• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadaver

I dont want to come of as a troll but there is just so much to bitch about right now. All this locked DLC pisses me off. Epic always stated how much they care about the fans and all that. When gears 1 was released they always said they want DLC to be always free. This is the exact opposite of what they said 5 years ago. Dont even mention the ridiculous weapon skin prices. If anything Epic is trolling us ...

I will still buy the season pass though, because Im addicted to gears

abracadaver said:
I dont want to come of as a troll but there is just so much to bitch about right now. All this locked DLC pisses me off. Epic always stated how much they care about the fans and all that. When gears 1 was released they always said they want DLC to be always free. This is the exact opposite of what they said 5 years ago. Dont even mention the ridiculous weapon skin prices. If anything Epic is trolling us ...

You don't need to buy the skins. There will be thousands of shills buying them, and Epic knows they can make extra money from an established fanbase. So?

We will have plenty of unlockable content in the game as is.

JambiBum

abracadaver said:

Fair enough. It's microsoft that doesn't really allow the free content though.

BrokenBox

Yeah, "DLC" on the disc is never acceptable for people with a brain. I'm surprised Epic ended up doing this given how they're pretty engaged with their community.

I get that MS probably had some say in this, but Epic own the IP. They can grow some balls and call some shots.

Watched the ashes to ashes trailer again, anya's hair was all scruffy in that but now it's finely combed in the final game, right?

Good to know she can still sort her hair out in the middle of it all :p

Plasmid

If i see one more fucking beneful commercial on youtube im going to shit a brick.

1 day 12 hours 31 minutes gentleman (CST).

Big rig dizzy looks hilarious.

I remember the days of Day One Horde, climbing up the stairs, setting up Boomshields, and camping it out for 50 rounds. I LOVED Horde mode in concept but it became way too easy to camp it out. I'm glad there's some actual strategy involved in how you position now.

Raxus

Seth Balmore said:
Horde 2.0 is pretty tough compared to Gears 2's. Doing a solo run feels near impossible, same for Beast. :p
Well Beast is time based so the more people playing the easier it gets.

Infamous Chris said:
I thought it'd be easier with the fortifications!
Haha, naw. The first levels of fortifications have the consistency of wet paper, and as you manage to upgrade them but also get to the higher waves where the enemies do double damage, you'll spend nearly all your cash in repairs at the start of every round... if you can even afford repairs.

Not criticising it btw, it's a real challenge. Very addictive. :)

Manus

Does anyone want to trade my Commando Dom code for any other preorder skin? I'll take any of them, just really hate Dom.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Nearing the end of the game I think, loving it all so far!

Seth Balmore said:
I'm watching a video made by the same dude that leaked the Blood Drive gameplay one where he shows all the weapon skins on the disc + Mihn, RAAM and Michael Barrick being on the disc too.

Yes, it was confirmed by Rod himself, but still... seeing it just pisses me off.

If you're interested and while it lasts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THqrvS1rVO0

@Rumble19: Dizzy is in the game yes but only playable in mutiplayer modes.

The uploader clearly said in the first comment that Minh, Raam and Barrick are NOT on the disc. This has to be that internal test version that has Blood Drive and the rest of the maps.

They'll probably come with a map pack like how Bernie & Onyx Guard are coming with the first map pack.

At least they really did bring back RAAM & Minh, people were begging for them like crazy too.

-PXG-

WTCGA.jpg

Alienshogun said:
See what I mean about the skins?

I haven't finished watching it...

What do you mean?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Skilotonn said:
Nearing the end of the game I think, loving it all so far!

The uploader clearly said in the first comment that Minh, Raam and Barrick are NOT on the disc. This has to be that internal test version that has Blood Drive and the rest of the maps.

They'll probably come with a map pack like how Bernie & Onyx Guard are coming with the first map pack.

At least they really did bring back RAAM & Minh, people were begging for them like crazy too.

They have to be on disk bud, otherwise Epic would have to force everyone to DL them. Also, Bernie and Onyx guard are on disk too, same with big rig dizzy and all the other DLC characters we know of so far. I know this because you see them in bot matches.
-PXG- said:
I haven't finished watching it...

What do you mean?

Look at the gold omen lancer. It looks like shit. And none of the other ones really look that great either aside from perhaps the Onyx one.

Skilotonn said:

Yes, I just read the guy's comment... confusing stuff. I'm thinking maybe Mihn/RAAM/Barrick's placeholder images are indeed on the disc but the actual in-game models aren't and can't be selected.

Bernie and Onyx Guard have been confirmed as already on the disc though.

-PXG-

I really hope RAAM is actually black this time, and not gray like he was in Gears 2.

Alienshogun said:
They have to be on disk bud, otherwise Epic would have to force everyone to DL them. Also, Bernie and Onyx guard are on disk too, same with big rig dizzy and all the other DLC characters we know of so far. I know this because you see them in bot matches.

Look at the gold omen lancer. It looks like shit. And none of the other ones really look that great either aside from perhaps the Onyx one.

Oh. Yeah, it is kind of booty.

-PXG-

Represent. said:
Lmao is it true that Drake voices one of the characters? Or was that just a rumor...?

No. He was supposed to do the voice, but his tour schedule conflicted with when Epic wanted him to record the dialogue. Micheal B Jordan did the voice instead.

"hmmm random number, i'm bored, guess i'll answer..."

"HI THIS IS ASHLEY FROM GAMEST--"

"I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU BITCH DON'T YELL IN MY EAR"

*hangs up*

CyReN

Any idea when the season pass and skins will be on sale? I'm thinking it will be Monday since people will be playing at midnight Tuesday and MS doesn't up their marketplace til 2am pacific time.

and I'm up to a level 10.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Alienshogun said:

Oh I understand where you're coming from, I'm just going by what the uploader said - and he said that those three aren't on the disc, and I guess it's the same for Big Rig Dizzy as well - dunno how they're going to handle them online aside from a big mandatory update, or Epic's managed a way to hide them even better than the hackers could find them.

CyReN said:
Any idea when the season pass and skins will be on sale? I'm thinking it will be Monday since people will be playing at midnight Tuesday and MS doesn't up their marketplace til 2am pacific time.

and I'm up to a level 10.

On release day, Sept. 20th, at the usual XBLM update time I'd guess.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Skilotonn said:
Oh I understand where you're coming from, I'm just going by what the uploader said - and he said that those three aren't on the disc, and I guess it's the same for Big Rig Dizzy as well - dunno how they're going to handle them online aside from a big mandatory update, or Epic's managed a way to hide them even better than the hackers could find them.

I've literally seen Big Rig Dizzy and Onyx guard in a bot match. He has to be on disk.

The only ones I haven't seen yet are Mihn, Barrack and Bernie.

Smision said:
"hmmm random number, i'm bored, guess i'll answer..."

"HI THIS IS ASHLEY FROM GAMEST--"

"I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU BITCH DON'T YELL IN MY EAR"

*hangs up*
Wow, that was TOO funny! This is defintely something that just about all of us can relate to.

BrokenBox said:
Yeah, "DLC" on the disc is never acceptable for people with a brain. I'm surprised Epic ended up doing this given how they're pretty engaged with their community.

I get that MS probably had some say in this, but Epic own the IP. They can grow some balls and call some shots.

Depends there are a lot of bought unlockables so its probably cheaper to put them on the disk then to release a big title update other people have to see those dlc too.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Alienshogun said:
I've literally seen Big Rig Dizzy in a bot match. He has to be on disk.

Yeah I've seen him too, but that video is from this same uploader with Blood Drive and now RAAM, Minh & Barrick - the build he leaking looked like a new internal build with the newest DLC packs coming up.

Hackers already showed all of the stuff on the disc last week or something, and there was no sign of RAAM, Minh, Big Rig Dizzy & Barrick, nor any of those Flashback maps.

Raxus

-PXG- said:
*Crosses fingers for RAAM being included with the Season Pass"
I am sure Raam, Kim, Skorge, and Big Rig Dizzy will all be included in the DLC packs. (The on-disc DLC has already been confirmed to be bundled together right?)

Lima

One complaint with the game. It is way too easy. Only played this with two players on hardcore. With 4 people that know their shit you will just breeze through it on insane.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Lima said:
One complaint with the game. It is way too easy. Only played this with two players on hardcore. With 4 people that know their shit you will just breeze through it on insane.

Good, I don't intend to spend much time and I want to get Insane knocked out ASAP.

Proelite

Lima said:

Mutators?

YouTube comments always make me scratch my head

RAAM IS BACK AND IS READY TO RANDOMLY ASSASINATE ASIAN MEN!!!!!

(in case you haven't known, RAAM is my favorite character in Gears of ALL TIME)

He's in like...2 scenes, and not in the funny A. Carmine kinda way. He randomly points in directions, stabs Kim, then gets his ass whooped near the end. THAT'S IT.

iCz4q.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom