifacts on the screen. I've confirmed it's the same on my DMG, Color and SGB2. I've cleaned the cart contacts and the PCB looks fine. It's only present on this game. So, what is it?

Here's a video (there is sound) :

http://a.pomf.se/pulkzu.webm

is it fucked?

Leonsito

I Installed yesterday one of thos backlight kits from eBay for the GBA, damn it looks good, and I didn't soldered the cable yet, which should improve the IQ even more, looks fantastic, this is what the GBA should have been.

Top Bottom