• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
HawksWinStanley said:
So are we thinking that the remakes of the Gears 2 maps will be available with the release day title update? Or are they going to be one of the DLCs?

No.

November, and not even all of them.

This season pass is gonna be pretty shitty if all we get out of 4 DLC is remakes, lol.

Willeth said:
Heh. Just joined a party with a couple of friends and one of the first things one of them said was "so, Carmine and Cole are still alive." I was all WTF SPOILERS until I realised he was talking about the teams in the Wingman game they were playing.

lol.

Willeth

Heh. Just joined a party with a couple of friends and one of the first things one of them said was "so, Carmine and Cole are still alive." I was all WTF SPOILERS until I realised he was talking about the teams in the Wingman game they were playing.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
HawksWinStanley said:
So are we thinking that the remakes of the Gears 2 maps will be available with the release day title update? Or are they going to be one of the DLCs?

probably DLC

we weren't even suppose to know about Rust Lung and Azura. Apparently that footage was accidentally released by a marketing company or something.

Ballistik

HawksWinStanley said:
DLC for sure. Hopefully Rod addresses a LOT of things today in his stream.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
K' Dash said:
I'd never take the word of someone like that.

I'm available, btw :p

I have a few friends like that (some from my "un clan" that even played with PXG and me) who played the beta for a few matches and said "Yep, it's gears nothing special."

I think a blood vessel burst in my head that day.

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:
Yep, and with BF3/MW3 coming out this fall it won't take long to make all the rats jump ship.

Yep.

Requoting for new page.

I want to get a list of Gaffers who REALLY (like...REALLY REALLY) know their stuff and ready to go to work. If we're gonna represent GAF out there, we need the best of the best to show them how we do.

I know first hand that you, Ballistik, Jambi Bum, Kydd BlaZe and Dark FaZe have what it takes to win consistently and work as a team. We all have our own sets of friends and separate teams who also know how to tear it up. I really wish there was a built in theater mode, that way, we could show others how we play, how we work and where to go.

Ballistik said:
DLC for sure. Hopefully Rod addresses a LOT of things today in his stream.

Jambi mentioned that he will reveal the pricing for the weapon skins tonight.

der gun b a shitstorm.

Ballistik

-PXG- said:
I want to get a list of Gaffers who REALLY (like...REALLY REALLY) know their stuff and ready to go to work. If we're gonna represent GAF out there, we need the best of the best to show them how we do.

I know first hand that you, Ballistik, Jambi Bum, Kydd BlaZe and Dark FaZe have what it takes to win consistently and work as a team. We all have our own sets of friends and separate teams who also know how to tear it up. I really wish there was a built in theater mode, that way, we could show others how we play, how we work and where to go.
Hell yeah!! But really, I'm just ready to destroy everyone on GAF in customs ;)

-PXG-

GAF customs are gonna be Epic.

I will probably rock the Locust Queen before I unlock the Kantus (and before I end up buying Raam).

Look at dat ass while blast fools. Sounds good to me.

Plasmid

-PXG- said:

Jambi mentioned that he will reveal the pricing for the weapon skins tonight.

der gun b a shitstorm.
I did very well in the later ends of the beta. I usually play with a close knit group of friends but I'm always up to play if I'm free. I remember playing with everyone from GAF in the beta and thoroughly enjoying it.

Pretty much anytime people on the Gears 3 GAF tag got together in the Beta, with or without mics, it was a steamroll fest. :lol

Though I do remember one day where the servers were going crazy and it was a nightmare of Gears 2 proportions *shiver*

-PXG-

Ballistik said:
Hell yeah!! But really, I'm just ready to destroy everyone on GAF in customs ;)

You and your weird ass mouse movement. I had all three options turned up to 15. You were on some other shit. I don't know how you could look around so fast.

I played with G3T MON3Y and SHOT YOU HAHA last night. MON3Y challenged a friend and his crew to two Annex matches (one on MON3Y's host and one on his friend's). It was a massacre. The host on the other team is all over my nuts now. I just kept killing him, over and over again. No matter what their team did, they couldn't do a damn thing to us. They ended up forfeiting when they had host.

It was fun though. No one was mad.

Plasmid

Net_Wrecker said:
Pretty much anytime people on the Gears 3 GAF tag got together in the Beta, with or without mics, it was a steamroll fest. :lol

Though I do remember one day where the servers were going crazy and it was a nightmare of Gears 2 proportions *shiver*
I'm almost positive my first few games with PXG I dropped the scoreboard on him on accident :lol

Man, I've been lurking this thread since the beta, been waiting for my account to be activated so I can play with some good players, and low and behold they finally let me in!

My history with the game is similar to a lot of players here; loved Gears 1, got more and more frustrated with Gears 2 until I threw it away, and thought Gears 3 beta was like heaven on earth. I hope I can get some games with you guys, I'm so tired of playing with randoms who don't know how to communicate or play as a team :/

-PXG-

Plasmid said:
I'm almost positive my first few games with PXG I dropped the scoreboard on him on accident :lol

I killed my more teammates than enemies with that thing. I don't go under it or shoot at it anymore...

Raxus

-PXG- said:
Like Alien said, Gears is an entirely different beast. For one, it's not a FPS. That makes a huge difference. The cover system, the overall arcadey feel and the emphasis on CQC and team cooperation really throws people off. Throw in wallbouncing and hip firing (people are so accustomed to iron sights these days...), and it's no surprise that new players are overwhelmed. Oh yeah, and they're playing against people who've been doing this thing almost every day for nearly 5 years....

Gears 3 is a new game, with new mechanics, features, maps and weapons, but for some, at it's core, it will be another day at the office. It won't take that long to get used to the new stuff, especially for those who played the beta.
I will say that iron sites play a much larger roll this time around mostly thanks to the dedicated servers meaning you actually shoot what you aim at.

As far as shotguns go there was a very nice tutorial posted during the beta. It is less about how you use the shotgun and more about how you play and maneuver. Things you might not consider like right side advantage, maneuvering behind the enemy instead of running straight at their face, wall bouncing and utilizing the new dive mechanics.

Apart from that the distance game has been revamped so you can now peck away at enemies better with the lancer and hammerburst. Changes to the chainsaw and retro lancer make CQC a little more hectic. Dunno how to factor in the SOS into the equation since it is more or less a gnasher for babies and it destroys melee in the game.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:

Yeah, I'm sure we/our groups will eb and flow together from time to time. It really is a shame there is no theater mode, but what can you do.

Mikasangelos said:
I played with Alien during the BETA quite a bit and some other gaffers and we steam rolled cats.

Yeah, the guys I play with typically win, whether it's PXG, my buddies from the Epic forums (Ev0l's stream) or my friends from my "unclan."

If you get guys who will actually listen to eachother good things happen.

LosDaddie

Banned
UGH....just remembered that I have to be at a wedding next weekend, out of town. :( :(

Mikasangelos said:
I played with Alien during the BETA quite a bit and some other gaffers and we steam rolled cats.

Yes, it was a good time.

Volimar

The best thing you can do to help any new gears player is to go to the options and tinker with their controller sensitivities. Might take a while, but once they get a setting they're good with, they'll enjoy the game that much more.

iluvgames

Banned
taken from another forum

The first map pack for gears 3 gets confirmed next Tuesday, the day the game launches. It is a classic map pack featuring blood drive, jacinto, day 1, clocktower and river.

Go on youtube to find leaked preview footage.

link to this so called footage please if anyone can find it

Raxus

Volimar said:
The best thing you can do to help any new gears player is to go to the options and tinker with their controller sensitivities. Might take a while, but once they get a setting they're good with, they'll enjoy the game that much more.
It is nice there are 15 levels of sensitivity this time as opposed to low, medium, and high.

Volimar

iluvgames said:
taken from another forum

The first map pack for gears 3 gets confirmed next Tuesday, the day the game launches. It is a classic map pack featuring blood drive, jacinto, day 1, clocktower and river.

Charging for flashback map pack is going to create the hugest shitstorm ever on the official forums. They might as well just leave them offline for a week or so...

Raxus said:
It is nice there are 15 levels of sensitivity this time as opposed to low, medium, and high.

I liked high on gears one, but I couldn't find just the right fit on gears two...

-PXG-

iluvgames said:
taken from another forum

This x 1000000

When you find it, download it and rehost somewhere else before it gets taken down. This could be huge....if it's real.

OrangeOak

Volimar said:
Charging for flashback map pack is going to create the hugest shitstorm ever on the official forums. They might as well just leave them offline for a week or so...

Maybe it will be free map pack like flashback map pack ?

Raxus

Volimar said:
If Blood Drive is any indication most of these are basically new maps made from the skeleton of their Gears 2 counterparts. I think Epic learned to open up their maps more with multiple paths leading to central areas.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
OrangeOak said:
Maybe it will be free map pack like flashback map pack ?

instead of putting a card in the box? hopefully

I remember reading that the number of people who claimed the card in Gears 2 was really low and EPIC were quite surprised by that.

Plasmid

Blood drive? Alright.
Day one? Fuck off.
Jacinto? Neat.
River? YES.
Clocktower? OH MY FUCK YES. Fucking loved it.

Bring back Escalation & Process. I'll pay 1600 just for those 2.

Ballistik

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Raise your hand if you really wanted Day One back. Anybody? Hopefully its getting a real do-over like Blood Drive looked to be.
Maybe the guy who leaked it saw footage of it and thought it was Day one, but it really was Raven Down :O

Yeah that's a stretch. Anyways, I'm sure all of you are looking just like me, can't find anything on Youtube.

General RAAM skin and Clock Tower are two items worth money, there I said it.

Ballistik said:
Maybe the guy who leaked it saw footage of it and thought it was Day one, but it really was Raven Down :O
BEST GEARS MAP EVER, wonder how it would be with 5 on 5's

Raxus

Ballistik said:

Yeah that's a stretch. Anyways, I'm sure all of you are looking just like me, can't find anything on Youtube.
They are essentially the same map except Day One is much larger. If Epic is remaking Day One so I am sure they are going to open the map up even more (it really needs to be opened up).

OrangeOak

Raxus said:
They are essentially the same map except Day One is much larger and they are remaking it so I am sure they are going to open the map up even more (it really needs to be opened up).

They are essentially the same map except Day One sucks ass and Raven Down is the best map in Gears history :p

ShogunX

iluvgames said:
taken from another forum

Not going to lie that is a pretty hot Map Pack and as long as it's at maximum 400 points then I'm all good with paying for it. 800 Points would be a little bit harsh considering it's the launch day of the game and none of the maps are exactly brand new.

In other news - I hate Day 1 with a passion. Never won many matches on that map even with a decent team because of the tedious rush to the stairs or hide in the arcade scenarios that play at nearly every time.

Repgnar

Didn't Bungieware from Neogaf tell Rod Fergusson on twitter that he was disappointed that Epic was changing from the company that would give out a free map pack or something? Rod's reply was pretty much telling him that there may be crow in his future since we don't not what Epic's plans are. Maybe those 5 maps will be available next Tuesday with the announcement. Do most companies announce a future DLC map pack on the release of the game?

J-P

Neo Member
iluvgames said:
taken from another forum

Isn't he just saying that the map pack gets CONFIRMED next Tuesday, not released? Like basically they are just going to officially announce it?

Dmorr07 said:
Do most companies announce a future DLC map pack on the release of the game?

We already pre-ordering DLC, this just seems like the next logical step. We KNOW the DLC is coming, we prepaid for it, let's not pretend they just started working on it after the game came out/went gold.

Willeth

Dmorr07 said:
Didn't Bungieware from Neogaf tell Rod Fergusson on twitter that he was disappointed that Epic was changing from the company that would give out a free map pack or something? Rod's reply was pretty much telling him that there may be crow in his future since we don't not what Epic's plans are. Maybe those 5 maps will be available next Tuesday with the announcement. Do most companies announce a future DLC map pack on the release of the game?
Yeah, I was wondering this. I can't see them charging for a Flashback-style pack so soon after release when Gears 2's was free.

It depends on what they interpreted people not using the map pack codes as - not knowing it was there, not caring it was there, expecting paid content, or what.

TRios Zen

Raxus said:
They are essentially the same map except Day One is much larger. If Epic is remaking Day One so I am sure they are going to open the map up even more (it really needs to be opened up).

While I hear what you are saying the changes they DID make, make Day 1 SO not comparable to Raven Down.

The draw of Raven Down (IMO) was the immediate action you were thrown in the and relative lack of power weapons (only grenades if I recall correctly). So it was a quick battle with only a few power weapons to worry about.

The verticality of Day 1, elongated and maze like spawn sides and power weapon additions take away everything I would say was special about Raven Down.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Jacinto and Clocktower would be pretty hype if true, especially after looking at how DAMN good Blood Drive looks right now.

As for Day One, I can't ever even recall losing on that map, me and my boys always dominate on it so I have no problems with that.

Smeghead

Maybe there gonna release them for free to lube up the proverbial asshole for when people grab ankles for the weapon skins and season pass.

Willeth

Smeghead said:
Maybe there gonna release them for free to lube up the proverbial asshole for when people grab ankles for the weapon skins and season pass.
I don't know if the Season Pass is grabbing ankles. It's a gamble on if you'll still be playing multiplayer in a year but I'd bet that most people will know that by the time the first pack's out.

Lothars

Smeghead said:
If they come through and the content is signifant than I have no problems paying for the season pass, I will be playing this for several years anyway.

pr0cs

So do we have a definitive 'yay or nay' on the season's pass thing?

I need to know if I need to pick up a points card or not. I should have been more proactive, I despise paying full price for points cards but there are no sales on right now either.

Smeghead

Willeth said:
I don't know if the Season Pass is grabbing ankles. It's a gamble on if you'll still be playing multiplayer in a year but I'd bet that most people will know that by the time the first pack's out.
I'll probably get it since i like Gears so much, but i'm not keen on the idea of buying something when i don't know what the specifics are.

Plus the fact that a couple of the maps are already finished doesn't help.

It will probably be cleared up in due time.

AndyMoogle said:
The season pass is not going away. Ever. So, you really don't have to decide right away.

Does it stay the same price? If so that's not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom