• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genesis Knight said:
Arctic is saying the Lancer is the best rifle? Dang, I was just getting the hang of the Hammerburst.

You really can't go wrong with either the Lancer or the Hammerburst. Both are great, great rifles. And have such a nice looking Gold skin for free!

I wanna work on my Hammerburst game, but my trigger finger is low tier :(

Walshicus

Superimposer said:
First, you spoiler tag it. Then, you shoot it enough times.
What possible spoiler could you get from the name?

Anyway, playing three player co-op on Hardcore - we've got to the first checkpoint with it, but keep getting killed by the fucker. Have breezed through the game so far, but this boss just seems pretty poorly designed; not fun at all.

K' Dash

Sir Fragula said:
Okay, Lambent Zerker - how the fuck do you beat this thing?

In my experience, it's better to do it solo, I did it with randoms yesterday and people were shouting insults after the 10th attempt, lol.

Hixx

Can someone explain the problem with the Zerker to me? I thought it was a cool fight but, much like the last boss, went on a bit too long considering it was quite easy and basically consisted of one tactic repeated over and over.

Sir Fragula said:
Anyway, playing three player co-op on Hardcore - we've got to the first checkpoint with it, but keep getting killed by the fucker. Have breezed through the game so far, but this boss just seems pretty poorly designed; not fun at all.
When the ribcage opens up and glows, shoot it. Stay out of it's way and avoid any leaked immulsion. Rinse and repeat for the win.

That's actually the key to Gears 3: Shoot the glowing bits.

NullPointer said:
When the ribcage opens up and glows, shoot it. Stay out of it's way and avoid any leaked immulsion. Rinse and repeat for the win.

That's actually the key to Gears 3: Shoot the glowing bits.
Video games in general: shoot the glowing bits.

K' Dash

HixxSAFC said:
Can someone explain the problem with the Zerker to me? I thought it was a cool fight but, much like the last boss, went on a bit too long considering it was quite easy and basically consisted of one tactic repeated over and over.

No problem, great boss, intense and creepy, I liked it.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I'm convinced the lambent bezerker battle was thought of after the devs watched Tron

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
I should say that I've got past that part which I was being all spoilery about, so it doesn't affect me personally. I just know that I read about that on here and didn't want to know what was coming in the campaign and that was unfortunately ruined for me. If others don't mind that's fine, but personally I wouldn't want to know about campaign bosses beforehand.

Damn.

Well, if you can't beat a boss on Wave 50, just die over and over until you get the Brumak. First time I've ever seen one in Horde mode, and he was a PANSY.

Ballistik

-PXG- said:
Yeah.

If you have pros complaining about it, you know something is up.

Fix it Epic.
Hey you should set up a time for customs. I don't want to miss them.

As always, anyone can send me invites to play MP. I'm on the first tag and I'm online a lot.

-PXG-

Ballistik said:
Hey you should set up a time for customs. I don't want to miss them.

As always, anyone can send me invites to play MP. I'm on the first tag and I'm online a lot.

I'm on now and will be for the rest of the night. I'm starting my ridic customs on Thursday.

Err, I just played a few standard MP games and killed everyone using only the Lancer. And was MVP repeatedly - no bots either!

Feels good knowing there are people even worse than me at this game out there, lol.

The Antitype said:
Damn.

Well, if you can't beat a boss on Wave 50, just die over and over until you get the Brumak. First time I've ever seen one in Horde mode, and he was a PANSY.
Haha yes. I was playing Horde on Old Town earlier and the game spawned a Brumak at the top ink grenade spawn, right under the archway. The Brumak was pathetically stuck in there and couldn't do shit, I almost felt bad killing it.

Gunkers and Armored Kantus, on the other hand... ugh.

I've pissed all over the SOS with good reason, but I will say that Epic did a DAMN FINE job balancing all three assault rifles in this game.

I've already racked up a gold medal on assists with the lancer. It's so good at cover fire and downing people, but the actual kill count with it seems lower than the HB at range and the Retro up close.

Seth Balmore said:
Haha yes. I was playing Horde on Old Town earlier and the game spawned a Brumak at the top ink grenade spawn, right under the archway. The Brumak was pathetically stuck in there and couldn't do shit, I almost felt bad killing it.

Gunkers and Armored Kantus, on the other hand... ugh.

Yeah. I've beaten all 50 waves on Overpass and Sandbar, but in the entirety of those games we never saw a Brumak. Never died on a boss round before though, so maybe it's a freebie to help teams that are struggling?

Darklord said:
Pardon my ignorance but how do you get bronze, silver, gold and onyx medals? Are they just certain kinds of medals or what?

They are the four levels of every medal. Onyx is the highest.

Stat Flow said:
Nothing he was doing in that video looked like fun. I'll take fun over winning when it comes to Gears any day.

Yes! I don't play Gears to win or farm kills. I only want to have fun with weapons that require skill and I like CQC with skillful and fair people. Spamming Lancer every once in a while when you need to get people out of the zone in KOTH is one thing, but using it for everything...

Anyway, I'm too tired to play tonight, have fun guys!

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Sorry guys I was playing with some work colleagues and they're kinda n00by so dont think they could roll with you lot, hell I doubt I can. Definitely interested in joining the EU tag though and playing with Gaffers.

Weird glitch - I was rocking the flaming retro lancer skin, can't remember how I unlocked it, but today it was locked again yet I still had it equipped.... I selected off of it and now its locked again.

Finished Beast mode, got a bunch of unlocks but when I went to check I actually lost something :( annoyed.

and today I finally got some success from the SOS. I can see why people hate it now. I got an awesome triple kill with it and finished someone off while I was at it for a quad kill.

but I dont think it tops my quad gnasher kill later on in the evening. 4 guys on the other side of the incendiary nades in drydock below the bridge. I throw a smoke onto the walkway, climb up and start wailing on them all. I down 2, I go down, team mate revives me so I get up down the others and finish them all off. So damn fun.

I still didn't really die to the SOS much and it got me killed a few times too. One bit of weirdness was in one game I'd be right on top of someone who's down shooting them with the shotgun and I'd get the sound that it makes when you can't kill someone. Like in execution when you hit someone who's down but you're too far away, that weird "kwoosh" sound.

Any idea what thats all about? I had someone awesome games tonight and then that one game I was freakishly bottom scorer. Called it a night at that.

-PXG-

Adam Blade said:
Had a really rough day at work today. Does anyone want to do Beast on insane with me? :/

I'm down. I'm on. What's your GT?

Anyone else want to do Beast on Insane, I'm hosting right now.

-PXG- said:
Which GAF tag are you on, if any.

You can join my room through the message I sent. It's open to public.

I tried getting into GAF IV, but I guess it's now GAF 4?

I dunno.

Message on XBL? If so, I don't see it.

-PXG-

Adam Blade said:
I tried getting into GAF IV, but I guess it's now GAF 4?

I dunno.

Message on XBL? If so, I don't see it.

I sent another. Just view my profile and it you should be able to join. I'd add you, but my FL is full at the moment.

Ballistik

-PXG- said:
I'm on now and will be for the rest of the night. I'm starting my ridic customs on Thursday.
Well I'll be online at 8pm PST. Planning to hit at least 60 tonight.

-PXG- said:
I sent another. Just view my profile and it you should be able to join. I'd add you, but my FL is full at the moment.
Man I love how GAF invaded my friends list. Hit 35 friends online last night, over 20 of those being Gears 3. Crazy awesome.

-PXG- said:

No worries about that. I still don't see a message yet though. Are you sending it to my username with a space between the two words? That's the way it's spelled, not one word.

-PXG-

Adam Blade said:
No worries about that. I still don't see a message yet though. Are you sending it to my username with a space between the two words? That's the way it's spelled, not one word.

Yes, I am.

EDIT

I sent you an invite. No reason why you can't join now. I have an open NAT.

-PXG- said:
Yeah.

If you have pros complaining about it, you know something is up.

Fix it Epic.
In that same video arCtiC went 22 and 2. So, if it weren't for those two SOS deaths, he would have gone 24 and 0. I can see how the SOS is really screwing up his game - or is it possible the good players can adapt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom