• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Addnan said:
I don't see why it wouldn't let you.
Well its more it would but I imagine it would be so laggy it wouldnt be worth it but if its a matter of connecting then im equal to the guy with 100mg connection due to the servers then its all good.

I've only been watching streams and YT vids but am I the only one who isn't seeing this huge ass light that's supposed to be on the sawed off now?

Is it more noticeable when you're actually playing the game? Because from what I'm seeing in these vids/streams I still can't tell what somebody is holding til they're already scattered everywhere.

abracadaver

ResidentDante said:
How much is season pass and what does it give you?

2400 points
It contains access to the first 4 DLCs. You save 33% by buying the season pass.
Also you get a liquid metal skin for your weapons.

abracadaver said:
2400 points
It contains access to the first 4 DLCs. You save 33% by buying the season pass.
Also you get a liquid metal skin for your weapons.
Thanks for the info, will definitely be getting this :)

DaNcaKe

Was having problems last night with matchmaking.

It would say we found 10 players but when it came to connect it would take ages and we would usually be playing 3v3 or 3v5 etc with bots :(.

Although playing with bots made it a bit of a challenge ;) Getting bored of skunking 99% of everyone in mm.
trollolol

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
TmJvx.png

let's do this

DRE Fei

abracadaver said:
I bought the bloody skins pack. Sorry

240 points

I feel dirty now
Did you at least buy the season pass first?

The skins are pretty expensive, but I'm guessing microsoft thinks gears dudes are gonna get bored and eventually buy a bunch of them. They will.

Ningo

This has gotten expensive, just paid for 12 months live $50, season pass $33, LE console $548. Almost how much my launch 20gig cost me.

Brakara

The season pass description has me worried:

The Gears 3 Season Pass is your ticket to brand new Campaign, Horde, Beast, and multiplayer content, including new playable characters. The Season Pass serves as your pre-order (at a 33% discount!) of four downloadable content packages that you will receive every quarter, starting in November.

So will the first DLC pack (of the four) be the characters pack? Well, fuck that.

JaskoX1

Banned
Exclusive Hotel gameplay

This dude is good

http://www.msxbox-world.com/news/article/16370/gears-of-war-3-exclusive-hotel-gameplay.html

I'm not buying the Season Pass until they detail what the first 4 DLCs are going to be and when they'll be released. Chances are I'll be interested in them but I just can't blindly give my money away like that, I want to know what I'm paying for in advance.

-PXG-

Season Pass get!

My brothers! Tonight's the night! We're almost home!

The train's at home on the rails. Woooooooooooo!

Seth Balmore said:
I'm not buying the Season Pass until they detail what the first 4 DLCs are going to be and when they'll be released. Chances are I'll be interested in them but I just can't blindly give my money away like that, I want to know what I'm paying for in advance.

this is what I'm going to do as well. it's not like the the 33% discount will be a limited time thing. it might even get its own additional discount by the time november comes around if it's not selling as much as they were expecting.

-PXG-

ToyMachine228 said:
Also, is there any word if any of the retailer exclusive character skins will ever be available as paid DLC?
It probably will, but no

I've answered this question far too many times :p

Ningo said:
This has gotten expensive, just paid for 12 months live $50, season pass $33, LE console $548. Almost how much my launch 20gig cost me.

The potential cost has put me off buying GoW3 a bit. Living in Australia doesnt help.
If the online is bad (like in GoW2), I'll keep getting allocated to laggy US games which will really ruin multiplayer for me.
If I hear good things about multiplayer (from other Aussies), Im sure I'll buy sooner or later. If not, Ill probably play MW3 instead.

zaidr

Regarding the preorder characters, do you get that code on your receipt or is it in the box or what? I preordered from Gamestop.

-PXG-

Diprosalic said:
game worked like shit yesterday. hope they fix the servers.

It begins...

It was butter smooth for me in the beta. P2P was almost/ just as good as for me as well.

Hate me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom