• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

The custom covers Borman made for the game haven't already been posted have they?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QBRXKCQG

gearsborman1s.jpg

gearsborman2s.jpg

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
OdysseusVA said:
Is this due to the title update?
Any videos showing it in it's current state?

Sucks if it's useless now. It was fun to use.

well it's not totally useless. I mean, it's still a gun and it still fires bullets but it definitely feels like it's changed since the beta.

I found that you have to be much closer to the person (I've yet to see anyone go down from a sos) and it seems to be much harder to hit people if they're running or bouncing around close to you.

If you catch people slipping then you will easily kill them. It's obviously still very powerful but it seems to require a little more control.

the point is I don't think it will be as big of a problem as some were fearing.

kodecraft

-PXG- said:
Don't forget:

- The beta thread
- The NeoGAF XBL Gears tags (I manage all three)
- Promotional assets for GoW Nation (logo and First Foray poster, and more)
- overall awesomeness and possessor of infinite levels of swag
:p

I wouldn't be doing all of this if I didn't love Gears or Epic. Though I don't do this stuff with the intent on getting stuff in the return, it would be nice. I do dedicate a lot of my personal and free time towards this stuff.

Some kind of
gig/ job
would be fucking awesome. A code would be cool, though I don't expect anything.

I know you're reading this thread Cliff.

I had many opportunities to snag the game early. I just didn't feel like paying the high cost of admission. I'm getting my Epic Edition and Retro Lancer tonight. I can't wait.

Yea definitely some kinda swag. You deserve it.

Raxus

D4Danger said:
well it's not totally useless. I mean, it's still a gun and it still fires bullets but it definitely feels like it's changed since the beta.

I found that you have to be much closer to the person (I've yet to see anyone go down from a sos) and it seems to be much harder to hit people if they're running or bouncing around close to you.

If you catch people slipping then you will easily kill them. It's obviously still very powerful but it seems to require a little more control.

What about the range for downing people? Has that decreased as well?

JB1981

Oh shits I have training this week but no class tomorrow. Guess who will be digging into the campaign? Fuck yeaaaaaaaaaa

D4Danger said:

I played a couple of matches against the bots and didn't feel like it was nerfed, maybe the spread has been reduced, but still felt great. I was thinking the title update may have tweaked it. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

madmook

Sinthetic said:
Just had a couple of bot deathmatches. Great fun.
Wait, you can play one player vs bots on the mp maps? What modes can you do this with and are there settings like bot difficulties or amount?

Does anybody with the retail game know if Thrashball Cole is still beta exclusive? Or is there a way to unlock him in-game. I'd be pissed if Epic took that away from beta testers.

XBOX HIVES said:
Does anybody with the retail game know if Thrashball Cole is still beta exclusive? Or is there a way to unlock him in-game. I'd be pissed if Epic took that away from beta testers.
as far as I could tell, there's no way to unlock him in-game

XBOX HIVES said:

I was going to say "what's the prob., it was an open beta" and then I remembered that it wasn't. Still, I'd be willing to bet some spacebucks that Thrashball Cole ends up in one of the DLC packs.

I'm really warming up to Griffin in multiplayer.

Fail reload: "Fuckin' noob!"
Pick up weapon: "Hahahahahahaha. Yeah. Motherfucker."
No ammo: "I'm outta ammo, can you believe this!?"
Hit enemy point blank: "You can't be serious, DIE."
Headshot: "AW SHIT. YA HEAD'S GONE."

Ice-T is such a cool cat, his delivery is awesome. :D

-PXG-

Seth Balmore said:
I'm really warming up to Griffin in multiplayer.

Fail reload: "Fuckin' noob!"
Pick up weapon: "Hahahahahahaha. Yeah. Motherfucker."
No ammo: "I'm outta ammo, can you believe this!?"
Hit enemy point blank: "You can't be serious, DIE."
Headshot: "AW SHIT. YA HEAD'S GONE."

Ice-T is such a cool cat, his delivery is awesome. :D

"Who built this shit" in Horde, is the best one.

pr0cs

Hammer24 said:
Thats a mistake. Karen Traviss is one of the best in the business. :)
Yep, the books are awesome and add a lot to the universe. There is way too much backstory (prequels please Epic) to expose all of the character history in the videogames so the books are fabulous if you actually are interested in the world and characters.
There would probably be a lot less hand-wringing over the "Maria Maria!" crap that game #2 got if people actually knew some of the backstory.
Hoffman for example is a serious douche in the game but he's one of my favorite characters in the books.

Ubersnug

pr0cs said:
Yep, the books are awesome and add a lot to the universe. There is way too much backstory (prequels please Epic) to expose all of the character history in the videogames so the books are fabulous if you actually are interested in the world and characters.
There would probably be a lot less hand-wringing over the "Maria Maria!" crap that game #2 got if people actually knew some of the backstory.
Hoffman for example is a serious douche in the game but he's one of my favorite characters in the books.

Not only that, but all the additional back story and coverage it has on Baird makes you feel really sorry for the guys social problems. And Cole, you can't help but love the big guy too

JimiNutz

Banned
Hammer24 said:
Can´t say enough how great the campaign is!
For everyone still waiting for the game, make sure to read Coalitions End before starting, the game ties in perfectly.
This is the position Im in :(
I love the gears books and have read the other three but I still haven't finished Coalitions End! I wanted to finish it over the past weekend but didnt have time! Im now debating whether I should leave the campaign until I've finished it...
Think Ill just sink my teeth into MP and Horde over the next few days instead :)

-PXG-

Superimposer said:
Is it too difficult/long to just post the essential shit we need to know from the books?

Yeah....

Plus, I'm at the text limit. I asked Evilore to create another post for me below so I can add more stuff.

h3ro

-PXG- said:
Stores will have the regular editions out the ass. Don't worry.
Agreed. "If you wanted it, you should have pre-ordered" is one of the biggest BS trends that we've seen on the rise at places like GS. Complete bull. I love you, Amazon Prime.

whitehawk

Banned
h3ro said:
Agreed. "If you wanted it, you should have pre-ordered" is one of the biggest BS trends that we've seen on the rise at places like GS. Complete bull. I love you, Amazon Prime.
But I went to futureshop and they said "you cant preorder the limited edition, its first come first serve.". And the other place i preordered it at said they wont have my limited edition until tomorrw (not midnight). bah!!!

Elginer

Just bought the Rainbow pack for some damn good Lucky Charms like killing. I haven't gotten my LE yet but tonight my friends... it's on like Donkey Kong.

my crew are hardcore Warzone fans and they are straight freaking out over the man up rule (where the team with more players wins the round at the end of the clock).

Cliffy, any way to make that optional in private/custom games?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Elginer said:
Just bought the Rainbow pack for some damn good Lucky Charms like killing. I haven't gotten my LE yet but tonight my friends... it's on like Donkey Kong.
disgunbgood.gif

My copy disappeared from my futureshop order list, and I haven't received a shipment notice :(

feelsbadman.jpg

Dosia

MrCompletely said:
my crew are hardcore Warzone fans and they are straight freaking out over the man up rule (where the team with more players wins the round at the end of the clock).

Cliffy, any way to make that optional in private/custom games?
What a dumb rule. This is the first I have heard of it.

83Fuck_yeah_kindleD.png

EDIT: Going through the list......Retro, Lancer, and Hammerburst each have their own set, while Gnasher and Saw are together, but still only priced at 1200.

hmmmm. should i get the gnasher set or buy burnout crash tomorrow????

Hammer24

Banned
NutJobJim said:
This is the position Im in :(
I love the gears books and have read the other three but I still haven't finished Coalitions End! I wanted to finish it over the past weekend but didnt have time! Im now debating whether I should leave the campaign until I've finished it...
Think Ill just sink my teeth into MP and Horde over the next few days instead :)

I´d defo finish the book first! The "cliffhanger" ties directly into the campaign.

Robot Pants

For any of you living in Los Angeles, I may know of a store that will be selling it in 2 hours. I won't give away the name yet, until I call and confirm when they open. But the guy told me on Friday that there was a 99% chance it would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom