• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothars

Murkas said:
This has probably already been asked and answered but where are my beta unlocks?

I've unlocked Cole train outfit and a few other things in the beta but I got none of it, even the medal for participating in the beta, never got that. It's like I never took part :(

Guessing it probably has something to do with release date and how I'm playing it early or something.

Finished the game, last fight was annoying, the game was what I expected to be honest. Horde mode and beast mode should be fun, going to play that with friends soon.
DId you delete the save file for the beta? the main unlocks are in that save file.

Risk Breaker said:
Just got both Gold HB and Gold Lancer after a random KOTH match as if I had them in Gears 2, which isn't the case. Glitch or hmmm.. promotion?
If you played during the first week than you get the Gold HB and Lancer.

Wow, Gamefly shipped this out to me today! May try to hit up a few games with you guys on Wednesday(assuming it gets here on Wednesday), even though I typically don't do multi.

mbmonk

I don't own a 360, but I am hoping that dedicated server make MP super smooth and other devs will follow suit in the future. :)

Murkas

Lothars said:
DId you delete the save file for the beta? the main unlocks are in that save file.

If you played during the first week than you get the Gold HB and Lancer.

No, same 360 and I haven't deleted anything. Been looking around but the only thing I can find that is similiar to my problem are people who are buying the Gears 3 360 model and want their unlocks from their old 360s.

snack

Risk Breaker said:
Just got both Gold HB and Gold Lancer after a random KOTH match as if I had them in Gears 2, which isn't the case. Glitch or hmmm.. promotion?
You get them if you play GOW3 online within the first week.

Lothars

Murkas said:
No, same 360 and I haven't deleted anything. Been looking around but the only thing I can find that is similiar to my problem are people who are buying the Gears 3 360 model and want their unlocks from their old 360s.
I'm not sure than, have you got the title update? They should show up for you.

snack said:
You get them if you play GOW3 online within the first week.

Yeah I know, from the 20th to the 27th. The thing is... it's not the 20th yet? And it was totally random, like I finished playing a match, quit to matchmaking, join match in progress, match ends in 2 minutes and bam, unlocked.

Did anyone else get it yet?

Also, it said in the unlocking little window that I got them from Gears 2 :p

pr0cs

Man I wish I was in NYC. Twitter has the epic/ms guys hanging out giving Epic editions of the game and access to the release party if you are near them and can answer a question (most seem to be related to the stories).

snack

Risk Breaker said:
Yeah I know, from the 20th to the 27th. The thing is... it's not the 20th yet? And it was totally random, like I finished playing a match, quit to matchmaking, join match in progress, match ends in 2 minutes and bam, unlocked.

Did anyone else get it yet?

Also, it said in the unlocking little window that I got them from Gears 2 :p
I think it's because TU1 has been released already.

LEGGZZZZ

Holy Shit at the difficulty spike on the last boss fight. For anyone who plans to play solo on Hardcore, be forewarned. Can't even imagine playing that on Insane without co-op.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Hi guys, I just received my Commando Dom code from Game.co.uk.

I'm willing to trade that for another character. Feel free to pm me.

JambiBum

Risk Breaker said:
The thing is I played like 20 matches after installing TU1 and before getting the skins.
If I remember from the beta the "play a certain week" unlocks unlocked for most people at a different time. Was kind of random.

Moofers

Is there a map pack going up today then? I thought I read that like River, Blood Drive, Clock Tower and a couple others were coming on launch day?

S1kkZ

dk_ said:
Still no update in Germany and I can't play online. Sucks!
same for me. pretty pissed about the situation. someone in the epic forums talked to ms germany and it looks like they dont know when the update is coming.

dk_

S1kkZ said:
same for me. pretty pissed about the situation. someone in the epic forums talked to ms germany and it looks like they dont know when the update is coming.
MS Germany doesn't know anything any time.

Is it possbile to get the update via proxy?

Wrote CliffyB and JFarren on Twitter, but no response yet!

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
dk_ said:
MS Germany doesn't know anything any time.

Is it possbile to get the update via proxy?

Is it not possible to create a UK account or something, play Gears with that, download the update and then switch profiles?

Moofers

My friend says the HAZE skins link no longer works. Can somebody confirm? When I click it just brings up my "already downloaded" page.

malfcn

Plasmid said:
How?

Thanks for the Haze heads up whomever posted, got it from my phone! :D

Bing Rewards. Just a few clicks a day and you get points. 500 and you can get 400msp or $5 Amazon cards etc.

ShaneB

LEGGZZZZ said:
Holy Shit at the difficulty spike on the last boss fight. For anyone who plans to play solo on Hardcore, be forewarned. Can't even imagine playing that on Insane without co-op.

Yeah, you're echoing my exact thoughts from my impressions earlier. The rest of the game felt fairly easy on Harcore, right up until the final boss fight, which took a few tries and seem like such a big spike in difficulty.

Plasmid

malfcn said:
Bing Rewards. Just a few clicks a day and you get points. 500 and you can get 400msp or $5 Amazon cards etc.
I do the xbox rewards that give points but theyve never been given to my account :(.

The haze skin worked for me, I just gotta get home and turn my xbox on.

1. Begin matchmaking for Ranked TDM (400 players in my region).

2. Searching for 9 players.

3. All 9 players found! Connecting...

4. Lobby screen: 1v3 players. Lone player leaves.

5. 3 bots are added: Cole*, Cole Train*, Mechanic Baird*.

6. Game start! All 3 bots are Marcus.

7. End game. Toast pops up, "War Supporter: Play in 5 Gears events. 4/5"

133kpe3.jpg

malfcn

Seth Balmore said:
1. Begin matchmaking for Ranked TDM (400 players in my region).

2. Searching for 9 players.

3. All 9 players found! Connecting...

4. Lobby screen: 1v3 players. Lone player leaves.

5. 3 bots are added: Cole*, Cole Train*, Mechanic Baird*.

6. Game start! All 3 bots are Marcus.

7. End game. Toast pops up, "War Supporter: Play in 5 Gears events. 4/5"

133kpe3.jpg

Say what? one more and you unlock a character. What is the event?

malfcn said:
Say what? one more and you unlock a character. What is the event?
Your guess is as good as mine.

So golden skins are randomly unlocking, payable skins are going for free on the Marketplace, invisible events going on.

In the words of Cole, that's some crazy shit, boy.

Teknoman

Ugh MS still investigating my account. Guess i'll try to log into a family member account to get the title update. Going to suck having to stay offline during Gears launch week :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom