• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
LosDaddie said:
Gears-GAF: Let's do some Horde Mode tonight. Insane difficulty with Mutators on. I have the Super Reload and Instagib Melee mutators.

I'm thinking ~10pm EST tonight and go for as long as Waves 1-50 take. My only requirement is to not play on the Thrashball map. I've played on it enough.

Let me know. I'll check back here later today before I'm about to hop on XBL. I hope we can get a group of 5 GAFers together.

GT: LosDaddie
I might be interested in this. If so I'll try to convince one of my IRL friends and fellow gaffer to join.

LosDaddie

Banned
Aw damn, I just remembered the GAF downtime starting at 6pm EST.

So, I'll check here around 4pm EST to see who wants to join in on the fun.

SEnd me a FR on XBL, or post your GT here and I'll send one to you.

LosDaddie said:

adversity1, but I'll only be up at 9 pm EST at the earliest (I'm in Japan). Would love to get in on this Horde chaos. I've got Silverback rockets unlocked and most fortifications at highest levels.

Maddog

LosDaddie said:

I'm actually not going to go away till tomorrow so I can join in if you want. Mad Haxor as you probably already know.

Bulletmarsh Preview - feeling the Gears1 nostalgia
MP_BulletMarsh1.jpg

Robot Pants

Nice. I'm glad its still at night. Was kinda expecting it to be daytime honestly. I see they added a ramp from the swamp to the boomshot now too. Could be good.

edit: Saw the video. And they redid the entire swamp section where the torque bow used to be. This actually looks BETTER than the original Bullet Marsh.

Robot Pants said:
Nice. I'm glad its still at night. Was kinda expecting it to be daytime honestly. I see they added a ramp from the swamp to the boomshot now too. Could be good.

edit: Saw the video. And they redid the entire swamp section where the torque bow used to be. This actually looks BETTER than the original Bullet Marsh.

Looks like it will function better. The map wasn't a favorite of mine back when it came out and it had to do with the top nade/boom spawn being the only place people really played. Rarely would people ever fight down in the marsh and the only reason to go down there was to retreat or follow/find the last opposing player.

zlatko

Banned
maxcer0081 said:
Looks like it will function better. The map wasn't a favorite of mine back when it came out and it had to do with the top nade/boom spawn being the only place people really played. Rarely would people ever fight down in the marsh and the only reason to go down there was to retreat or follow/find the last opposing player.

I'd always go the sneak path around to kill the enemy sniper while my go to buddy would grab our sniper. During those days we had active downs, so getting a boom shot didn't mean shit all. Its use was within the pick up area, or until the sniper of the other team was taken out so you could press forward to their sniper.

I feel the only thing that held that map from greatness was the constant getting out of the map, which was super easy to do just like it was on Subway.

zlatko said:
I'd always go the sneak path around to kill the enemy sniper while my go to buddy would grab our sniper. During those days we had active downs, so getting a boom shot didn't mean shit all. Its use was within the pick up area, or until the sniper of the other team was taken out so you could press forward to their sniper.

I feel the only thing that held that map from greatness was the constant getting out of the map, which was super easy to do just like it was on Subway.

yeah that annoyed me alot. I was also disappointed that the kryl trigger wasn't used all that much after the novelty wore off. Hopefully its a more viable tactic this time, maybe effecting more than just the sniper and torque spawns

LosDaddie

Banned
adversesolutions said:
adversity1, but I'll only be up at 9 pm EST at the earliest (I'm in Japan). Would love to get in on this Horde chaos. I've got Silverback rockets unlocked and most fortifications at highest levels.

Sent

Maddog said:
I'm actually not going to go away till tomorrow so I can join in if you want. Mad Haxor as you probably already know.

See you then.

_dementia said:
I might be interested in this. If so I'll try to convince one of my IRL friends and fellow gaffer to join.

Send me a FR if you want to join

LosDaddie

Banned
LosDaddie said:
Gears-GAF: Let's do some Horde Mode tonight. Insane difficulty with Mutators on. I have the Super Reload and Instagib Melee mutators.

I'm thinking ~10pm EST tonight and go for as long as Waves 1-50 take. My only requirement is to not play on the Thrashball map. I've played on it enough.

Let me know. I'll check back here later today before I'm about to hop on XBL. I hope we can get a group of 5 GAFers together.

GT: LosDaddie

Anybody else want to join tonight? Let me know, or just send me a FR on XBL

MjFrancis said:
Dang, I was hoping you were going to say Saturday, the family will be out and I don't have anything on the agenda. Did you guys get through Act III Chapter V last night? I was happy to have helped for the portions we were able to get through.

I might try to get another Horde game going tomorrow, too. And yeah, Haxor & I finished it. Kinda tough, but we did it.

skyfinch

LosDaddie said:

Can I join? I'm trying to get to level 50 since forever.

Tag is skyfinch. If you already have 5 members, thanks anyway.

LosDaddie

Banned
skyfinch said:
Can I join? I'm trying to get to level 50 since forever.

Tag is skyfinch. If you already have 5 members, thanks anyway.

I accepted your FR. :)

Looks like we have 5 GAFers now, but that may change from now and ~10pm EST when we start.

Anyway, 'bout to sign off GAF. So if anybody else wants to join, send me a FR and if there's a spot open, you're more than welcome to join.

SEE YOU GUYS TONIGHT!

Montresor

LosDaddie said:
I accepted your FR. :)

Looks like we have 5 GAFers now, but that may change from now and ~10pm EST when we start.

Anyway, 'bout to sign off GAF. So if anybody else wants to join, send me a FR and if there's a spot open, you're more than welcome to join.

SEE YOU GUYS TONIGHT!

I'm gonna be on now, gamertag is LordOdadjian. You'll see me playing Arkham City, but if you need a person for insane horde, let me know.

edit: Fuck, I really skimmed the thread way too fast and should have read carefully. You're not starting until 10pm eastern. I'm going out to watch Harold and Kumar later tonight and I'll probably be home at around 10:30p.m. The offer still stands though. I'll be on playing lots of Arkham City, so let me know if you see me online and you need a partner.

LosDaddie

Banned
Good games last night, Gears-GAF.

I'll probably have some free time today for another Horde run....Waves 1-50 if we can get a group of 5 again. Sometime in the afternoon. I have to help my neighbor with some electrical work in his house first.

I'll post here again, about 1hr before I'm ready, to try to get a group together.

Sorry I flaked out Los. I was playing with aforementioned friend/gaffer and there wasn't room for him.

Nah, it's cool. I figured that was the case.

skyfinch

Sorry I couldn't help much. The highest I've ever gone in horde is level 29 on casual. So the jump to insane was....insane, but fun as hell.
To tell you how inexperience I am, I didn't understand what you guys were doing by constantly firing off and reloading the turrets. Took me a while to figure it out. :D

LosDaddie, not sure if I can join today (UFC starts at 4pm, I think), but if you plan to make another run on Sunday, please shoot me an invite if you don't mind.

Thanks.

I'll probably have some free time today for another Horde run....Waves 1-50 if we can get a group of 5 again. Sometime in the afternoon. I have to help my neighbor with some electrical work in his house first.

I'll post here again, about 1hr before I'm ready, to try to get a group together.

Nah, it's cool. I figured that was the case.

Very much up for this, haven't managed to do a 1-50 run yet.

Maddog

I can probably play.

LosDaddie

Banned
Sorry, guys. I've been busy with family all day. I thought I'd be able to play earlier, but wasn't able to.

Might be able to get on XBL tonight though. Gonna be later.....like around 11pm EST. Tomorrow is looking much better. I should be free in the afternoon

2th

Banned
So I claim responsibility for Bullet Marsh coming back. Someone at Epic was totally listening to me. Yeah, that is totally why it came back. At least that is how it is in my mind. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom