• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears, State of Decay and Perfect Dark trailers have no mention Series X, Series S

Robb

Gold Member
all of them were CGI trailers
B0NKFm1.jpeg

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Perfect Dark was gameplay other two were CGI much like the very first HellBlade 2 reveal

Even the titles only PD says gameplay
SoD3 & Gears: E-Day trailers both had in-engine trailers by the looks of things. PD looked like a vertical slice...and a very alpha one at that.

Fbh

I mean none of the them said 2025 so it's safe to assume they are 2026 which is when MS will supposedly release their next system.
Would be pretty crazy if they aren't at least cross gen though, so yeah it's weird they didn't have the same "coming to SeriesX/S" tag as most other games in the showcase.

Reactions: XXL

XXL

I mean none of the them said 2025 so it's safe to assume they are 2026 which is when MS will supposedly release their next system.
Would be pretty crazy if they aren't at least cross gen though, so yeah it's weird they didn't have the same "coming to SeriesX/S" tag as most other games in the showcase.
Completely agree.

There is a reason these trailer aren't marked the same as literally every other trailer in the show.

I don't think these are for sure coming to Series X and S. They could be, but I wouldn't be so sure of that at this point.

timothet

In-game/In-engine usually means "render target". They use assets and postprocessing nowhere to be seen in the retail version once you have to optimize game to actually run in realtime. Similar to the first trailer of Hellblade 2. They came quite close, but there is difference in quality vs retail.

Topher

Gold Member
In-game/In-engine usually means "render target". They use assets and postprocessing nowhere to be seen in the retail version once you have to optimize game to actually run in realtime. Similar to the first trailer of Hellblade 2. They came quite close, but there is difference in quality vs retail.

Yeah, but he is just pointing out that this isn't CGI.

Yeah, but he is just pointing out that this isn't CGI.
They most definitely weren't cgi. They were probably in-engine vertical slices and target renders, meant to showcase each dev teams' vision for the title and what they're expecting the title to be once development on each respective game by its corresponding developer is finished. It's the expected output, not the final game. As is the case with every vertical slice and in-engine render.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Then why are they showing them?

Same reason why they showed...all those games they promised 4 years ago and still haven't delivered on most of them.

This is why I can't get excited about these new titles, people are quick to open up their champagnes claiming victory upon the "enemy" (wink*wink), how good everything looked and that next year is gonna be xbox's year finally (again) - it's almost like they forget about MS's perpetual PR bullshit of over promising and overhyping shit, it's like it's 2020 all over again with people straight up eating - once more - everything up.

Most of the promised AAA "bangers" don't even have a release date yet and - like some people have already mentioned in this thread - some/most of them are most probably 2026/Next Xbox titles.

FunkMiller

Hedging their bets on what consoles they can get the games running on, I'd say. Better to just not put it out on Series S, instead of promising it then not delivering.

XXL

it's almost like they forget about MS's perpetual PR bullshit of over promising and overhyping shit, it's like it's 2020 all over again with people straight up eating - once more - everything up.
Preach Can I Get An Amen GIF by anotherround

It's pretty crazy to see.

It was a great show and im interested in a bunch of games from it, but I think some important things are being ignored from it.

Like these titles not listing X and S, nothing being called an exclusive and the ABK titles still being absent from Game Pass.

Top Bottom