• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing most of the remade maps in Gears 2, I would rather they just make all new maps but I guess the profit margin would be much smaller on those due to the amount of work involved. Then again it could of just been the Gears 2 multiplayer in general that soured me on the flashback maps.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Raxus said:
Ugh, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many Gears of War 2 maps. Like 1 too many.

What is up with no Mansion? Canals? River over canals, really?

Day One is proof that Raven Down WILL NOT work with Gears the way it is (5 v 5 and new weapons).

At least Clocktower is back.

Hotel IS basically mansion. Look at the layout/cover.

-PXG-

At first I was disappointed by the Blood Drive news, but after seeing it for myself, it looks really good. Hopefully the other rumored Gears 2 remakes are just as good.

Vire

-PXG- said:
At first I was disappointed by the Blood Drive news, but after seeing it for myself, it looks really good. Hopefully the other rumored Gears 2 remakes are just as good.
Link please?

kuYuri

Grabbed Savage Theron avatar, hope no one else had it.

And wow, that list of unlocks in the OP is insane. I thought I was going to full special having Gold HB and Lancer at beginning (have them in Gears 2), but looks like a ton of people are gonna have them too first week, lol.

At least I will feel more special having Chrome and Gold Sawed-Off.

Rodelero

Don't want to come across as a soulless advertiser but just wanted to make you guys all aware of a competition we're holding for UK/Euro residents to win this:

c11-GOW-Front-White-580x564.jpg

It's as simple as leaving a comment about which character in the Gears universe you'd like to be on the blog below - why not roll the dice really!

Competition:
http://nextgengamingblog.com/blog/gears-of-war-3-vault-competition/

Info about this 'vault' (very cool - lights up when you get downed)
http://www.calibur11.co.uk/products/calibur11-vaults/xbox-360-vault-gears-of-war-3.htm

thezerofire said:
Anyone know if Amazon is joining this send-out-the-game-early thing?
They send it out just early enough for you to receive it on release day.

Some people on the west coast get it a day early in rare cases.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rodelero said:
Don't want to come across as a soulless advertiser but just wanted to make you guys all aware of a competition we're holding for UK/Euro residents to win this:

http://nextgengamingblog.com/files/2011/09/c11-GOW-Front-White-580x564.jpg[img]

It's as simple as leaving a comment about which character in the Gears universe you'd like to be on the blog below - why not roll the dice really!

Competition:
[url]http://nextgengamingblog.com/blog/gears-of-war-3-vault-competition/[/url]

Info about this 'vault' (very cool - lights up when you get downed)
[url]http://www.calibur11.co.uk/products/calibur11-vaults/xbox-360-vault-gears-of-war-3.htm[/url][/QUOTE]
Wow, this is a pretty awesome casemod.

Lights up when you get downed too? Epic must've helped out a ton, huh. Very cool.

Superimposer said:
Found an eBay item which will be delivered tomorrow, and it was cheaper than most pre-orders, so I guess I scored.

When new games come out, it's all about checking 'newly listed' and refreshing all day
Link? I'm only finding ones that are delivering on the 20th :/

Moofers

Man that limited edition is weak as fuck. No steelbook? Dumb sprocket? About 5 sheets of paper with noise on them? No thanks.

cresto

So we already have confirmed that we are getting remakes in DLC? So basically we are paying extra for a reskinned map? God damn it, I fucking hate this trend. DLC should never EVER be rehashed maps. I know they did this with the snowblind map pack, but I was just as upset with it then too.

WHY EPIC, WHY?!

Looking at the giant bomb campaign preview on the review page, it looks like under the campaign there is standard, arcade, and then something called coming soon? Does this essentially confirm DLC for SP/Co-Op??

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
ergo said:
Looks like you can still down people with the SOS...

http://youtu.be/ATwc5CuJoZs?t=2m33s

It doesn't down a full-health character on its own any more - the guy he downed was just in a fight with someone, he was still damaged by the time the Sawed-Off guy came up.

Edit: Scratch that, he downed someone a bit after that and got full points - maybe the day one update is going to remove that then, along with changing the Veteran Gear unlocks.

I like it. I really like the game. Would be much more awesome to play through it with friends, but I want to finish it so I can't get spoiled.

I'm playing the SP on Hardcore. Am I doing it right?

Hypertrooper said:
I like it. I really like the game. Would be much more awesome to play through it with friends, but I want to finish it so I can't get spoiled.

I'm playing the SP on Hardcore. Am I doing it right?
Most definitely. When you beat it on Hardcore, Insane will be unlocked and at that point I suggest trying Insane in co-op.

Ballistik

ergo said:
Ballistik, are you heading back to school next week? I'm done done and done!!!! Now I can put all my focus into gears of war - and finding a real job, of course

-Freight Train68 (still not sure while I settled for this retarded forum handle).
Wow Congrats! You made it out! Are you staying around the area to look for a job?

and yeah I am going back, it's my 3rd year. Move in day for the Village is this Tuesday. Won't even be able to play Gears since I'll be driving back and settling in.

I want to play the campaign so bad, not a fan of the multiplayer so I'm sure if I'll pick this up at launch.

So wait the LE's case isn't a steelbook? The video linked shows a clear plastic case, unless I'm blind.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ergo said:
Looks like you can still down people with the SOS...

http://youtu.be/ATwc5CuJoZs?t=2m33s

He was probably already hurt.

They already said it will only down if there is prior damage. Otherwise it will only kill or put damage on the player.

Skilotonn said:
It doesn't down a full-health character on its own any more - the guy he downed was just in a fight with someone, he was still damaged by the time the Sawed-Off guy came up.

Edit: Scratch that, he downed someone a bit after that and got full points - maybe the day one update is going to remove that then, along with changing the Veteran Gear unlocks.

I'm hoping that guy was already hit.

Edit: Nope, never mind 110 points.

Guess it's official, SOS still downs.

buttonsmasher

Neo Member
Got my copy late last night from a guy that had six copies (no idea where the leak came from) and ended up playing up to Act 3 on Hardcore with a buddy. Had to stop cause I had work, but I'm sooooo ready to finish this tonight. sogood.gif
CyReN said:
I wish Epic would have done something like CoD Black Ops Emblem creator on the weapons themselves to create custom stuff.
Haha, me too. I love all the offensive things people come up with.

cresto

Ballistik said:
Wow Congrats! You made it out! Are you staying around the area to look for a job?

and yeah I am going back, it's my 3rd year. Move in day for the Village is this Tuesday. Won't even be able to play Gears since I'll be driving back and settling in.
Leave early! You should be able to set up everything and be on my later that night, no? I hate move in day...

Im staying in the LA area. Hopefully I can find a job somewhere local but I'll go wherever they want to give me a job. Screw it, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom