• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigswords

A question in the story.

Why did Dom have to die? In the end they went to Griffin's place for fuel (to refill the truck, bet this was just filler for the game). At the submarine station there was fuel there to refuel the submarine. So was Dom's death was in vain?

Goddamn, I just got 11000 points in KOTH and went up damn near a full rank from 49 through 50. You get a stupid amount of XP in that mode

edit: also, holy FUCK is the Retro good in KOTH

alphaNoid

Banned
MCXC Pioneer said:
I haven't been able to get into standard Horde games for like 2 days, is anyone else experiencing problems connecting?
Ultimately no, but I do notice it takes upwards to 3 or 4 'attempts' during the connection process. But I've always connected w/o issue.

joat217

Neo Member
does anyone wish that they still had the whole epic history unlocks
like unlocking things from shadow complex and bulletstorm.

Kimosabae

Banned
So, even though I've bought each game, I've never gotten into the MP. I was never big on third-person perspectives so I'd just beat the SP and trade it in. I think I'm going to give this one an effort, though.

So my question is: what does Gears look like at a high-level? What makes MP tick, competitively? Is MLG still the dominant forum for looking into the mechanics/tactics etc. of MP?

LosDaddie

Banned
Marleyman said:
Hey man, I got pretty far on my own considering the teammates I had are never on. I might want to go through it again though; I will hit you up this week after 9.

MjFrancis said:
Add me, Sage MjFrancis. No guarantees just yet, but I've been looking to play through the campaign one act at a time 4 player co-op (or at least 2 players, lol). This week would be great. Each Act is in a small enough chunk that 1 1/2 - 2 hours a night might work well. Be done by Friday, maybe?

I'm looking to play on Insane, though, but since we can each choose our own difficulties that should work fine. I don't die too much on Insane. I'm on the West Coast, but 6:00pm works for me.

K' Dash said:
I'm available, I need to do it again on Insane :)

GT: K DashCR

I'd need the GMT time you're going to be online.

Alright, guys. I'll be getting online here in about 10min

I will say, playing with close friends and Gaffers beats the snot out of playing with randoms. Having them quit on you sucks in Horde/Beast.

Tobe

Adam Blade said:
I will say, playing with close friends and Gaffers beats the snot out of playing with randoms. Having them quit on you sucks in Horde/Beast.
oh god yes this x1000000000000000 , playing with a random team sucks, i learned that lesson today the hard way koth with people going for the kill instead of capturing the base is just retarded.

Adam Blade said:
Thanks, PXG and company. Appreciated it.

Beast on Insane is definitely fun and easy with a full crew and enough money.

Yeah it was fun.

I had fun rocking KotH before as well. Versus is so much more enjoyable with a group with mics.

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been tackled, but I had a buddy join my campaign, and every time he goes down he dies instantly. Is it supposed to work that way? Are we supposed to join some other way so that doesn't happen? Please help me out.

joat217

Neo Member
Conciliator said:
Hey guys, I'm sure this has been tackled, but I had a buddy join my campaign, and every time he goes down he dies instantly. Is it supposed to work that way? Are we supposed to join some other way so that doesn't happen? Please help me out.

Are you playing on insane?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
What the hell. The flame skin for my retro lancer disappeared. This happen to anyone else?

Conciliator said:
NM, he had the setting to insane while I had hardcore! That was weird. Thanks guys!

If you're playing on arcade mode you don't go down, just die. Make sure you're playing on standard.

Plasmid

vitaminwateryum said:
What the hell. The flame skin for my retro lancer disappeared. This happen to anyone else?

Been reading about this, apparently there's no real way to fix it as far as i know.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
if anyone is playing team deathmatch or warzone right now, send me an invite

gt = DreamVsPS2

Finally got to play Beast mode , couldn't find/ get connected to a match since last Tuesday 0_o.

Was really fun and I loved playing as the centipede B^)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
vitaminwateryum said:

If you're playing on arcade mode you don't go down, just die. Make sure you're playing on standard.

Oh shit, really? I was playing on insane arcade, I thought the instant death was just for insane or something.

Fallacy

Neo Member
Papercuts said:
Oh shit, really? I was playing on insane arcade, I thought the instant death was just for insane or something.
It is for insane. You can get picked up in arcade mode. Insane is the only mode where you instantly die.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Fallacy said:
It is for insane. You can get picked up in arcade mode. Insane is the only mode where you instantly die.

Ah, ok, nevermind that then. Did my insane run on arcade, figured it was arcade mode causing it.

I'm down for some games as well. GT: Vitaminwateryum

2th

Banned
been raping kids with an old Gear 2 buddy of mine. For all the hate the DBS gets, it is pretty easy to counter if you know what you are doing.

rObit

Banned
Just got the game so I'll probably be pretty bad, but if anyone wants to play and not take it too seriously (I'm down for whatever gametype) my GT is The Audio Pulse

MjFrancis

I was dying like crazy in Insane. Dang gunkers. Maybe I'll pass on trying to co-op on that difficulty level.

Sorry to my party, I tried. :(

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
The Antitype said:
What the hell is the difference between the Carmine you unlock at level 30-something and the one you unlock and leve SEVENTY-FUCKING-FIVE?!

The first is from Gears 3, the other from Gears 2, and the one at 75 is from Gears 1.

Loving the multiplayer.

I'm not sure if I'm good or everyone else sucks (99% sure its the latter), but I've been absolutely beasting. Never took Gears 1/2 online and I just went 11-1. Feels good, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom