• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to buy this Bayonetta figure but the only people selling it are from either China or Hong Kong on ebay, which is a huge red flag for me. I think I'll just wait and pre order from AMIAMI cause I think they are doing a rerelease of the figure.

bayonetta.jpg

That is an incredible figure. Damn, I want it bad!

^ Dabookerman, nice! They look kind of glossy though, judging by how thick their shadows are, I take it that's due to the camera flash? Also the stands are different here than they are in the promotional shots, I'm looking at them on amiami now and they're clear plastic in those photos.

Any chance that Katherine's belt is metal or moves independently?

The prototypes are often on clear plastic bases.

And yeah, the glossiness is due to the flash of the camera. In all honesty, they were better than I expected.
The chain on Katherine's belt is metallic.. possibly? It moves like a proper chain either way. The front of her hair can be removed to adjust or remove her glasses. It's really not too bad.

The skirt from Catherine can be removed. Quality wise, the Max Factory one is loads better, but I'm actually quite happy with them.

I mean I was disappointed when I got Stocking, and that was from Alter!

Busaiku

Augh, really should've checked where my order was coming from before getting it...

Just got a Len figure for $29 on eBay, which I thought was great, since it's like almost $200 elsewhere.
Then after placing my order, I see that it's from Hong Kong...

So I get myself a counterfeit...

cajunator

Banned
Augh, really should've checked where my order was coming from before getting it...

Just got a Len figure for $29 on eBay, which I thought was great, since it's like almost $200 elsewhere.
Then after placing my order, I see that it's from Hong Kong...

So I get myself a counterfeit...

Actually, that should have been your clue. If the price seems to good to be true IT IS.

LadyRiven

Thanks but yeah, thats way out of my price range. Those prices are why I'm looking into these anime figures as a cheaper alternative.

I'd suggest the flesh colored or clear Figmas, if you can find them. The clear ones were sold a long time ago and the pre-order for flesh colored went up some months ago, but those haven't been released yet. I believe they're for customization but I am buying them exclusively as a drawing reference!

lxPGw.jpg

More info: http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=33894

Release date says 12/12 but they didn't actually come out yet.

LiK

I'd suggest the flesh colored or clear Figmas, if you can find them. The clear ones were sold a long time ago and the pre-order for flesh colored went up some months ago, but those haven't been released yet. I believe they're for customization but I am buying them exclusively as a drawing reference!

lxPGw.jpg

hope they make a lot of those. kinda want one as reference for poses. Figmas are pretty great and portable.

BadWolf

lxPGw.jpg

Thanks for posting those, I'll be on the look for them now :)

Omiee

Hey guys,

Some help would be greatly apreciated. I recently started collecting figurines. And i would love to grow my collection.

My question is: Where can i buy best bang for my buck quality wise statues/figurines from the marvel universe and games ( assassins creed, halo etc )

I saw the slideshow website, but at most i could buy like 2 things from there since they are all 250$ plus.

I am from the netherlands btw so it has to be a store that ships here.

fmpanda

Hey guys,

Some help would be greatly apreciated. I recently started collecting figurines. And i would love to grow my collection.

My question is: Where can i buy best bang for my buck quality wise statues/figurines from the marvel universe and games ( assassins creed, halo etc )

I saw the slideshow website, but at most i could buy like 2 things from there since they are all 250$ plus.

Well, the triumvirate I always use are AmiAmi, Hobby Search, and Hobby Link Japan. You can also dial up Mandrake as they have some really good deals on figurines.

LadyRiven

hope they make a lot of those. kinda want one as reference for poses. Figmas are pretty great and portable.

I believe they are exclusively sold through GSC's shop, so they most likely will not be as common as the average Figma. The preorders themselves were only open for a couple of weeks in August. Hopefully they'll come out this month, and when they do it's best to search for them sooner than later (on eBay or MFC) because they'll likely go up in cost quickly. ><

Hey guys,

how important is articulation to you?

BadWolf

From my limited searching so far it seems that Mitsumasa Yoshizawa's work really stands out... and is consistently sold out :(

Great body works, poses and faces. Anyone know if he is working on something new that can be pre-ordered? Seems that might be the best way to get something good of his without paying crazy ebay prices.

Hero

I have a question. If I preorder from amiami do they charge my credit card the full price of the item as soon as I preorder or do they charge it when they ship it?

Busaiku

Actually, that should have been your clue. If the price seems to good to be true IT IS.

Yeah, I guess so.
But now I'm paranoid about paying those exorbitant prices and ending up getting fake stuff.

At least this time it's only a $29 hit.

Is there a database for fake figures?
I found Good Smile's page, so there's that, but what about other manufacturers?

I have a question. If I preorder from amiami do they charge my credit card the full price of the item as soon as I preorder or do they charge it when they ship it?

When the preorder item(s) are released, you get an email for the total including whatever shipping option you chose initially. The email tells you to log back in and authorize the payment, thus completing your order. You can change the shipping options at this point but I think you have to wait for them to quote you again, takes like 1 business day. So yeah, nothing gets charged until the item(s) are released.

johnsmith

remember me
From my limited searching so far it seems that Mitsumasa Yoshizawa's work really stands out... and is consistently sold out :(

Great body works, poses and faces. Anyone know if he is working on something new that can be pre-ordered? Seems that might be the best way to get something good of his without paying crazy ebay prices.

Yeah, he's great. I have the Shunya version of Rei and Asuka and Silvia Kristel and they're all really great figures. His Poison figure is on my wishlist, but the 2nd hand prices on that are really expensive.

Amiami has a few of his things for sale. There's no upcoming figures of his for preorder at the moment.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-5702
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-5676

The only way to get the figures you want without paying crazy ebay prices is to keep checking on mandarake and amiami's preowned section, or getting lucky and winning a low bid auction. I was able to get Sylvia Christel for 5,500 yen, Rei for 6,970 yen. I was able to get Asuka for $61.00 on an ebay auction by winning with a low bid. The hunt is part of the hobby though, so I would rather keep checking until it pops up than spend a ton of money for instant gratification (most of the time).

Yeah, I guess so.
But now I'm paranoid about paying those exorbitant prices and ending up getting fake stuff.

At least this time it's only a $29 hit.

Is there a database for fake figures?
I found Good Smile's page, so there's that, but what about other manufacturers?

http://myfigurecollection.net/ will list whether a figure has been bootlegged and will often have pictures.

Couldn't say no to the Black Widow sale on Amazon so I just ordered it.
24758d1326722776-black-widow-covert-ops-bishoujo-statue-1kotoblackwidowcovertops2.jpg

I like the standard edition over the limited edition. Dat Draganov> dem boobies

RichieS99

Banned
Hey guys. Im real sorry to be annoying the hell out of you guys but I am wondering what the standard price you guys will pay for a hot toys figure. I went into my local comic store and was told from 300 - 350 euros which is about $390 - $460. So guys is this right or should I be looking cheaper?

Couldn't say no to the Black Widow sale on Amazon so I just ordered it.

I like the standard edition over the limited edition. Dat Draganov> dem boobies

the final product isn't with pink hair btw. How much did you get her for? I got mine for 32+tax from amazon as well.

Kotobukiya on their FB said they have more announcement for their bishoujo lineup around feb.

Chunli is rumored to come out around april, and Xiaoyu is after the Lili release in May. The marvel/dc lineup only has huntress and kitty pryde left to be release so I wonder who they are going to announce next.

the final product isn't with pink hair btw. How much did you get her for? I got mine for 32+tax from amazon as well.

Kotobukiya on their FB said they have more announcement for their bishoujo lineup around feb.

Chunli is rumored to come out around april, and Xiaoyu is after the Lili release in May. The marvel/dc lineup only has huntress and kitty pryde left to be release so I wonder who they are going to announce next.

Got it for 45 which isn't bad but I really wished it was still on sale now as it was a few days back when it was only 32. Not bad at all still . How do you like the statue?

I can't wait for these.

On the official website, Kotobukiya has announced that the first releases in the Street Fighter x Bishoujo line will be Chun-Li and Cammy. It's not the first time Shunya's worked with these two in particular; check out the gallery for two of his previous illustrations.

I hope he doesn't give chun li or Cammy generic poses like in that artwork. I'd love it if he made Chun Li doing some sort of kicking pose .

I can't wait for these.

On the official website, Kotobukiya has announced that the first releases in the Street Fighter x Bishoujo line will be Chun-Li and Cammy. It's not the first time Shunya's worked with these two in particular; check out the gallery for two of his previous illustrations.

I hope he doesn't give chun li or Cammy generic poses like in that artwork. I'd love it if he made Chun Li doing some sort of kicking pose .

Didn't get the blackwidow piece yet. Should have it sat or monday.

That cammy... Wasn't counting on it but if it looked like that I might just bite. Chunli is "good" but not amazing. I just like Chunli overall. Though...if Sakura was announced I'd be all over that.

In terms of main SF girls its Sakura>Ibuki=Juri>Chun li = Cammy > Rose
In terms of tekken girls its Xiaoyu>lili=Asuka=Julia>Jun>Zafina>Nina>Anna

I want koto to show the xiaoyu prototype and morrigan/sakura. Morrigan might happen when Darkstalkers 4 comes out.

I really hope they go back and redo some of the old characters. Especially Black Cat and Mystique who were both pretty mehhh

I really like blackcat except the eyes. If the eyes were smaller then yeah.... In terms of Marvel characters I want a really well done x-23. I don't really like the current x-23 that much.

Giolon

I can't wait for these.

While I do really like those two illustrations, they weren't for the Bishoujo project. They were just fan art Shunya did years ago, so hopefully something nice and dynamic will be used for the figures. Like Power Girl.

LadyRiven

Speak of the devil. Just got the email saying the Figma archetypes were shipped out today!

In other news, I picked up Ultimate Madoka from the post office today. Put up a few pics on my Flickr. Here's one:

LiK

I can't wait for these.

judging from previous Shunya figures I got/seen, i bet the figures will look exactly like those illustrations and have the same poses. seems like the sculptors tend to stick with whatever he draws very closely.

sca2511

judging from previous Shunya figures I got/seen, i bet the figures will look exactly like those illustrations and have the same poses. seems like the sculptors tend to stick with whatever he draws very closely.

Hoping it doesn't look way off like Asuka or Lili.

Takuan

I can't wait for these.

Dat Cammy. May have to cop that.

BadWolf

Yeah, he's great. I have the Shunya version of Rei and Asuka and Silvia Kristel and they're all really great figures. His Poison figure is on my wishlist, but the 2nd hand prices on that are really expensive.

Amiami has a few of his things for sale. There's no upcoming figures of his for preorder at the moment.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-5702
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-5676

The only way to get the figures you want without paying crazy ebay prices is to keep checking on mandarake and amiami's preowned section, or getting lucky and winning a low bid auction. I was able to get Sylvia Christel for 5,500 yen, Rei for 6,970 yen. I was able to get Asuka for $61.00 on an ebay auction by winning with a low bid. The hunt is part of the hobby though, so I would rather keep checking until it pops up than spend a ton of money for instant gratification (most of the time).

Ah, that's how it works. I'll bookmark and keep checking those.

Thank you :)

sca2511

initially i didn't really like asuka but i came around it. Lili on the other hand....yeahh still leaning towards a no

Agreed. Looking at the Asuka is much better than looking at the Lili. I'll probably get around it as well. I really want to pick up Jaycee though, really like that one.

cajunator

Banned
If I visit this thread enough I'll end up pulling the trigger on that bunny Charlotte. D:

Its unfortunate that that video I linked did not load for you because you would have bought it already!

Speak of the devil. Just got the email saying the Figma archetypes were shipped out today!

In other news, I picked up Ultimate Madoka from the post office today. Put up a few pics on my Flickr. Here's one:

Luckyyyyy! Mine says it left the Chicago customs Jan 02 on its way here but I'm in Louisiana. It will take a few days ;_;

cajunator

Banned
At a 50% markup vs amiami. But i guess it's still better than the old pre-rerelease prices.

Thats how much I paid for her when she first came out. well around 90ish.
Well worth it at any price though. she is a GORGEOUS figurine. She has two poses too, one with the sword in the scabbard and one with it out in kill mode. also one kind of in between but it doesnt look as good. I cant believe that figure has been popular enough to be re-released twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom