• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
Seth Balmore said:
[*]Foreshadowing – As RAAM, execute Minh 10 times in Versus MP (Standard or Casual). (25 points)
lol

rest of the achievements are meh. and kim is the only one i care about in Zeta, others range from "who cares?" to "who?"

alexel

Lunchbox said:
lol

rest of the achievements are meh. and kim is the only one i care about in Zeta, others range from "who cares?" to "who?"

Stop showing yourself as offline so you can sneakily play Modern Warfare behind our backs

alexel said:
Stop showing yourself as offline so you can sneakily play Modern Warfare behind our backs

Seriously. You think you're so sneaky with your offline status trying to hide your shame from playing other shooters besides Gears 3.

*continues playing Halo and Rayman Origins*

2San

Haven't been playing in a while, but stuff was kinda laggy. Are dedi's down? Still played some some decent matches though.

My current personal rankings of the online games I'm playing atm:
Gears 3>BF3(PC)>MW3(x360)>BF3(x360).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
2San said:
Haven't been playing in a while, but stuff was kinda laggy. Are dedi's down? Still played some some decent matches though.

Current rankings of the online games I'm playing atm:
Gears 3>BF3(PC)>MW3(x360)>BF3(x360).

Yup they're down - connections are still great though, and I know I'm not host, since people quit when they get their asses whooped and then host migration happens.

2San

Skilotonn said:
Yup they're down - connections are still great though, and I know I'm not host, since people quit when they get their asses whooped and then host migration happens.
Figured as much, some matches where definitely better then others. Still there's a special kind of nostalgic feeling in shooting someone and screaming "wtf why isn't he dead?!" and seeing him explode a second later.

Lunchbox

Banned
alexel said:
brah im moving apartments, no internet till friday (maybe thursday night). have to post from school or wifi spots :(

make sure you get everyone back on gears for thanksgiving break, even greatwhitebuffalo

Lima

So every DLC will have 250GS.

Interesting...

This would mean it is the first 2k GS game on xbox. Not following their own rules, yeah that is the MS I know.

Montresor

I was hoping for an achievement for beating the campaign DLC on insane without the super reload or instagib mutators.

Aside from that, it's lovely list. I can't wait for the new DLC.

Montresor

Some of these fans on the official epic forums are so awesome. This image one of them made cracked me up.

o7VUk.png

Link to the post

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles based on unique users for week of November 7, 2011
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
3. Battlefield 3
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
5. Gears of War 3
6. FIFA '12
7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
8. Halo: Reach
9. Madden NFL '12
10. Grand Theft Auto IV
11. Batman: Arkham City
12. Forza Motorsport 4
13. NBA 2K12
14. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
15. FIFA '11
16. Halo 3
17. NHL '12
18. NCAA Football '12
19. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
20. Call of Duty: World at War

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
AnEternalEnigma said:
Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles based on unique users for week of November 7, 2011
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
3. Battlefield 3
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
5. Gears of War 3
6. FIFA '12
7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
8. Halo: Reach
9. Madden NFL '12
10. Grand Theft Auto IV
11. Batman: Arkham City
12. Forza Motorsport 4
13. NBA 2K12
14. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
15. FIFA '11
16. Halo 3
17. NHL '12
18. NCAA Football '12
19. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
20. Call of Duty: World at War

LOL saw that coming.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
_dementia said:
So I hear CoD is popular.

Pretty ridiculous at this point. The amount of people playing the older versions is STILL higher than games that just released.

That's fucking nuts.

Shit, even COD 4 and W@W are still on the list.

Alienshogun said:
Pretty ridiculous at this point. The amount of people playing the older versions is STILL higher than games that just released.

That's fucking nuts.

Shit, even COD 4 and W@W are still on the list.

Yeah, blows my mind/annoys the shit out of me.

Being a big metal fan, I feel as if GoW3 is somewhat the 'metal of the video game world'; unique, perceived as overly strange/foreign by noobs and requiring a considerable amount of effort in terms of devotion of time and maintaining an open-mind in order to truly appreciate and enjoy (which is fucking idiotic in itself, because all metal is the use of raw instruments, rather than the bastardized crap that the kids call "music" these days).

CoD is the dubstep; the R'n'B; the pop; the nu-metal.

/elitist douchebag.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
mickcenary said:
Yeah, blows my mind/annoys the shit out of me.

Being a big metal fan, I feel as if GoW3 is somewhat the 'metal of the video game world'; unique, perceived as overly strange/foreign by noobs and requiring a considerable amount of effort in terms of devotion of time and maintaining an open-mind in order to truly appreciate and enjoy (which is fucking idiotic in itself, because all metal is the use of raw instruments, rather than the bastardized crap that the kids call "music" these days).

CoD is the dubstep; the R'n'B; the pop; the nu-metal.

/elitist douchebag.

Aww, I love dubstep, in fact, I work out to dubstep.

malfcn

I have been having an annoying time with the sniper lately. I am aiming in one spot, zoom and it is aim in a completely different location. What gives?

Ballistik

malfcn said:
I have been having an annoying time with the sniper lately. I am aiming in one spot, zoom and it is aim in a completely different location. What gives?
This should of been addressed, but I guess nobody really vocalized it enough.

You're aiming in one spot, and when you scope in, it zooms in to a spot a couple of degrees below where you were looking. Pretty annoying, and encourages me to just try to no scope because of the unreliability sometimes.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
malfcn said:
Once again, fuck randoms. All my friends already abandoned this game, so I get to lose :p

I don't think anyone has really abandoned it, there's just a lot of new shit out right now.

You shouldn't expect everyone to just play one game all the time bud.

Alienshogun said:
I don't think anyone has really abandoned it, there's just a lot of new shit out right now.

Exactly. For me it's Skyrim + backlog + backlog exponentially increasing with good games that I can't play because of Skyrim. Gears is still and will remain my goto multiplayer shooter (as long as Alpha playlist is around).

Alienshogun said:
Aww, I love dubstep, in fact, I work out to dubstep.
When I went to the gym on Tuesday, I heard dubstep playing over the sound system in there and became instantly agitated. Thank goodness I had my ipod!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Maddog said:
If that was true then you would think these games would say multiple platforms too.

G7spA.png

i thought the same but its strange that the gears one says that.

i know cliffy debunked rumors of gears on pc earlier but it all is strange

Hootie

Just picked this up from Best Buy. $35 for the game and 800 ms points? I'll take it.

Can't play until Thanksgiving break when I head back home for a few days though...
eBxjF.jpg

Ballistik

It's ridiculous how low the numbers are for this game :/ Ranked Warzone showed 19 people. Pretty much all but TDM and Koth had under 1,000.

I thought the September release date would be enough to keep Gears 3 population numbers afloat during the November onslaught, guess not... I wonder how the game would've fared with its original April release date (at the expense of no beta).

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Ballistik said:
It's ridiculous how low the numbers are for this game :/ Ranked Warzone showed 19 people. Pretty much all but TDM and Koth had under 1,000.

that's only people in your area. I don't know how close they mean but when I got the game a day early I had 0 people in my area and a few hundred worldwide. The matches I joined all seemed to be fine so I don't know if it makes that much difference.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, I'm liking the thinning out of the community. In the beginning when I tried to get on Hoard it took forever. Now, I find a group of people immediately. Unfortunately, people leaving early is still a problem. Looking forward to social horde being implemented.

LosDaddie

Banned
Gears-GAF: Let's do some Horde Mode tonight. Insane difficulty with Mutators on. I have the Super Reload and Instagib Melee mutators.

I'm thinking ~10pm EST tonight and go for as long as Waves 1-50 take. My only requirement is to not play on the Thrashball map. I've played on it enough.

Let me know. I'll check back here later today before I'm about to hop on XBL. I hope we can get a group of 5 GAFers together.

GT: LosDaddie

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
One of the best maps I've found for horde is good ol' faithful Blood Drive. Set up one base at the top of the stairs. And another down where the hospital beds are. It provides good flanking protection, especially with the numbers of fortications you can put down in the hospital bedroom.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ballistik said:

Holy shit, really? That's how Reach looked the other day too.

MjFrancis

LosDaddie said:
Gears-GAF: Let's do some Horde Mode tonight. Insane difficulty with Mutators on. I have the Super Reload and Instagib Melee mutators.

I'm thinking ~10pm EST tonight and go for as long as Waves 1-50 take. My only requirement is to not play on the Thrashball map. I've played on it enough.
Dang, I was hoping you were going to say Saturday, the family will be out and I don't have anything on the agenda. Did you guys get through Act III Chapter V last night? I was happy to have helped for the portions we were able to get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom