• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Looks like AmiAmi.com stopped taking pre-orders for the black variant of AlphaMax's Mai Shiranui. Do they generally open orders back up once the figure actually releases?

They sometimes do. Depending if people cancel or if they get more shipments in. I would suggest you make a backup preorder from another site tho.

meijiko

So after much debate and consideration and waiting, I finally snagged this beautiful thing on AmiAmi.

XRuoZAs.jpg

She's been on my wishlist since I first saw her years ago, and thought I would never own her since her price is so high. Well, screw that. She's mine now. I'm so happy.

So after much debate and consideration and waiting, I finally snagged this beautiful thing on AmiAmi.

XRuoZAs.jpg

She's been on my wishlist since I first saw her years ago, and thought I would never own her since her price is so high. Well, screw that. She's mine now. I'm so happy.

"Treat YO-SELF"

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
They sometimes do. Depending if people cancel or if they get more shipments in. I would suggest you make a backup preorder from another site tho.

Thanks for the info. I'm new to pre-ordering figures, so it's unfamiliar territory for me. I wonder why they limit pre-orders so early from the release date for some of these?

meijiko

Is this upcoming Nendo from the same show as the figure above?

aW2nm8T.jpg

I've been trying to decide if I want to get it or not.

The Alter figure I bought is based off of illustrations from the POP Wonderland series of fairy tale books, where the artist did anime versions of famous fairy tales like Alice, Little Red Riding Hood, Thumbelina, and Cinderella. The same artist has also done renditions of Touhou characters, and a few other original characters that ended up as figures.

The Nendoroid there (which I also have on pre-order) is apparently a mascot from a mah-jong game. I'm buying her mostly for the dress and accessories.

The Alter figure I bought is based off of illustrations from the POP Wonderland series of fairy tale books, where the artist did anime versions of famous fairy tales like Alice, Little Red Riding Hood, Thumbelina, and Cinderella. The same artist has also done renditions of Touhou characters, and a few other original characters that ended up as figures.

The Nendoroid there (which I also have on pre-order) is apparently a mascot from a mah-jong game. I'm buying her mostly for the dress and accessories.

Thanks for the info! I'll probably end up snagging the Nendo for similar reasons. That is a beautiful figure, BTW. Alter never disappoints. I looked it up but it appears to be sold out now.

XRuoZAs.jpg

I love the artwork for the figure. I went for the slightly less expensive SEGA Pop figure a while ago after I won my fantasy football league...

6235.jpg

LiK

XRuoZAs.jpg

Love the artist. He did art for Moe-Tan and other types of stuff. I bought a few of his figures a few years ago but they're in storage now. I guess I don't want a huge display of overly cute stuff anymore ha ha

Hey guys, junior here. Saw this thread and thought I would post some pictures of my stuff. After skimming through the thread, I doubt that my (crappy) pictures or my collection can match up to the stuff that you guys have.

Again, sorry about the quality (and the clutter), I just took a few quick pics with my cell.

I just changed the poses on Mega Man, Samus, and Link. I'm liking MM more as time goes by, but like I was saying before, his poseablity is very limited compared to the Figmas. It's cool seeing him standing there next to my other heroes though, it's like they're all teaming up.

One of my Link hands is pretty loose, anyone else experiencing this? It's the right hand that is semi closed so you can put the sword in, but the one that is angled, not straight on. I am posing my link as a right hander so I use this hand the most, but when having the sword straight out or back, or ESPECIALLY with the sword swoosh attachment, the wrist goes limp. I guess the sword is just too heavy for this wrist. I'm able to point it up just fine so it's not a big deal. I also don't care for the swoosh effect, I'd rather they added a bomb or boomerang rather.

Hey guys, junior here. Saw this thread and thought I would post some pictures of my stuff. After skimming through the thread, I doubt that my (crappy) pictures or my collection can match up to the stuff that you guys have.

Again, sorry about the quality (and the clutter), I just took a few quick pics with my cell.

Welcome aboard! I like that trapped Metroid you have, did you make that out of like Legos or craft beads? I also like the Scott Pilgrim, might have to look it up.

NEO0MJ

Picked up my 3A Rex today! Man, what a beauty. Sure, you can't play with it much, but that's more the fault of the design if Rex, rather than lack of effort by 3A. The size and detail on this thing is insane! It dwarfs any other toy I have. It took them a while, but props for 3A for making this thing happen. I wasn't going to buy Ray but after getting a hold of this my collection won't be complete 'till I have both. Hope they make Shagohod as well.

Welcome aboard! I like that trapped Metroid you have, did you make that out of like Legos or craft beads? I also like the Scott Pilgrim, might have to look it up.

Lol I wish I could make that, but I actually got the Metroid at a convention from some artist, I believe it's made out of melded craft beads.

im jelly of that cosbaby Predator and Alien

Got those from a special edition of the first Alien Vs. Predator.

BadWolf

Picked up my 3A Rex today! Man, what a beauty. Sure, you can't play with it much, but that's more the fault of the design if Rex, rather than lack of effort by 3A. The size and detail on this thing is insane! It dwarfs any other toy I have. It took them a while, but props for 3A for making this thing happen. I wasn't going to buy Ray but after getting a hold of this my collection won't be complete 'till I have both. Hope they make Shagohod as well.

Saw an unboxing vid of it, that thing is huge. Congrats!

Old Snake is such a nice touch.

One of my Link hands is pretty loose, anyone else experiencing this? It's the right hand that is semi closed so you can put the sword in, but the one that is angled, not straight on. I am posing my link as a right hander so I use this hand the most, but when having the sword straight out or back, or ESPECIALLY with the sword swoosh attachment, the wrist goes limp. I guess the sword is just too heavy for this wrist. I'm able to point it up just fine so it's not a big deal. I also don't care for the swoosh effect, I'd rather they added a bomb or boomerang rather.

Yep, the wrists of a couple of my Link's hands are very loose.

Elixir

XRuoZAs.jpg

Saw that, haha. I actually already have it but let me know what B/B is like, I'm really not game to try.

Also, what is the consensus on posting Hobby Japan scans here?

Jelly of both REX and grimlock.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Can't believe those Perler bead sprites are selling for that much. I did an Atomos sprite from FFV a while back that was nearly 18"x30" that would sell for a nutty amount.

Yeah, the price for the metroid tube might be including shipping. Plus it's like an amateur hobbyist's work who probably makes them on demand, so I don't mind the price to support an individual or small group.

I will probably be buying one of these, am trying to fight the desire...

johnsmith

remember me
Where can these be gotten and how much?

Also, I need some help quickly. I want to import the Kotobukiya Asuka Kazama Bishoujo figure and I have found 2 sellers on Amazon UK but there's a huge price difference, but is there anything else different - which one should I order from?

Amazon UK (£44.33)

Amazon UK (£72.08)
Get the cheaper one. It's the same thing. I've seen this on the US site too. I think a seller is adding their own listing before amazon adds theirs.

Pachimari

The Catherines can be bought on amiami, blonde Catherine is also available used

Katherine

Catherine

They're like $58 each plus shipping

edit: That MGS figure as well. Solidus Snake? I'm not familiar. On back order, though

MGS Fig
Oh, those prices are actually okay. I haven't played the game yet but I'm gonna get it as I dig the art style. Who is Katherine, her enemy?

Get the cheaper one. It's the same thing. I've seen this on the US site too. I think a seller is adding their own listing before amazon adds theirs.
Alright. I just bought an Assassin's Creed 3 figure which I'm very happy about, so I'm gonna get Asuka sometime next month. :)

Oh, those prices are actually okay. I haven't played the game yet but I'm gonna get it as I dig the art style. Who is Katherine, her enemy?

lol, I guess you could say that.

You play as a guy named Vincent. His girlfriend is Katherine, the brunette. She wants to commit to a more serious relationship and he's not sure if he's ready for that. As he's struggling with this internally, he meets Catherine, the blonde. She's more carefree and he ends up sleeping with her, thus cheating on his girlfiend. The game is about his internal struggle between what to do about it.

Mark I 2.0 is a beaut. Nice pick-ups.

Aye, so much detail to it. Liking the stand too, makes a change from usual hot toys stands. Just need to get my collection sorted now, sell a few and then got a few more coming next month! Still got a cabinet in the box ready to be constructed and another one which I built but haven't put anything in yet!

SUPARSTARX

Are you going to buy the hall of armor displays for them later?

There's a lot of juice left in the Iron Man set..

Iron Man 3 Tony Stark, Mark 8 and maybe even the patriot colored mark suit.

Alright. I just bought an Assassin's Creed 3 figure which I'm very happy about, so I'm gonna get Asuka sometime next month. :)

just know that shipping (SAL) is about 12-15 USD

Yeah, the price for the metroid tube might be including shipping. Plus it's like an amateur hobbyist's work who probably makes them on demand, so I don't mind the price to support an individual or small group.

I will probably be buying one of these, am trying to fight the desire...

If I remember correctly it was just one woman making/selling these, then again she was the only one at the booth.

Anyway, I'm looking into buying Revoltech figures, specifically anything Gurren Lagann. Does anyone know where I could find these? I checked amazon, but I've never used it before and don't know how reliable it really is. Also what's the quality like on Revoltech figures? Worth buying?

Anyway, I'm looking into buying Revoltech figures, specifically anything Gurren Lagann. Does anyone know where I could find these? I checked amazon, but I've never used it before and don't know how reliable it really is. Also what's the quality like on Revoltech figures? Worth buying?
You can find them on ebay for ok prices, but fancier folks might have better places to look.

I guess there are a couple versions of Kamina, and they look..... not bad-ish, considering how small they actually are.

Kamina_figure_1_by_Scr3wjob.jpg

I actually have that exact figure, you can see it in the pics I posted. I was leaning more towards the mechs though, specifically these:
In retrospect, I have no clue how I missed that.

But just in general, I'm having a hard time finding figures for the series too. I know it was popular and Gainax loves merchandising, so I'm baffled the faucet has been turned off and there's no longer a steady stream of new ones.

Are you going to buy the hall of armor displays for them later?

There's a lot of juice left in the Iron Man set..

Iron Man 3 Tony Stark, Mark 8 and maybe even the patriot colored mark suit.
Nah, too expensive, would rather have the suits in action poses.

I don't really go for the human figures. Skipped Mech Test Tony, Black Widow and Whiplash. Any new suits I'll go for. Also really hoping for a Mark III 2.0 at some point. The old one and the Battle Damaged version look pretty bad next to any of the new suits. The majority of the work is done, just repaint the Armor Unleashed Mark II and remove the rivets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom