• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Not sure if MS will have my tag fixed during Gears launch week, so if i'm not on...dont remove me from Gears GAF 1.

EDIT: What is wallbouncing anyway? I want to say I was good at Gears 1, didnt play 2 all that much online, and held my own in 3 beta...but i've only seen the technique mentioned here.

Veelk

Banned
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I just checked my order on Amazon. I somehow ordered the normal edition on accident. Now there is no limited edition available, so I got to cancel that and potentially lose the Kantus skin. The only way I see around this is to buy the limited edition at Gamestop, keep the order and get the skin, then return Gears when it gets here. The downside of 1-click buys, you can potentially order the wrong thing by not realizing what version you last had your mouse over on the screen.

*FACE PALM*

Addnan

Commando Dom feels good to play with. I am gonna have Mech Baird and ComDom, but I think comdom will end up being my first choice cog.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Generic said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I just checked my order on Amazon. I somehow ordered the normal edition on accident. Now there is no limited edition available, so I got to cancel that and potentially lose the Kantus skin. The only way I see around this is to buy the limited edition at Gamestop, keep the order and get the skin, then return Gears when it gets here. The downside of 1-click buys, you can potentially order the wrong thing by not realizing what version you last had your mouse over on the screen.

*FACE PALM*
1 click buy doesn't always get you 'release day delivery', btw

when i ordered mine, it had the shipping set for the 26th.

At first i was all
egoraptor2.jpg

Then i realized what i had done and yeah. lol. Check for the limited in the morning, it seems it goes in and out of stock at least once a day :|
[edited for spelling. fuck i'm tired]

Addnan

Anyone in this thread with Gears 3, can you test something.

Just load up Horde or Beast mode split screen and check if it goes very slow, like the character movement. Want to know if its just a problem I was having yesterday.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Addnan said:
Anyone in this thread with Gears 3, can you test something.

Just load up Horde or Beast mode split screen and check if it goes very slow, like the character movement. Want to know if its just a problem I was having yesterday.

Not trying now but did that yesterday and no problems here

bycha

Playing gears of war 3 like this: 1 room, 1 big wall, 2 projectors, 2 xboxs, 2 discs, 4 people. It's pretty awesome. Act 3 now and the game just gets better. Only downside -- sound. 2 guys hear what they do only as remaining sound from what others do on main 5.1 sound system. Planning to get stereo just for them and place it in front of them.

This setup is really good for playing 4 player co-op games, planning to do this with Halo and other titles.

ShogunX

Ballistik said:
Thanks. We DEFINITELY destroy everyone when we're one full force though. Can't even fathom how that's going to translate going into Gears 3. TWO more days!

Sounds like you need to play some decent well organised teams instead of rolling in matchmaking expecting a decent challenge. Maybe try Gamebattles once all of that stuff is up?

Very surprising though to find on the Gears 2 webstats that PXG actually has a losing record. Not that it means much but I honestly expected something very different. Oh and the Savage Kantus skin is all kinds of hotness.

Malo

Banned
Barrow Roll said:
Man, all these people trading away Savage Kantus. Maybe I'll go pre-order tomorrow and see if I can get a Mechanic Baird to trade.
Because mechanic Baird is awesome. If you can get him, I'd be interested in a trade :p.

ShogunX

SuperMalo said:
Because mechanic Baird is awesome. If you can get him, I'd be interested in a trade :p.

Looking on ebay it seems like Kantus is the second most valuable skin behind the Grenadier. You could sell your Kantus and then buy both Dom and Baird.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Barrow Roll said:
Man, all these people trading away Savage Kantus. Maybe I'll go pre-order tomorrow and see if I can get a Mechanic Baird to trade.
If codes are on a separate slip and not packed with the game, I might be able to wrangle up a couple Savage Grenadier Elites to trade. He looks the best of the preorder guys, imo.

Shig said:
If codes are on a separate slip and not packed with the game, I might be able to wrangle up a couple Savage Grenadier Elites to trade. He looks the best of the preorder guys, imo.
I think they are on a seperate slip..shit.. pm if you do I think SGE is like the most badass locust ive ever seen..other than RAAM.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Shig said:
Oh snap if you get a few. Can I please have one?

Addnan

Shig said:
Get me code <3

$5? :p

edit: or I can offer a Mech Baird.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Shig said:

Throwing my hat in the ring! All I have is a Mechanic Baird

SuperMalo said:

Trade for...?

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I think I got a Savage Grenadier Elite, then again I only ordered my game from gamestation was due to the fact I had a £15 voucher.

Hmm looks like a mummified Juggernaut.

Morphis

Apparently I'll get a code for both the Savage Kantus and Savage Grenadier Elite with my preoreder with Gamemania, Dutch gamestore. Since I'll probably just play Trashball Cole on COG side I'm all set :)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Morphis said:
Apparently I'll get a code for both the Savage Kantus and Savage Grenadier Elite with my preoreder with Gamemania, Dutch gamestore. Since I'll probably just play Trashball Cole on COG side I'm all set :)

Yes you will, all of Benelux gets them both, got both of mine last week already, and since they were the only two pre-order characters that looked liked must-haves and ended up getting both, I'm pretty damn happy!

Only thing is the guys I ordered from still haven't found out anything about this "swag bag" which comes with a free Season Pass for those that ordered the Epic Edition in Benelux which never ended up happening.

The MP game is much more long range and rifle centric. I think in maybe 4 or 5 hours of MP, I only got killed by SOS once. Nobody seems to be using it.

-PXG-

There are 77 people on Gears 3 GAF tri.

MrCompletely said:
The MP game is much more long range and rifle centric. I think in maybe 4 or 5 hours of MP, I only got killed by SOS once. Nobody seems to be using it.

The vast majority of players don't even have the game. You'll notice a big difference on Tuesday.

Snubbers

Probably old news, but Morrisons (UK Supermarket) has it on their shelves for £36.99, Impulse took over, and I got it, just installed it, played 10 mins and am blown away already, so much better then 1, and I now regret missing out on 2..

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Snubbers said:
Probably old news, but Morrisons (UK Supermarket) has it on their shelves for £36.99, Impulse took over, and I got it, just installed it, played 10 mins and am blown away already, so much better then 1, and I now regret missing out on 2..

(&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;&#65279;

If my order hadn't already shipped I'd go and get a copy

Willeth

OrangeOak said:
That's what I think as well :)
But on maps such as sandbar the game will be rifle centric.
There's a lot of long-range that happens on Sandbar, but I've had just as many CQC shotgun battles in the ruins at the top. Honestly while in the beta I rarely used the Gnasher, I'm now switching between them both several times in one game.

OrangeOak

Willeth said:
There's a lot of long-range that happens on Sandbar, but I've had just as many CQC shotgun battles in the ruins at the top. Honestly while in the beta I rarely used the Gnasher, I'm now switching between them both several times in one game.

That's good to hear because what I liked about the beta was that evey weapon had its use.

Jesus!

Hope my source can come threw and get me one dont feel like spending £30+

Edit, so because of a major screw up in advertising looks like UK gamestation buyers (in store) get commando dom and the only way to get Savage Grenadier Elite in the UK is by ordering from Gamestation.co.uk Anyone want to trade a SGE for a ComDom?

Blueblur1

Question: Does anyone know if the Savage Grenadier Elite code for purchasing from Wal-mart is inside the game case itself or is it a separate code?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Diablohead said:
Most new or basic players will rifle to the end of time, next week you are going to see shotgun rushes up the wazoo as normal.

After beta, I can tell you I'm going to rifle the shit out of people and I'm far from a basic player.

Edit: Also, I'm REALLY excited for these servers, finally I can play with my European friends without either of us suffering horrid lag.

Willeth

StalkerUKCG said:
Edit, so because of a major screw up in advertising looks like UK gamestation buyers (in store) get commando dom and the only way to get Savage Grenadier Elite in the UK is by ordering from Gamestation.co.uk Anyone want to trade a SGE for a ComDom?
Oh wow, that's going to shoot those prices up dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom