• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
charsace said:
I'm on your FL. Lets play some hoard lets do it. Adam Blade would probably be up for some hoard too.

Maybe another day I'm afraid.

PM me a day and I'll see what works.

Best bets are Mondays and Tuesdays since those are my off-days.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Along with frags and torque bow headshots, so satisfying

AR Torque right in their mouth. So nice.

The_Monk

Why didn't I got the achievements after I ending the game? Bug?

=/

PICTURE:

PvZKfl.jpg

=(

ZeroRay

I had to redo the prologue because it didn't register the first time.

Select Act 1 and look for the chapters that didn't register. Probably a glitch that needs to be patched out.

The_Monk said:
WTF, how? Lol my bad, but... I put "New Game" how could I miss this?

Might have gotten disconnected from Live midgame... had that happen to me towards the beginning and it said I didn't complete act I.

The_Monk

ZeroRay said:
I had to redo the prologue because it didn't register the first time.

Select Act 1 and look for the chapters that didn't register. Probably a glitch that needs to be patched out.

Ok, thank you sir. What a strange bug...

-PXG-

enzo_gt said:

Thank God he didn't do the voice. Such a relief.

Anyway, if I delete friend requests, i'ts nothing personal. I want to allocate space for potential competitive teammates (people I can trust in ranked matches) or "VIPs"
Epic peoples
. My list is nearly full. I've had many on there for years or know them IRL, so I won't delete them.

Plus, you have the Gears GAF tags. If you want to play with me, send me a request through them. I'm on all three. If I don't respond, I'm either already in a full room, in a match or AFK. I don't ignore anybody on purpose.

-PXG- said:
EDIT 2

Cliff, if you're reading this, ya'll gotta fix the character skin issue. Everytime I join a match that's in progress, I end up as a Drone, or Marcus. Hell, sometimes even after playing a few matches, I end up with a default skin. I hope you guys are aware of the issue and fix it before people start using purchased skins.
The reason for that is probably because they only load max 10 characters into the RAM for each match. They could probably make it so that you are the only one who can see the proper character, and everyone else see Drone or Marcus.

cackhyena said:
So do most of you have the controls dialed up to pretty high like crazy CoD players? I dialed it up a few notches from normal myself.

Yeah, around 16 or so. I also play with Alternate control scheme :)

-PXG-

AndyMoogle said:
The reason for that is probably because they only load max 10 characters into the RAM for each match. They could probably make it so that you are the only one who can see the proper character, and everyone else see Drone or Marcus.

Perhaps. The game has time or is told to load/search for non standard skins between matches.

boredofcanada said:
ok i have a stupid question and forgive my ignorance....how do you look down the iron sights of the hammerburst?

Click the right stick

KorrZ

Drealmcc0y said:
Thank god, its not just me.

I wouldnt say its on Gears 2 level of bad, but its getting close.

Oh no...seriously? I was just about to jump on and play some matches :\ if it's really that bad I don't think I'll even bother.

george_us

Fuck man, why isn't the rest of the level design even half as amazing as Shattered Paradise? Jesus the game just took a monumental step up in the "awesome" department.

The_Monk

george_us said:
Fuck man, why isn't the rest of the level design even half as amazing as Shattered Paradise? Jesus the game just took a monumental step up in the "awesome" department.

I agree. Great visuals there.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
george_us, can you spoiler tag stuff? I know I'm being anal but I'm probably not the only one who has just had
Jack being back
ruined for them on this page

Wtf, my friend and I have been playing the same games, yet somehow he just unlocked the Golden Gear..? I guess thats a glitch?

Also, still bummed the game didn't unlock my Thrashball Cole.

Hixx

Servers down? Keeps saying no suitable matches can be found, not even checking quality of any.

edit: nvm seems to just have been a hiccup. Then I get into Checkout for the first time since beta(!) and the game is over. It ticks over to Sandbar.

BRING BACK MY MATCHMAKING PROBLEM.

edit 2: yup, down, p2p now. Back to FIFA demo.

So when I try to play on my gamertag and it freezes my entire xbox when it says loading profile(which comes up right after you press start.) I went on another gamertag, one that hasn't played gears 3 yet, and it loads up fine. What is going on here? Is it cause the servers are down?

-PXG- said:
I'm convinced The Antitype is just bad at this game. Excuses excuses excuses. Yes there is annoying shit in this game. Every game has annoying shit. But if you're good, your team is good and utilize the options that are available to you, you should do fine.

People still use this argument?

"I love this game so you must just be bad at it if you don't love it too."

Same fucking idiocy that fans of CoD say whenever somebody has the gall to say that each iteration feels incredibly similar to the last.

Grisby

TheOddOne said:
Gears 3 is the real sequel to the first Gears. Fact.

I find it funny that I kind of agree. And I really really enjoyed 2. Could you even collect cog tags in 2? I don't remember the omen signs.

One thing thats a step down IMO though is the music. I couldn't remember one track from the campaign out side
the mad world instrumental.
I started to enjoy Act 5's track near the end,
the Gears theme
but that wasn't even a really good rendition of it.

snack

Gowans007 said:
What's the educated guesses for the season pass content? I have the points tempting me.
It'll includes the game's first four add-on packs. As for the content itself, I heard it may be SP campaign missions and new MP maps.

charsace

Something funny that I've seen is that people think the australian accents are bad and fake. I looked up the voice actors for those parts and they are australians. What makes this even funnier is that people from australia are saying the accents are fake.

snack said:
It'll includes the game's first four add-on packs. As for the content itself, I heard it may be SP campaign missions and new MP maps.
I'm holding out on purchasing hoping some more information comes out. Don't really feel comfortable dropping that much money without knowing exactly what I'm getting.

Gowans

striKeVillain! said:
I'm holding out on purchasing hoping some more information comes out. Don't really feel comfortable dropping that much money without knowing exactly what I'm getting.
Same, it's rare I have that many points at once waiting around. Just wanted to check before they dissapear on something else.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
TheOddOne said:
Gears 3 is the real sequel to the first Gears. Fact.
I felt Gears 2 really just got it wrong. The whole focus on bigger battles at longer distances just didn't make sense. I mean how many stupid reaver fights does that game have?

This game so far is pretty imaginative and varied. And I'm not underground 80% of the time. I approve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom