• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballistik

I still only played on 10 for look sensitivity (that's "high" from Gears 2 right?)
I had 5 for Target and zoom sensitivity. (Medium)

I'm not really a high sensitivity kind of person, even though PXG swears I play with a mouse in Gears 2.

-PXG-

Ballistik said:
I still only played on 10 for look sensitivity (that's "high" from Gears 2 right?)

I'm not really a high sensitivity kind of person, even though PXG swears I play with a mouse in Gears 2.

Not in 2, in 3. Your movement was really fast when I was looking on your screen.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ballistik said:

As far as I'm concerned, the sensitivity (look) needs to be just high enough to keep up with a sprinter/roller mid roll. Anything past that is a bit overkill.

That said, I think 15 was exactly that in the Beta.

DaNcaKe

Sensitivity sliders go up to 20 now. Pretty sure that's an increase on the beta. Can't remember what my sensitivity was on there so I'll have to do a bit of trial and error.

Also, does anyone know if the sniper zooms in more in retail compared to beta? I swear it does but I've been playing Gears 2 so that might have clouded my memory.

One more q, when do the dedi's go up?

Plasmid said:
Blood drive, uploaded today.

I have it downloaded in case it gets taken down.

Iv seen that thought there was more footage, was never a fan of blood drive. new one looks Okay.

More on disc DLC. gee thanks EPIC!

Man, I can't wait for this game. A few months ago I couldn't have been more "meh" about it, but the hype got me after all. :lol

EDIT: Though replaying Gears 2 has me hoping it avoids stupid setpieces like the Riftworm. ><

I keep running into that crazy guy who's already level 77. Well, more like he's in every frigging match I join no matter what time of day it is.

Gears of War 3: How far will you go to be the first level 100? o_O

Lima

Seth Balmore said:
I keep running into that crazy guy who's already level 77. Well, more like he's in every frigging match I join no matter what time of day it is.

Who cares? It is not like you get anything cool for it.

Ramirez

Seth Balmore said:

lol, wow, some people...

Plasmid

Seth Balmore said:

He's gotta get 100 in 4 days if he wants his omen and if it even stays after the leaderboards reset on the 20th.

Alienshogun said:
I doubt servers are even up yet bud.
Believe me, my experience these past 2 days was smooth as butter with no trace whatsoever of peer to peer BS.

There were also plenty of times were I would get put in a match will all bots and there were plenty of signs of being off-host: a very slight ping, grenades not twirling in the air, etc.

I just wish we had a sure fire way to know what the servers' status is instead of resorting to guesswork. :/

Willeth

-PXG- said:
Yes. Sometime Monday.
I guess I'll have to keep an eye out, as mine will probably show up Monday afternoon BST. I assume just like Gears 2 I'll have to dashboard and re-load for the reset to take effect and I don't want to be earning XP after they do it that'll just get wiped.

LOL now instead of people complaining about host advantage, they're complain about geological location advantage and how close you are to the current dedicated server.

"Aw c'mon I fuckin' shot that guy, freakin' geological location advantage, man!"

Hmm...doesn't roll off the tongue like "host" does, we'll have to work on that.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Seth Balmore said:
Believe me, my experience these past 2 days was smooth as butter with no trace whatsoever of peer to peer BS.

There were also plenty of times were I would get put in a match will all bots and there were plenty of signs of being off-host: a very slight ping, grenades not twirling in the air, etc.

I just wish we had a sure fire way to know what the servers' status is instead of resorting to guesswork. :/

Well that's good then, but yeah, I agree, there should be an indicator on if servers are up or not.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
LOL now instead of people complaining about host advantage, they're complain about geological location advantage and how close you are to the current dedicated server.

"Aw c'mon I fuckin' shot that guy, freakin' geological location advantage, man!"

Back in the day we just called them LPBs (Low ping bastards).

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:
Well that's good then, but yeah, I agree, there should be an indicator on if servers are up or not.

In the beta a messaged popped up whenever the servers were down. But there should be a persistent indicator somewhere on the menu that tells when they're up in your region.

Plasmid

Seth Balmore said:

In the beta it told us when the servers were down.

iluvgames

Banned
CyReN said:
Maybe you've been watching the wrong thing of his but he has a great podcast on G4 called Feedback.

i saw him on the evo stream a while ago that was enough, if i could dragon punch a guy it would be him

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
On the note of sensitivity, i think i've been default since my first game on the Xbox. I just never bother changing it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
In the beta a messaged popped up whenever the servers were down. But there should be a persistent indicator somewhere on the menu that tells when they're up in your region.

Yeah, I don't think they are doing that though. I think they are just going with the "we will tell you when it's down" thing, which I'm not a big fan of. Reassurance is a beautiful thing.

Messi

Sorry for the gears 2 question, but how the fuck are you supposed to get passed the first act of the 5th chapter. its driving me insane. the rockets keep killing me. its so annoying that i might actually stop.

LeonSKennedy90 said:

Well, during the beta it was very obvious that people from UK had an advantage over people from Sweden. We actually had better connections when the servers weren't up. Not that it really mattered in the end. Me and my friend were first and second in 95% of the games we played.

AndyMoogle said:
Well, during the beta it was very obvious that people from UK had an advantage over people from Sweden. We actually had better connections when the servers weren't up. Not that it really mattered in the end. Me and my friend were first and second in 95% of the games we played.

Im sorry but i doubt this is true, the servers for the game will likely be in the US. and UK download upload and ping are all greatly below what sweden can offer.

I play with a swedish guy most of the time and he and i where equal in the beta but really at this point unless something is going seriously wrong with a connection then everyone is on even ground in europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom